Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• iDemo

• fonTelefon

• cedo

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

eo kako izgleda kad bigbos najavljuje otpustanja, vrlo kulturno

Distribution: all ****** employees Dear colleagues, Our company priorities are clear: driving for growth, cost leadership and reinvigorating the organization. While I am confident that we are making good progress in each area, we must now take initial steps to follow up on the announcement that we made in November about targeting €500 million in annual operating expense and production overhead savings by the end of 2011. At that time, we said that we would conduct a global personnel review that could impact in the range of 7-9 percent of our employees – and with the first stage of that review, we are now ready to announce our initial plans. We have two very clear goals as we embark on this process: first, to achieve the necessary cost savings by the end of 2011; and, second, to work our way through the required actions while always treating people with dignity and respect.As we move forward, we expect that the impact on people will come in different forms. Where possible, we would like to minimize the impact on those affected to the extent we can through the use of measures such as short-time work and voluntary exit packages. At the same time, however, the reality is that we believe involuntary reductions will inevitably be necessary in a number of countries. Being amongst our largest centers of employment, ****** and ****** are expected to experience the largest impact. Based on the initial plans announced today, we propose a limited introduction of voluntary exit packages in ***** and short-time work in ******. Employees in other countries are expected to be affected as well – but those details can only be communicated locally once the review proceeds. As our focus is on delivering savings by the end of 2011, it is important for everyone to understand that we are now only at the start of this process, and still have considerable work to do before we are done. In the meantime, we will try to keep uncertainty to a minimum, and I ask everyone to do their best to keep focused. The worst thing we could do right now is to lose sight of what matters most for our future: our customers and winning business.A large part of successfully turning a company around feels very good – winning new deals, showing better results, having happier customers. Unfortunately, turnarounds also require some hard but necessary actions – and we are now at that point. We can wish things were different, but there is a business reality that we cannot – and must not – ignore. Let’s work through these issues step by step; with respect and decency, but also with determination.
IBM je ovih dana otpustio masu ljudi, uglavnom u Severnoj Americi.
Колико су запослили у Кини и/или Индији?
Колико су запослили у Кини и/или Индији?
Masu ljudi <_< mada malo manji broj nego sto su otpustili ovde. Neki severnoamericki (doskora) zaposleni su doziveli ultimate ponizenje™ - povukli si ih sa njihovih regularnih poslova i dali im da treniraju nove kolege u Indiji/Kini/Taiwanu/wherever i kad se obuka zavrsila lepo su im sa zahvalili sto obucili svoje zamene i uputili ih na DOL :ph34r:

nista cudno, samo kinezi izbace preko 6 milioa diplomaca (koji rade za sicu) godisnjekakva cifra, da se smrznesvideo

Edited by banecare1
  • 4 months later...
brkas demokratiju i kapitalizam. ocigledno je da produktivnim kapitalistickim drustvima ne treba demokratija. pogledaj kinu. najgore od oba sveta a na putu je ka svetskoj sili.
Da, oko ovoga, zanimljive podatke zatekao sam na blogu Andrewa Sullivana.asianwages.jpg
Where the Wages Are Really LowAs everyone knows, China’s low wages make it an attractive place to setup factories for certain kinds of manufactured goods. Except so many factories have moved to China that the country’s not nearly as poor as it used to be. So the sweatshoppers of the world are moving to new horizons:

As costs have risen in China, long the world’s shop floor, it is
slowly losing work to countries like Bangladesh, Vietnam and Cambodia — at least for cheaper, labor-intensive goods like casual clothes, toys and simple electronics that do not necessarily require literate workers and can tolerate unreliable transportation systems and electrical grids
.Li & Fung, a Hong Kong company that handles sourcing and apparel manufacturing for companies like Wal-Mart and Liz Claiborne, reported that its
production in Bangladesh jumped 20 percent last year, while China, its biggest supplier, slid 5 percent

This is the stuff progress is made of. The Chinese economy is still growing, having moved into some higher-end products. And even though both wages and working conditions at apparel factories in Bangladesh are terrible, they represent opportunity relative to current conditions. What’s more, with luck the Bangladeshes and Vietnams of the world will use the revenue provided by these factories to upgrade their infrastructure and teach people to read. Perhaps the most significant problem with China’s currency policies is that it’s retarding this process and making it harder for poorer countries to start working there way up the ladder of economic opportunity.

