IGNORED

Apple Macintosh

henrik larsson

imam par pitanjca, ali nije hitno, nego samo da dojavim da se ne brinete, sa stivom je sve u redu.Apple's iconic chief executive Steve Jobs, dogged by speculation about his health, announced Monday that he is being treated for a "hormone imbalance" but will remain head of the company. Jobs, 53, in a letter to the "Apple Community," noted that his recent weight loss and decision not to give the keynote presentation at the annual Macworld Expo in San Francisco on Tuesday had set off a "flurry of rumors about my health, with some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed."

"I've decided to share something very personal with the Apple community so that we can all relax and enjoy the show tomorrow," said Jobs, co-founder of the California company behind the Macintosh computer, iPhone and iPod. "As many of you know, I have been losing weight throughout 2008," said Jobs, who underwent surgery for pancreatic cancer in 2004 and looked extremely gaunt at his last public appearance several months ago. "The reason has been a mystery to me and my doctors," the Apple CEO said. "A few weeks ago, I decided that getting to the root cause of this and reversing it needed to become my number one priority. "Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the cause -- a hormone imbalance that has been 'robbing' me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy," Jobs said. "Sophisticated blood tests have confirmed this diagnosis," he said. "The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and straightforward, and I've already begun treatment. "But, just like I didn't lose this much weight and body mass in a week or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this Spring to regain it," Jobs said, adding: "I will continue as Apple's CEO during my recovery." The Apple chief said he "will be the first one to step up and tell our board of directors if I can no longer continue to fulfill my duties as Apple's CEO. "I hope the Apple community will support me in my recovery and know that I will always put what is best for Apple first," he said. "So now I've said more than I wanted to say, and all that I am going to say, about this." In a statement released simultaneously with Jobs's letter, the Apple board said "it is widely recognized both inside and outside of Apple that Steve Jobs is one of the most talented and effective CEOs in the world. "As we have said before, if there ever comes a day when Steve wants to retire or for other reasons cannot continue to fulfill his duties as Apple's CEO, you will know it. "Apple is very lucky to have Steve as its leader and CEO, and he deserves our complete and unwavering support during his recuperation. He most certainly has that from Apple and its board." Apple's share price soared in reaction to the news. At 1915 GMT, Apple was up 5.53 percent in New York at 95.77 dollars. Apple has been notoriously secretive about Jobs's health and the company was criticized on Monday for failing to acknowledge his medical issues sooner. "It's an announcement that could have been made last month and, given the way that Jobs and Apple have traded on his reputation to pitch the company, it should have been," wrote Staci Kramer on paidContent.org. Hormonal imbalance is a common symptom of pancreatic cancer and could signal that Jobs isn't done battling the often terminal illness, according to analyst Rob Enderle of Enderle Group in Silicon Valley. "Steve Jobs is not immortal or super human," Enderle said, adding that the board of Apple is shirking its duty if it isn't grooming a successor. "The people Apple has on the bench cannot take the place of Steve Jobs," Enderle said. NPD analyst Stephen Baker disagreed, saying that while Jobs is the driving force at Apple, they have "plenty of talented people to take over" the helm. Speculation about Jobs's health had been rampant since it was announced last month that for the first time in 11 years he would not give the keynote speech at Macworld, the annual cult-like gathering of Apple devotees. Marketing vice president Phil Schiller is to give the keynote at Macworld, which runs from January 6-9 and features more than 450 companies promoting gadgets, gear, software or services tailored for Apple products. Born in San Francisco on February 24, 1955 to a single mother and adopted at a young age, Jobs founded Apple with engineer Steve Wozniak after dropping out of college. He left the company in 1985 after an internal power struggle but returned in 1996 and is credited with reversing Apple's fortunes by launching the iPod MP3 player and the iPhone. Under Jobs, Apple has also made its Macintosh computers more compatible with Windows-based PC programs and boosted its share of a market long ruled by machines based on Microsoft software.

a pritom mu je biografija gotivnija od bilove, sto i nije tako tesko. i furao je sa joan baez, jbt!

