99 members have voted

1. 1. da sam podanik krune, glasao bih za:

• jednookog skotskog idiota (broon)
    • aristokratskog humanoida (cameron)
    • dosadnog liberala (clegg)
    • patriotski blok (ukip ili bnp)

This poll is closed to new votes

Analysis box by Clive Coleman, legal affairs correspondent

The High Court in London says that advice given by the prime minister to the Queen to suspend parliament is basically "political" - something the government has argued from the get go - and so it's not a matter the courts should get involved in because there are really no legal standards against which to judge it.

Scotland's highest court disagreed, strongly.

It ruled that the prime minister's advice could be unlawful if its purpose was to stymie parliamentary scrutiny. That's because parliament's role in scrutinising the government is a central pillar of our constitution, which follows naturally from the principles of democracy and the rule of law.

Two courts, two totally contradictory judgments.

They are now both hurtling towards the highest court in the land, the UK Supreme Court, where that contradiction will be resolved. There will be a definitive ruling on whether the prime minister acted unlawfully, or not - and that will determine whether parliament is to be recalled in the lead up to 31 October.

And that is how our constitution works. Through what's known as judicial review, independent judges can stop the might of government in its tracks if what ministers have done is unlawful. Because as lawyers like to say: "Be you ever so mighty, the law is above you."

Pa ne bih uopšte rekao da je to sada neki haos. Zato postoji Vrhovni sud da tu presudi na kraju i da konačan sud o tome. Standardna stvar kada je bilo kakav slučaj u pitanju. Čak i da su svi niži sudovi dali isto mišljenje, išlo bi se na žalbu koja bi došla do vrha, pa bi krajnja instanca mogla da da potpuno suprotno mišljenje.

Edited by hazard

NIje blesav da u ovoj fazi trazi pakt sa Brexit partijom.

Takodje, ako izboksuje nesto sto nije backstop u ovoj formi ili no deal, uz parolu biti il ne biti, svi brexitasi konzerve ce glasati za konzerve a ne Farage-a, docim Farage moze da otkine na severu po koji glas laburistima.

Follow the money.

BREXIT DISASTER CAPITALISM - £8 Billion Bet on No Deal Crash-Out by Boris Johnson's Leave Backers

Spoiler

Boris Johnson’s leadership campaign backers in the City stand to make billions of pounds from his ‘do or die’ pledge to take Britain out the of the EU by the end of October, Byline Times can reveal. On the day Johnson was announced as Prime Minister by his party on 23 July, it was reported that “more than half of the donations received by Boris Johnson originated from donors with ties to the City”. However, this newspaper has discovered that this figure is actually much higher – and that many of the hedge funds involved are set to make a killing from his hard-line approach to Brexit. According to the records of both the elections watchdog, the Electoral Commission and the Register of Financial Interests, between 10 May and 23 July, Johnson received £655,500 in donations. Of these, two thirds – £432,500 (65%) – came from hedge funds, City traders or the very wealthy. 

At the start of this year, a number of hedge funds – including that of Crispin Odey who made £220 million on the night of the referendum result – announced that, in their view, Brexit wasn’t going to happen and that they were going to take bets out on sterling going up. Between January to May 2019, less than 10 short positions were being taken out by hedge funds per week. However, that all changed dramatically when Boris Johnson announced that he was running for the Conservative Party leadership on May 16. The number of short positions thereafter doubled, tripled and quadrupled and, by the time of his victory was announced, had risen to around 100 per week

Suverenitet, kontrola, britanski zakoni, sloboda, nezavisnost, bla bla.

Fucking morons.

Operacija Yellowhammer - nalazi vladine komisije za efekte izlaska bez ikakvog dogovora. Objavljeno sinoć nakon što je Parlament primorao vladu da ga obelodani.

