IGNORED

Avionski udesi i nesreće

dare...

Imaju i piloti šta da kažu i ovakav način komunikacije im se sigurno neće dopasti. Sad treba ceo svet da ih gleda kao na tempirane bombe i potencijalne masovne ubice zbog toga što je jedan skrnavi tužilac uočio priliku da se proslavi na osnovu statističke greške.

i ton novijih medijskih izvjestaja je malo promijenjen, pa se sada pominje 'mentalni problem'* cesce nego striktno 'depresija'

posto je jasno da nikome ne treba moralna panika na ovom osnovu

*tj psihicki, posla sam za engleskim izrazom

Edited by morgana

Udruženje nemačkih pilota.

“It is a very, very incomplete picture,” says James Phillips, international affairs director of the German Pilots Association, speaking on the phone to TIME late Thursday. He said his own reaction was “angry.” “I have the feeling that there was a search for a quick answer, rather than a good answer,” he said.

Phillips, who spoke to several members of the pilots’ association immediately after Robin’s press briefing, said the Marseille prosecutor, who is charged with investigating the crash, “raised more questions than he had answered.”

Chief among those questions is why the captain, who spent several minutes banging frantically on the cockpit door, did not use an emergency code, designed to override the system those inside the cockpit use to let someone in. “We all agree that the captain left the cockpit,” says Phillips. “But we have an emergency access code to get into the cockpit. That was not mentioned,” he said. Other pilots believe that the person within the cockpit can override any attempt to gain entry from outside.

Airbus has a YouTube video to instruct A320 crew members about what to do if one of them is trying to get inside the cockpit, but those inside do not open. According to the video, the crew would tap an emergency code on the keypad outside the cockpit door, setting off a 30-second alarm inside the cockpit, until the door opens for just five seconds, allowing the person to enter.

German prosecutors in Duesseldorf say documents found at the dead co-pilot's apartments suggest he concealed the extent of his illness from his employers and authorities.

Ako sam dobro cuo, upravo na CNN govore da je u stanu pronadjen pocepan papir sa postedom (ili kako se to vec kaze...odobrenje za day off) od lekara i za dan kad je pao avion.

Ako sam dobro cuo, upravo na CNN govore da je u stanu pronadjen pocepan papir sa postedom (ili kako se to vec kaze...odobrenje za day off) od lekara i za dan kad je pao avion.

Biće do kraja mu nisu dali da uzme slobodan dan i da je odlepio i spucao avion...

eto jos jedne stvari u vezi sa testiranjem. pilot mozda nema interesa da prijavi nadredjenom da se osjeca lose, naprotiv, moze do neke mjere da prikrije simptome (sto mu sa mnogim fizickim simptomima ne bi tako lako poslo od ruke)

The Royal College of Psychiatrists have issued a statement about the GermanWings plane crash, urging caution around the discussion of co-pilot Lubitz’ depression.

Professor Sir Simon Wessely, President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, said:

The loss of the GermanWings Airbus is a ghastly horror. Until the facts are established, we should be careful not to rush judgements. Should it be the case that one pilot had a history of depression, we must bear in mind that so do several million people in this country.

It is also true that depression is usually treatable. The biggest barrier to people getting help is stigma and fear of disclosure. In this country we have seen a recent fall in stigma, an increase in willingness to be open about depression and most important of all, to seek help.

We do not yet know what might be the lessons of the loss of the Airbus, but we caution against hasty decisions that might make it more, not less, difficult for people with depression to receive appropriate treatment. This will not help sufferers, families or the public.

eto jos jedne stvari u vezi sa testiranjem. pilot mozda nema interesa da prijavi nadredjenom da se osjeca lose, naprotiv, moze do neke mjere da prikrije simptome (sto mu sa mnogim fizickim simptomima ne bi tako lako poslo od ruke)

ja bih 'pojačao' malo ovo 'možda nema interesa' i rekao da postoji interes da se psihički problemi drže van očiju kolega, firme pa i doktora.

pratim ovih dana par stranih pilotskih sajtova/foruma, i njihova percepcija je zaista tu negde:

primer:

I am now retired due to medical issues, but I would have hit mandatory retirement in 15 months. So, I will try to speak as candid as I can about some of the issues raised.