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs is a living legend in Silicon Valley, the man who gave the world not just a single iconic product but three. The visionary behind the Macintosh computer, the iPod and the iPhone, Jobs announced on Monday that he was suffering from a "hormone imbalance" but would stay on as Apple's chief executive. Born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco to a single mother and adopted by a couple in Mountain View, California, at barely a week old, Jobs grew up among the orchards to one day become the global technology mecca known as Silicon Valley. As a high school student, Jobs attended lectures at Hewlett-Packard in nearby Palo Alto, and worked a summer job there with engineer Steve Wozniak. Jobs left Reed College after a single semester, but continued to take classes, including a calligraphy class he has cited as the reason Macintosh computers were designed with multiple typefaces. When he was 20, Jobs made a spiritual journey to India, returning with his head shaved and wearing traditional Indian garb. He got work as a technician for video game pioneer Atari and attended a garage club called "Homebrew Computer Club" with Wozniak. That earned Wozniak the opportunity to visit Jobs at work and play Atari games for free. A Northern California boy like Jobs, Wozniak was a fellow college dropout. Their first computer burned during a test run and the project was dropped. But the endeavor resulted in Wozniak getting to know his friend's close pal, Jobs. Jobs was 21 and Wozniak 26 and working as an engineer at Hewlett-Packard when they founded Apple Computer in the garage of Jobs's family home in 1976. While Microsoft licensed its software to computer makers that cranked out machines priced for the masses, Apple kept its technology private and catered to people willing to pay for superior performance and design. Jobs and Apple introduced the "computer mouse" to make it easy for users to activate programs or open files. Under Jobs, the company introduced its first Apple computers and then the Macintosh, which became wildly popular in the 1980s, Jobs was elevated to idol status by ranks of Macintosh computer devotees, many of whom saw themselves as a sort of rebel alliance opposing the powerful empire Microsoft built with its ubiquitous Windows operating systems. Jobs, who became the more public face of Apple, went from celebrity bachelor days that included a relationship with folk singer Joan Baez to settling into family life in Palo Alto. He married in 1991 in a ceremony presided over by a Buddhist monk. He has three children by his wife and has a daughter with a woman he dated prior to marrying. Jobs left Apple in 1985 after an internal power struggle and started NeXT Computer company specializing in sophisticated workstations for businesses. He co-founded Academy-Award-winning Pixar in Emeryville, California, in 1986. Pixar was created from a former Lucasfilm computer graphics unit that Jobs reportedly bought from movie industry titan George Lucas for 10 million dollars. It became a scrappy, creative studio that produced box-office movie hits including "Toy Story," "Finding Nemo," "Bolt," "WALL-E," and "The Incredibles." Apple's luster faded after Jobs left the company during the dot-com boom. Apple and Jobs reconciled in 1996, with the company buying NeXT for 429 million dollars and Jobs ascending once again to the Apple throne. While criticized by some for a fiercely controlling leadership style, Jobs is credited with reversing Apple's fortunes by launching iPod MP3 players and coveted iPhones. Under Jobs, Apple has made its Macintosh computer systems more compatible with Windows-based PC programs and boosted its share of a market long ruled by machines based on Microsoft software. Walt Disney Company in 2006 bought Pixar in a 7.4-billion-dollar deal that gave Jobs a seat on its board of directors and made him the entertainment titan's biggest single shareholder. Known for his trademark mock black turtleneck shirt, blue jeans and running shoes, Jobs is prone to phrase comments in musical references involving favorite artists such as The Beatles and Bob Dylan. Jobs was treated for pancreatic cancer in 2004 and his gaunt appearance at a public event several months ago gave rise to renewed speculation about his health. Jobs finally addressed the rumors with the announcement on Monday that he was suffering from a "hormone imbalance" but would stay on as Apple CEO while he underwent treatment.

Edited by luba

Možda je bezosećajno jer se radi o čoveku koji je preživeo rak i sada verovatno leči posledice i ostatke istog, ali Englezi nisu mogli da se obuzdaju oko ove vesti o hormonalnoj terapiji :DiPHONES TO BEHAVE ERRATICALLY ONCE A MONTHAS JOBS TURNS INTO A GIRLIPHONES and iPods will start to behave erratically once a month as Apple boss Steve Jobs slowly turns into a girl, it was confirmed last night.Jobs revealed his recent weight loss has been caused by an hormonal imbalance, although he reckons it has just moved from his hips to his thighs.Now consumers have been warned that Apple's hi-tech gadgets may soon start to behave so irrationally you may be tempted to shove them out of a moving car.An Apple spokesman said: "When Steve turns into a girl, all his products turn into a girl."He added: "Roughly every four weeks, for reasons known only to itself, your iPhone may suddenly decide that you're a total and utter prick.ijobs1.jpg"All normal functions will cease and every time you touch it a deafeningly loud alarm will go off. It may also try to kill you."Meanwhile your iPod will want to play angry songs by Alanis Morrisette over and over again for about four days."Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it as Apple products do not, as yet, respond to huge amounts of chocolate and Grey's Anatomy."Meanwhile Apple's ultra-slim MacBook Air laptop may also be withdrawn after Jobs decreed that it looked like 'a big fat cow'.

