IGNORED

Trump - hoće li biti impeachment ili 8 godina drugačijeg predsednikovanja?

radisa

pa ne, ti si bacila intervju sa nekog opskurnog kanala, napisao sam kako sam ga ja skapirao, pa sad ocekujem od tebe da ukazes na skrivenu istinu koju isti, po tebi, sadrzi.

hvala unapred.

Opinion

Coronavirus outbreak

Donald Trump's four-step plan to reopen the US economy – and why it will be lethal

Robert Reich

The president and his allies are hiding the facts and pretending ‘freedom’ conquers all. As a result, more Americans will die

Sun 3 May 2020 06.00 BST
Last modified on Sun 3 May 2020 06.16 BST

Donald Trump is getting nervous. Internal polls show him losing in November unless the economy comes roaring back.

But much of the economy remains closed because of the pandemic. The number of infections and deaths continue to climb.

So what is Trump’s re-election strategy? Reopen the economy anyway, despite the risks.

Step 1
Remove income support, so people have no choice but to return to work.

Trump’s labor department has decided that furloughed employees “must accept” an employer’s offer to return to work and therefore forfeit unemployment benefits, regardless of Covid-19.

Trump’s ally, Iowa’s Republican governor, Kim Reynolds, says employees cannot refuse to return to work for fear of contracting the disease. “That’s a voluntary quit,” making someone ineligible for benefits.

GOP officials in Oklahoma are even threatening to withhold the $600 a week of extra unemployment benefits Congress has provided workers, if an employer wants to hire them. Safety is irrelevant.

“If the employer will contact us … we will cut off their benefits,” says Teresa Thomas Keller of the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission.

Forcing people to choose between getting Covid-19 or losing their livelihood is inhumane. It is also nonsensical. Public health still depends on as many workers as possible staying home. That’s a big reason why Congress provided the extra benefits.

Step 2
Hide the facts.

No one knows how many Americans are infected because the Trump administration continues to drag its heels on testing. To date only 6.5m tests have been completed in a population of more than 200 million adults.

Florida, one of the first states to reopen, has stopped releasing medical examiners’ statistics on the number of Covid-19 victims because the figures are higher than the state’s official count.

But it’s impossible to fight the virus without adequate data. Dr Anthony Fauci, the administration’s leading infectious disease expert, warns that reopening poses “a really significant risk” without more testing.

Not surprisingly, the White House has blocked Fauci from testifying before the House.

Step 3
Pretend it’s about “freedom”.

Weeks ago, Trump called on citizens to “LIBERATE” states like Michigan, whose Democratic governor, Gretchen Whitmer, imposed strict stay-at-home rules.

Michigan has the third-highest number of Covid-19 deaths in America, although it is 10th in population. When on Thursday Whitmer extended the rules to 28 May, gun-toting protesters rushed the state house chanting: “Lock her up!”

Rather than condemn their behavior, Trump suggested Whitmer “make a deal” with them.

“The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire,” he tweeted. “These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely!”

Meanwhile, the attorney general, William Barr, has directed the justice department to take legal action against any state or local authorities imposing lockdown measures that “could be violating the constitutional rights and civil liberties of individual citizens”.

Making this about “freedom” is absurd. Freedom is meaningless for people who have no choice but to accept a job that risks their health.

Step 4
Shield businesses against lawsuits for spreading the infection.

Trump is pushing to give businesses that reopen a “liability shield” against legal action by workers or customers who get infected by the virus.

This week, he announced he would use the Defense Production Act to force meat-processing plants to remain open, despite high rates of Covid-19 infections and deaths among meatpackers.

“We’re going to sign an executive order today, I believe, and that’ll solve any liability problems,” Trump said.

The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, insists that proposed legislation giving state and local governments funding they desperately needs to include legal immunity for corporations that cause workers or consumers to become infected.

“We have a red line on liability,” McConnell said. “It won’t pass the Senate without it.”

But how can the economy safely reopen if companies don’t have an incentive to keep people safe? Promises to provide protective gear and other safeguards are worthless absent the threat of damages if workers or customers become infected.

The truth
The biggest obstacle to reopening the economy is the pandemic itself.

Any rush to reopen without adequate testing and tracing – far more than now under way – will cause a resurgence of the disease and another and longer economic crisis.

Maybe Trump is betting that any resurgence will occur after the election, when the economy appears to be on the road to recovery.

The first responsibility of a president is to keep the public safe. But Donald Trump couldn’t care less. He was slow to respond to the threat, then he lied about it, then made it hard for states – especially those with Democratic governors – to get the equipment they need.

Now he’s trying to force the economy to reopen in order to boost his electoral chances this November, and he’s selling out Americans’ health to seal the deal. This is beyond contemptible.