One problem with psychological testing is the tests are only valid for that moment in time. When I was interviewing at various US airlines, each and every airline had some type of psych test. I spent 3 days at the Mayo Clinic getting poked and prodded at the expense of my ultimate employer. I took several psych tests and had an interview with a shrink. While that was the most exhaustive evaluation I had, each prospective employer had some testing. So, the foundation is already there and the system works as good as can be expected. Unless you mandate testing prior to each flight, the potential to have a similar accident will be there.

Being a pilot, for me was the best job in the world. Could it be better, absolutely. One drawback on being a pilot is we don't have the same options that non-pilot employees have. If I walk into the Chief Pilot's Office and said I was depressed and suicidal, I can assure you I would not be allowed to even look at an aircraft again. No employer would ever take the chance on putting you in a cockpit again. Is that fair??? I don't think so. Depression can be treated and cured. If diagnosed properly and treated aggressively it will resolve over time. But, the stigma is still there if you are a pilot. The words suicidal end a pilot's career.

There has been talk on here about the company should have known this and that about the mental status of the F/O. As far as I am concerned, it's all rubbish. It is 100% up to the pilot to keep his employer informed of his health condition. However, the industry as a whole forces pilots to be less than truthful about their mental and physical health. I know of several pilots who had mental health issues and kept it to themselves. Even pilots I know who have gone through messy divorces and faced financial issues were not fit to fly, but they did it anyhow because they had no options.

Alcoholism, in western aviation circles, is now recognized as an illness. However, mental health issues such as depression are not. That is really very sad. I think, they are both very similar and over time can be managed. The aviation community is going to have to decide if it's allowable for pilots to be more human and if so they will have to design a process where there is "no jeopardy" self reporting.

Just my thoughts.....

The Royal College of Psychiatrists have issued a statement about the GermanWings plane crash, urging caution around the discussion of co-pilot Lubitz’ depression.

Professor Sir Simon Wessely, President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, said:

The loss of the GermanWings Airbus is a ghastly horror. Until the facts are established, we should be careful not to rush judgements. Should it be the case that one pilot had a history of depression,
we must bear in mind that so do several million people in this country.

It is also true that depression is usually treatable.

The biggest barrier to people getting help is stigma and fear of disclosure. In this country we have seen a recent fall in stigma, an increase in willingness to be open about depression and most important of all, to seek help.

We do not yet know what might be the lessons of the loss of the Airbus, but we caution against hasty decisions that might make it more, not less, difficult for people with depression to receive appropriate treatment. This will not help sufferers, families or the public.

Ovo je takođe bitno. Otprilike 10% čitave ljudske populacije pati od depresije pa ih to ne čini automatski ubicama. Depresija se može lečiti i onaj ko je pre 10 godina bio depresivan to možda više nije.

Ako bismo svakih mesec dana stavili sve pilote ovog sveta na rigoroznu proveru psihoemotivnih sposobnosti, ne bi ih puno ostalo da nas voze po nebu. Piloti nisu nikakvi nadljudi, samo su posebno obučeni i imaju nešto bolji zdravstveni bilten. Što se tiče glave, podložni su svemu i svačemu kao i svi mi ostali.

Ovo je takođe bitno. Otprilike 10% čitave ljudske populacije pati od depresije pa ih to ne čini automatski ubicama. Depresija se može lečiti i onaj ko je pre 10 godina bio depresivan to možda više nije.

Ako bismo svakih mesec dana stavili sve pilote ovog sveta na rigoroznu proveru psihoemotivnih sposobnosti, ne bi ih puno ostalo da nas voze po nebu. Piloti nisu nikakvi nadljudi, samo su posebno obučeni i imaju nešto bolji zdravstveni bilten. Što se tiče glave, podložni su svemu i svačemu kao i svi mi ostali.

pa naravno. depresija ne eliminise potencijalnog ili zaposlenog pilota sama po sebi. 

da li je ovaj konkretan pilot bio za privremeno ili trajno iskljucenje iz posla, potpuno je druga stvar.

Edited by morgana