IGNORED

To, mačko!

Afterburner

5 hours ago, Zli Gli said:

Novace, u nadi da ovo citas, samo da kazem da sam te jedini branio od svih forumasa za vreme korone i tvog navodnog antivakserstva, dok su te svi ostali pljuvali najstrasnije gore nego da si Sotona licno. I sam sam trpeo silne uvrede ali sam izdrzao stojicki, jedino sam u tom procesu malo poklekao i usput prokockao manje vise sve sto sam imao... pa ako moze uplatica od par stotina hiljada evra kao skromna nagradica za vernost u najtezim trenucima, da iskoristim onu jeftinu foricu koju smo svi nekad probali sa zenskama - ti neces ni osetiti a meni bi puno znacilo:wub:

Nisi jedini. :sleep:

• +1 4

Ovaj  englez se  pogubio u nekim  ratovima, mobilizacijama itd.  da bi dokazao da Djokovic nije najbolji  igrac svih vremena, vidim da je kao neki filozof, predavac, jadni su njegovi studenti :unsure:

Edited by Micko8
  • +1 1

Ne znam što vas toliko tangira mišljenje/članak nekog engleskog smatrača, u trenutku najvećeg Novakovog trijumfa, i  srpskog spota uopšte. 

Mi ovde prisustvujemo stvaranju istorije a toliko buke zbog jednog članka, aman. 

• +1 6
  • Hvala 1

Odlican clanak u WSJ:

https://www.wsj.com/sports/tennis/novak-djokovic-french-open-grand-slams-nadal-federer-de6812b1

Novak Djokovic Stands Atop Tennis Alone. It’s Time He Gets His Full Due.

With a win at the French, the 36-year-old from Serbia now has 23 major singles titles, the most for any men’s tennis player ever. He’s also on path to another shot at a calendar Grand Slam.

I am totally entertained by this version of Djokovic. He is, on many days, the less powerful specimen on the bill—a wild thing to say, considering how long he reigned as the sport’s supreme body, who slept in recovery eggs, treated gluten like cyanide, and continues to turn to magic recovery crystals and whatnot. 

But 36 is 36, even for Nole. Don’t get me wrong, he can still slip and slide and bend like Gumby on the baseline, and his endurance in four and five setters remains unmatched. He keeps himself physically elite. But his true Jedi superpower now lives upstairs, in the mental aspect. 

Djokovic wins now by outthinking you, stripping away your advantages, or using your advantages against you—letting you hit your hardest shot and making you do it again and again. Remember how he neutralized a peak Nick Kyrgios at Wimbledon last summer? At the French, his persistence crampedAlcaraz into a sad puddle in the semifinals and he frustrated the skillful Ruud into repeated mistakes on Sunday. 

It’s master class stuff, a tennis Ali doing the rope-a-dope in orange Lacoste. If you play tennis, and you want to know how an older player can torment a younger player, watch this version of Djokovic. Just watch Sunday’s first set comeback versus Ruud. 

The crowd is grudgingly starting to appreciate this, and it’s about time. Djokovic was the Big Three’s third wheel, a youthful disrupter of Rafa vs. Roger, all but permanently cast as the nemesis. He regularly broke the hearts of the Fed fans and Nadal fans—he retains a lifetime winning record over both of them—and hasn’t experienced the warm bath of affection that those two routinely got. He’s been hissed and booed, and he’s occasionally contributed to this reaction, with some boorish behavior on the court.  

Sometimes Djokovic will lean into the hostility, using it as fuel—he once told me that when he heard the crowd cheering for an opponent, he imagined them cheering his name instead. I suspect he’s tired of those psychological gymnastics. Djokovic is no heel, he genuinely wants to be loved. He knows he will never be the dreamboat idol like Roger or Rafa, but he deserves his due. He should get it. 

And yes, you’ll note that I’ve steered away from the “GOAT” talk here; I think it’s tricky to get into the “greatest of all time” talk in a sport with profound technological and lifestyle advancement. Rod Laver and the Aussies played with wooden sticks and stuffed themselves into a van to travel to make money at exhibitions. Give them all modern rackets, state-of-the-art strings, and a private jet, and we will talk about who would have beaten whom. Give 19th century Bill Renshaw a pair of lightweight shorts! He may have won eight Wimbledons in a row, four over Ernest, still in long pants. Sorry Ernest.

None of that is Djokovic’s problem, of course, and he will get the stage to himself. Every tennis obsessive should want Nadal to return to full strength and give it another go in 2024, get to another French final and rule the clay at the Summer Olympics in Paris. I want Alcaraz to harness his energy and body and become a clear heir apparent. I have no idea what’s possible. I imagine Rafa and Carlos don’t, either. 

For now, Novak Djokovic keeps playing tennis with purpose. He stands alone, adding more. 

• +1 1
  • Hvala 2

Zezam se malo gore, ali iznervirao me je onom bezmudom izjavom, no ni prvi ni poslednji put.

Što se primarne stvari tiče, nema više prostora za bilo kakvu relativizaciju, jasno i nedvosmisleno - THE GOAT

https://thoughtleader.co.za/novak-djokovic-and-the-hierarchy-of-whiteness/

Thus, there is a two-tier classification of whiteness in today’s world where the West (comprising the United States, Western Europe, white Australia, white Canada and white New Zealand) sits at the top, and those from Eastern Europe are relegated to the bottom. This asymmetric treatment of Eastern Europeans vis-a-vis Western Europe can be seen today in the anti-Russia sentiment in Western Europe. It would appear that every evil ill is laid at the feet of Russia, be it cyber-attacks, political manipulation, espionage, even though the West is not immune from committing such acts. 

Anti-Eastern European sentiment was also prevalent in the build-up to Brexit. Before 1 May 2004, the 15 countries that were part of the European Union were Western countries. Up to that time, there was little grumbling about the influx of European immigrants into Britain. However, from May 2004, eleven Eastern European countries joined the European Union. The political elites exploited people’s fear of the Poles and Romanians in Britain, which eventually led to Britain’s departure from the European Union. One week after the Brexit referendum, hate crimes increased fivefold. According to Jon Fox of the University of Bristol: “The spike in hate crimes that followed the Brexit vote in the summer of 2016 serves as a poignant reminder that Eastern Europeans are still ‘not-quite-white’.”

Just as this racial hierarchy plays out in the geopolitical sphere, it also manifests in Djokovic’s treatment on and off the tennis court. Despite his contribution to tennis, Djokovic is one of the most disrespected multiple Grand Slam champions after the Williams sisters, who have experienced their fair share of racism in tennis. The New York Times once described Djokovic as the Unloved Champion. Unlike Federer and Nadal, who get favourable treatment from the media, tennis fans, tennis sponsors, and the tennis aristocracy, Djokovic’s case is the reverse. 

• +1 1
10 hours ago, dùda said:

But can we now put a moratorium on this until Carlos Alcaraz gets to at least 15? 

Aha, dok je Fedal bio u jeku, onda je priča o GOAT-u imala smisla, a sad kad je mlađi brat porastao i krenuo da lema sve, onda puj pike ne važi više.

Sačekaj da treniram dve godine da mogu da se potučem sa tobom, jer sad nije fer, ma jeeeeeste.