Robert Reich, a former US secretary of labor, is professor of public policy at the University of California at Berkeley and the author of Saving Capitalism: For the Many, Not the Few and The Common Good. His new book, The System: Who Rigged It, How We Fix It, is out now. He is a columnist for Guardian US

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/03/donald-trump-reopen-us-economy-lethal-robert-reich

Edited by vememah

najbolje da svi pocrkamo i samoubijemo se da bi se pandemija posle dva meseca karantina produzila. 

da li vi znate da amerikanci rade od svoje 13.-14 godine i da taj covek, za razliku od nas/balkanaca luftiguza (znamo da prezivimo i kad nemamo i da dozivljavamo kao kraj sveta), ne zna nista drugo da radi osim da radi? oduzeti mu to pravo je kao da si mu oduzeo zivot. 

plus da banke koje su dobile pare za bespovratne zajmove stvarno dale malim preduzetnicima i samo zaposlenima, veci deo trzista bi mogao da se vrati u normalu. ovako su ih obogaljili dok velike kompanije opstaju a radnici im primaju pomoc od drzave. privremeno. posle ce biti frka koga ce da prime nazad. 

sad cekam jebene kruzere i airnlines da padnu jos pa da zaradim na akcijama. al

ja stvarno mrzim da se drkam sa stock markets...da mesetarim na ameritrade. 

Edited by mustang

- ali zato neodgovornijeg naroda nema, na kugli zemaljskoj, kako inače objasniti činjenicu da polovina domaćinstava tamo ima manje od 500$ ušteđevine, sa njihovim ogromnim platama

-da bukvalno žive od danas do sutra, da ne ostave neku ušteđevinu za par meseci normalnog života bez prihoda

- zna to i trampara a i ostali profi političari da nisu dali lovu svakom čoveku, ženi i detetu, a sa 30 milona otpuštenih za 5 nedelja krize, već bi goreo kongres i bela kuća :happy:

Nije to do naroda, više je zbog uredjenja sistema jer se sve plaća/nema ništa džabe ili preko države. Usput je i two tier (da ne kažem three tier sa ilegalnim imigrantima) ekonomija koja zavisi od super jeftine radne snage, gde je minimalac u nekim državama $5 na sat. 

6 hours ago, gone fishing said:

- ali zato neodgovornijeg naroda nema, na kugli zemaljskoj, kako inače objasniti činjenicu da polovina domaćinstava tamo ima manje od 500$ ušteđevine, sa njihovim ogromnim platama

-da bukvalno žive od danas do sutra, da ne ostave neku ušteđevinu za par meseci normalnog života bez prihoda

- zna to i trampara a i ostali profi političari da nisu dali lovu svakom čoveku, ženi i detetu, a sa 30 milona otpuštenih za 5 nedelja krize, već bi goreo kongres i bela kuća :happy:

Nisu dali svakom čoveku, ženi i detetu, ne drami bez veze. Ja dolara nisam video, jer su mi primanja takva da nisam ni trebao da dobijem. Deca i domaćice takodje ne primaju tih $1200 po osobi jer se računaju u domaćinstvo, a domaćinstva primaju više od 1200 opet pod uslovom da su primanja po domaćinstvu u odredjenom opsegu. 

Kanada je drugačija, da ne kažem socijalistička, pa je opet primenila sličan sistem, 2 hiljade (kanadskih) dolara pomoći po osobi. Ne znam ko se kod njih kvalifikuje za to, ali sam siguran da nisu davali “svakom čoveku, ženi i detetu”.

3 hours ago, ObiW said:

Kanada je drugačija, da ne kažem socijalistička, pa je opet primenila sličan sistem, 2 hiljade (kanadskih) dolara pomoći po osobi. Ne znam ko se kod njih kvalifikuje za to, ali sam siguran da nisu davali “svakom čoveku, ženi i detetu”.

Kvalifikuju se oni koji su izgubili posao zbog korone. Onaj ko je i dalje zaposlen se ne kvalifikuje.

Ne znam kako ide za Amere, ovde je ovako:

If you have stopped working because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) may provide you with temporary income support. The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.

The Benefit is available to workers:

• Residing in Canada, who are at least 15 years old;
  • Who have stopped working because of reasons related to COVID-19 or are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits or have exhausted their Employment Insurance regular benefits or Employment Insurance fishing benefits between December 29, 2019 and October 3, 2020;
  • Who had employment and/or self-employment income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application; and,
  • Who have not quit their job voluntarily.

When submitting your first claim, you cannot have earned more than $1,000 in employment and/or self-employment income for 14 or more consecutive days within the four-week benefit period of your claim.

When submitting subsequent claims, you cannot have earned more than $1,000 in employment and/or self-employment income for the entire four-week benefit period of your new claim.

($500 kanadjanskih je ~ $350 americanskih)

The Trump administration projects about 3,000 daily deaths by early June.

As President Trump presses for states to reopen their economies, his administration is privately projecting a steady rise in the number of cases and deaths from the coronavirus over the next several weeks, reaching about 3,000 daily deaths on June 1, according to an internal document obtained by The New York Times, nearly double from the current level of about 1,750.

The projections, based on modeling by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and pulled together in chart form by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, forecast about 200,000 new cases each day by the end of the month, up from about 25,000 cases now.

Iz istog članka:

The projections confirm the primary fear of public health experts: that a reopening of the economy will put the nation right back where it was in mid-March, when cases were rising so rapidly in some parts of the country that patients were dying on gurneys in hospital hallways as the health care system grew overloaded.

Stiže mi danas dopis iz opštine da mogu da se prijavim da glasam poštom. Baš čudno, Teksas je bio najglasniji da to ne može, jer nešto, a i nema se dovoljno vremena. Sad ipak može.

• James Marshall locked this topic
  • James Marshall unpinned this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic