IGNORED

R.I.P.

Parsons

O Bojsiju i nama i jednom glumacko talentu za komediju. RIP

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/sep/19/john-challis-versatile-actor-celebrated-for-a-signature-snicker

he used-car dealer whose forecourt it would be wise to drive past at speed is a social and cultural stereotype. However, the comedy Rolls-Royce of the profession was Terrance Aubrey “Boycie” Boyce, played by John Challis, who has died aged 79.

Appearing in 33 episodes of John Sullivan’s sitcom Only Fools and Horses (BBC One, 1981-2003), Boycie had accumulated vast wealth from flogging secondhand vehicles that struggled to go forward as far as their mileage odometers had been turned back.

Challis reprised the role in four series of The Green Green Grass (BBC One, 2005-2009), in which Boycie, after giving evidence against the Driscolls (the comedy’s equivalent of the Kray brothers), hid out in a grand house in the Shropshire countryside. Challis also provided the filming location – the residence into which he had moved on the proceeds of his Only Fools and Horses fame. One of the actor’s final screen performances was in last year’s feature-length documentary Boycie In Belgrade, in which he explored the improbable popularity of the Peckham dodgy automobile salesman in Serbia, of which Challis was made an honorary citizen.

Whatever his special attraction to Serbians, Boycie entered the British sitcom hall of fame due to a combination of John Sullivan’s Dickensian knack for definitive characterisation and Challis’s skill at transmitting personality and motives through the way someone stands, walks, speaks and directs their eyes. A measure of his acting talent was the way Sullivan was able to play, as the show developed, with Boycie’s punch-laugh, introducing moments in which the cruel hooting slows, quietens and dies as the gloating joker realises a laugh is on him.

Meni licno su Mucke postale mnogo bolje kad su prosirili format na sat vremena i kad su poceli da ubacuju Trigera, Bojsija, Majka, Denzila itd. u svaku epizodu. Iako je prvi deda bio najbolji deda, taj format gde su samo Delboj, Rodni i on je vremenom postao pomalo klaustrofobican. 

Ona scena kad je Bojsija patosirao lik iz obezbedjenja u restoranu... :ziga::laugh:

• +1 1

Bio mi najsmešniji karakter (čak i od Trigera) u seriji.  Zahvalnost i producentima što njega izabraše na kastingu, pun pogodak kao prodavac polovnih auta.

Svaki put sam umirao od smeha na onu scenu kad navodi razloge zašto im država ne dozvoljava usvajanje deteta u onoj epizodi kada Rodni naleće na trudnu Nemicu u Ragininoj glavi.

RIP  "Herman Aubrey Boyce"

• +1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...