Ma jok, ja o Macu blage veze nemam niti mi je danas danji jasna suštinska razlika sa PC. Al volem tako da čitam i ono u šta se ne razumem i neminovan je zaključak da tu ima puno arogancije i sektašenja. Nemo se ljutiš, ništa lično, možda bi i ja takav bio da me neko na vreme usmerio. Al da je tako, tako je.
Napisali tu u našem ponajboljem informatičkom časopisu da je to MAC nakon x86 tranzicije - PC sa instaliranim OS-Xom. :lol: Malo mu jest nabita cijena, ali što je to prema skupoj Visti!

MAC = Media Access ControlMac = Macintosh.Molim da se pazi na terminologiju -_-Btw, de se dede Idioteque? :unsure:

Edited by henrik larsson
MAC = Media Access ControlMac = Macintosh.Molim da se pazi na terminologiju -_-
Za razliku od vas vas MAcHeada, ja sam otporan na brendiranje. cool.gif Slobodno sam dijete PC-a! :D Njah i gledam cijene ovog MacBrooka Pro-a na hrvaškem tržišću.As expected, duplo je skuplji od ekvivalentnog NEpple free laptopa. :P

Nego, kad si već tu, daj malo elaboracije, šta kažu ti ponajbolji informatički momci konkretno, koja je razlika u odnosu na pre-x86 doba? Pošto ja imam i PPC i Intel varijantu, i da me jebeš ne mogu da izvalim značajnu razliku pod OS X.

Razlika u odnosu na pre-x86 doba jest upravo to što Bugovci pišu - ti esencijalno imaš PC-Compatible računalo na koje se, kao što znaš, može instalirati Vista SP1, Windows 7 i tak dalje (koji sad podržavaju i EFI).Imaš, Intelov Core2 procesor. Intelov wireless a/g/n network karticu, NVIDIJinu grafulju i sve ostale PC komponente.Razlika je sada samo OS-X. PPC ima manju snagu, troši više baterije. Plus to, Motorola više nije imala para da ga odvede na next level.

Ok, ali šta tu ima loše? Imaš komp na kome možeš legalno da vrtiš minimum 2 komercijalna operativna sistema, i to ravnopravno (na dual boot). što ne možeš na kupljenom pecejcu sa Winom.Da predupredim stare priče o ceni hardvera, svako je slobodan da iskonfiguriše sebi MacPro na Apple sajtu, zatim potraži mašinu istih ili sličnih karaktaristika u Dellu ili tako nekom, i ako mu ovaj drugi ne ispadne skuplji $200-300, ja plaćam piće (Radio sam to već par puta na drugim forumima dokazujući nekom nešto, sad me mrzi :) ).

• 3 weeks later...

Malo oko uređaja koji se na Mek kače preko usb-a. Juče sam prikačila Canon a610. Uređaj se nije pojavio u obliku one ikonice diska (kao što mi se pojavljuje usb). Dakle, nisam mogla dvokilikom na njega da uđem, već sam išla preko Picase koja ga je automatski prepoznala i otvorila fotke. Ja rekoh, dobro, bitno je da skinem fotke. Kad sam to završila, nisam imala nijedan disk pa da na njega kliknem "eject". Jedino što sam mogla je da iščupam usb kabl iz tastature. Nije mi javljao nikakvu grešku.Sada sam preko usb-a nakačila MP4 i javio mi je da je uređaj (valjda prethodni) izvađen bez poštovanja procedure, bla, bla, i da će se možda nešto oštetiti. Naravno, mojim fotkam na Canon-u ništa ne fali. Ali, sada mi ne prepoznaje ni ovaj mp4, nema ni ikonice na desktopu, ni u finderu pod devices (kao što nije bilo ni fotoaparata). Elem, kako da to rešim - da li moram da tražim neke drajvere, šta li, preko neta ili mogu nekako drugačije? MP4 je MS.Edit: samo da dodam da na mp4 piše connect, samo što mek izgleda nešto nije zadovoljan time :huh:.Edit2: ponovo sam izvukla i vratila usb priključak i sada ga vidim. Doduše, kada sam to uradila, pojavilo mi se ovo upozorenje:2rr6op2.jpgšta on hoće, obzirom da mi fajlovi koji su na mp4-orci (tzv, NO NAME disk) normalno ferceraju?

Edited by kiki