Tačka 15 je nešto toliko strašno da je moralo biti cenzurisano. Trenutno se sumnja da je to nešto što bi izazvalo masovnu paniku, tipa, zatvaranje banaka i limit na podizanje keša od nekoliko nedelja da bi se sprečio kolaps funte.

Taking back control, make Britain Great again. Fuck yeah.

@Marvin

Hvala na linkovima i objasnjenjima. Da, sve je jasno, nemam nista da dodam.

Samo pitanje: Kako tacno se ovi iz City-ja obogate na ovakvim procesima - oni npr uloze u neke Bondove ili akcije ili poslove sa nekretninama za koje se ocekuju da ce skociti ako se dogodi Brexit?

Za ovu tacku 15 - vec sam pisao - bila je, doduse malo preterana (namerno da osvesti ljude), BBC futuristicka serija o Britaniji kroz godine u buducnosti Years and years na HBO-u skoro... neke stvari lice na ovaj dokument...

Edit: Procitao sam pazljivo - oni ulazu u short positions u opcije sa padom cene (za njih je smanjena cena u ovom trenutku) jer pokusavaju na uticu na dogadjaj Brexita koji bi uticao da se ostvari taj pad cene... tako nesto... mozda i kroz ulaganje u opcije valute (sterling)... ima objasnjeno u ovom drugom clanku, kroz valutu i ulaganje u zlato... svi su povezani (Rees Mogg najdirektnije)... najdirektnija insajd trgovina... 

Edited by mozzer

Da, ovo što Host reče gore, ali taj deo je čak onaj najlakši, najprostiji, najočigledniji štaviše, jer su svi ti podaci javno dostupni, može se lako referencovati koji hedž fond je kada ušao u kakvu poziciju s funtom, i da li to koincidira sa političkim događajima, i dabome, donacijama određenoj političkoj stranci ili osobi.

Evo detaljniji članak o mehanici:

Boris Johnson’s donor Crispin Odey eyes Brexit jackpot with £300m bet against British firms

No to je tek ono što je očigledno i što nam je svima pod nosom. End game je nešto o čemu je @MancMellow odavno pisao, a to je dugoročna suluda ideja da se Britanija (tj - samo City i London, a ostatak Britanije ko jebe) pretvori u deregulacionu low-tax "Singapore on Thames" zonu. Njima je Holy Grail izlazak i odbacivanje svih regulativa i propisa EU o konkurenciji, i srezavanje poreskih i mnoštva drugih propisa, jer žele da stvore od cele države divlji kapitalizam na steroidima. Ako je to bila samo teorija neko vreme, od juče na Gardijanu stoji članak gde Merkelova upozorava da je ovo Džonsonov cilj:

Merkel warns of danger to EU of Singapore-style UK on its border

In talks with European commission officials, the prime minister’s negotiator, David Frost, insisted that the UK is seeking a "clean break" from an array of the bloc’s regulations, a policy choice from the new British government that has caused alarm in other EU capitals.

Merkel also warned of the economic threat that the UK could pose. Johnson had privately told EU diplomats during his time as foreign secretary of his desire to build a “buccaneering” Britain, which has been seen as an indication of his plan to recast the UK as a low-tax and low-regulation state.

Drugi krak svega je ono sve što se dešava ispod žita, da gomila torijevskih političara (Liam Fox) ima već predugo vremena veze i planove sa američkim kapitalom da će oni dobiti milionske provizije, a da će Britanija skinuti gaće i ukinuti svu trenutnu regulaciju koju ima sa EU da bi mogla da sklopi FTA sa Amerikom. Do kraja možda i potpuno privatizovati NHS i ostaviti ga na rasparčavanje američkim osiguravajućim gigantima.

A stado i dalje mantra o will of the people, sovereignty i tamnici naroda.

Docim je ovo o Singapuru jedna od mogucnosti, ovo o NHS je veeeliko preterivanje - Britanija je demokratija, sto i poslednji dogadjaji pokazuju, i ukidanje NHS je moguce jedino u diktaturi.