IGNORED

Amerika, zemlja velika

Кристофер Лумумбо

9 hours ago, vememah said:

Kad napišeš "15% D" to će 99% ljudi shvatiti ne kao da demokrate imaju za 40% (a ne 15%) više glasova od republikanaca u toj saveznoj državi (imaju 15 procentnih poena više, ne 15% više glasova) već kao da demokrate imaju ukupno 15% glasova, a republikanci nešto manje od 85%, koliki je ostatak.

Molim te, Roger sasvim dovoljno dobro prati da zna o čemu pišem.. 

Researchers compared information from a federal database known as the National Vital Statistics System, which collects death certificates, with recent data from three organizations that track police killings through news reports and public records requests. When extrapolating and modeling that data back decades, they identified a startling discrepancy: About 55 percent of fatal encounters with the police between 1980 and 2018 were listed as another cause of death.

More Than Half of Police Killings Are Mislabeled, New Study Says (msn.com)

On 30.9.2021. at 6:40, vememah said:

Sledeći put onda kad objaviš post na ovoj temi napiši da je samo za Rogera.

Ako neko ko čita post o redistrictingu ne zna već da bukvalno ne postoji država u kome je odnos 15d-85r onda ne znam stvarno. Znači Misisipi nije takav odnos a da ne pričam o Oregonu koji je solid blue, tako da nemoj smarati jbt. 

Elem, evo linka za do sada izglasane mape, 3 nove i ove koje se ne menjaju jer imaju samo 1 CD

https://cookpolitical.com/redistricting/2022-maps-and-ratings

• +1 2
  • -1 1

DV-2023 Program: Online Registration

DV-2023 Program: The online registration period for the DV-2023 Program begins on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and concludes on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5).

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-instructions.html

Svako malo na twitteru neki kreten pokaže koliko je plutokracija u SAD dozrela za giljotinu

Što reći?

Edited by Roger Sanchez
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Weenie Pooh said:

Izbaciš ženu, priženiš 24/7 dadilju, uštediš minimum $16,000 dolara mesečno :fantom:

neiskusno, onda ide nova dadilja, posto stara vise nece hteti da se bavi time, a pri tom je uleteo i u alimony od prve zene. 

• +1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Tužno 1
1 hour ago, precog said:

neiskusno, onda ide nova dadilja, posto stara vise nece hteti da se bavi time, a pri tom je uleteo i u alimony od prve zene. 

ne do ti bog da si se prizenio u UK, ide pola plate bivsoj dok se ne uda, a nije luda.

• +1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3.10.2021. at 17:19, Roger Sanchez said:

Svako malo na twitteru neki kreten pokaže koliko je plutokracija u SAD dozrela za giljotinu

Evo jedan intervju koji to obradjuje. Iako izvire iz marskistickog stajalista u vezi uloge srednje klase u odrzavanju kapitalizma, mogu reci da slazem sa velikim dijelom:

The problem with America’s semi-rich (msn.com)

The guiding ideology is essentially that of a meritocracy. The driving idea is that people get where they are in society through a combination of talent and work and study. The main measures of that are educational attainment and material well-being, and anything that we provide to society or other people is on top or on the side of that and is a reflection of our own virtue and not in any way necessary for social functioning or part of a good life. It’s always, essentially, a sacrifice.

The obvious place to look for it is the whole college admissions game. But I think that’s kind of limited, too. I put a lot of emphasis on the family aspect because I think that’s a place where you really see in operation the attitudes and practices that go into child rearing and family formation.

You have at least two very different groups emerging in American society. At a high level, you have people who have their kids late in life after getting a lot of education, have fewer kids, and invest massively in them. And then you have a large group that is much closer to the traditional style of having kids early and not investing as heavily in them — although many of them, of course, try to emulate the practices of the upper-middle class.

What’s the role of the idea of meritocracy here?

I think that meritocracy mostly gets invented after the fact. You have significant inequality, and then you get people reimagining how the economy works. They first make the false assumption that individual merit or individual talent and effort is the main factor in production, and it isn’t. Most human economic activities depend far more importantly on the degree of cooperation that people are able to establish between themselves — cooperation within firms, cooperation between firms in a marketplace, and cooperation in a society at large in terms of having standards of trust, reasonable laws, and so on. All those things are far more important in determining economic output than mere merit or merely allocating rewards to merit.

People make this false assumption precisely because the inequality is already there, and they’re looking for a justification. Then, they make the further false assumption that the variation in human merit is tremendous — it’s astonishing that some people are literally a million times smarter than other people. You have to qualify a little bit because whenever you criticize meritocracy, someone will come back and say, “Well, people are unequal, some people are smarter.” I have no problem with that, there are differences among people, and those have to be recognized. But it’s completely false to think that those differences are great enough to explain the kind of variation that we see in the economy.

Nonetheless, all of this rhetoric around meritocracy tends to grow and becomes more convincing precisely as inequality grows. In this respect, I don’t think our meritocracy is all that different from previous aristocracy. The definition of aristocracy is just the rule of the best, and people who have merit are also by definition the best. It’s the same kind of rhetoric. Yes, aristocracy usually relied more on birth, but that’s just a mechanism for identifying the people who are going to be perceived to be the best.

Ja sam pre 2-3 godine pročitao teskst koji je u neku ruku nastavak ovog članka. Tu se otprilike kaže da je u poslednjih 20 godina primećeno da deca višeg srednjeg sloja (ovih 9.9%), koja skoro isključivo završavaju Ivy League škole, traže partnere isključivo medju sebi ravnima. To je ilustrovano dejt sajtovima u koje se pristupa po pozivu, a kvalifikacija je Ivy League diploma.

Posledica je da više nema mešanja sa slojevima ispod preko bračnih veza, retko ko brakom može da udje u tu kastu. Druga posledica je da viši srednji sloj ni preko porodičnih veza ne može da se upozna sa ljudima koji su drugačiji od njih. Rodjeni su u bablu, njihova deca će takodje živeti u bablu, i upoznavati i venčavati se sa istim takvima. Potpuno zatvoren krug.

• +1 2