• 4 months later...
... bilo je prilicno burno ovih dana kod mene na poslu ... 20% zaposlenih je dobilo nogu. Bio je to naravno sok i za njih i za nas, jer se neka 2 sata nije uopste znalo ko je sledeci, pa smo samo stajali i cekali da vidimo koga ce dalje da "privedu".
US-Unemployment-Rate.gifUnited_States_Mean_Duration_of_Unemployment.jpg
High levels of unemployment can be causes of civil unrest, in some cases leading to revolution, and particularly totalitarianism. The fall of the Weimar Republic in 1933 and Adolf Hitler's rise to power ... is attributed to the poor economic conditions in Germany at the time, notably a high unemployment rate of above 20%
http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-chartsThe seasonally-adjusted SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994. That estimate is added to the BLS estimate of U-6 unemployment, which includes short-term discouraged workers.The U-3 unemployment rate is the monthly headline number. The U-6 unemployment rate is the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) broadest unemployment measure, including short-term discouraged and other marginally-attached workers as well as those forced to work part-time because they cannot find full-time employment.sgs-emp.gif?hl=ad&t=1291387614 Edited by Gandalf
  • 4 weeks later...

The photographs of Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre capture what remains of a once-great city – and hint at the wider story of post-industrial AmericaDetroit in ruins

The Ruins of Detroit tells the city's story so far in one starkly beautiful photograph after another, all of which add up to nothing less than an end-of-empire narrative. Or as Sugrue puts it: "The abandoned factories, the eerily vacant schools, the rotting houses, and gutted skyscrapers that Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre chronicle are the artefacts of Detroit's astonishing rise as a global capital of capitalism and its even more extraordinary descent into ruin, a place where the boundaries between the American dream and the American nightmare, between prosperity and poverty, between the permanent and the ephemeral are powerfully and painfully visible. No place epitomises the creative and destructive forces of modernity more than Detroit, past and present."
United-Artists-Theater-in-006.jpgThe ruined Spanish-Gothic interior of the United Artists Theater in Detroit. The cinema was built in 1928 by C Howard Crane, and finally closed in 1974East-Methodist-Church-011.jpgEast Methodist ChurchMichigan-Central-Station-008.jpgMichigan Central StationDentist-Cabinet-Broderick-013.jpgDentist Cabinet, Broderick TowerThe-ballroom-of-the-15-fl-003.jpgThe ballroom of the 15-floor art-deco Lee Plaza Hotel, an apartment building with hotel services built in 1929 and derelict since the early 1990sMichigan-Theatre-012.jpgMichigan TheatreVanity-Ballroom-001.jpgDetroit’s Vanity Ballroom with its unsalvaged art deco chandeliers. Duke Ellington and Tommy Dorsey once played here.William-Livingstone-House-005.jpgWilliam Livingstone House, Brush Park, a French Renaissance-style house designed by Albert Kahn in 1893 and demolished since this photograph was takenWaiting-hall-Michigan-Cen-014.jpgWaiting hall, Michigan Central Station
The photographs of Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre capture what remains of a once-great city – and hint at the wider story of post-industrial America
zato je amerika velicanstvena! gradovi i kompanije slobodno propadaju, ljudi gube i nalaze posao, i sele se za boljim, sve ima prirodne cikluse i niko ne traci energiju da place za prostim mlekom i razmatra kako "zadrzati mlade na selu". civilizacija napreduje, gradovi se radjaju i umiru.zato, ziveo pad detroita, ziveli buduci gradovi i centri, zivela postindustrijska amerika, i zivela jeftina roba iz azije!