IGNORED

Stocks & Crypto

mustang

On 12.11.2022. at 21:53, Budja said:

U, jos i Enron paralele:

Da je samo to. Ima toga jos, bukvalno lopovluk:

----

Precisely what form of regulation Sam Bankman-Fried (SBF) might champion in any such meeting is unclear, but one suspects something along the lines of ‘as little as possible.’ FTX has to date largely mimicked the regulatory compliance theater of rival exchange Binance, an early investor in FTX (and another crypto fixture that relies heavily on USDT). 

If one ever doubted the insincerity of SBF’s compliance commitment, one need only consider FTX’s hiring of Ryne Miller earlier this month as the company’s new general counsel. The company’s former GC, Daniel S. Friedberg, is now FTX’s new chief compliance officer, a role for which Friedberg is almost comically inappropriate.

Friedberg joined FTX in March 2020. Before that, he was a partner at Seattle-based Fenwick & West, where he specialized in financial services for around four years. Before that, Friedberg performed a similar role at a few other Washington-based law firms (Riddell Williams, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn) and was listed as the registered agent of a small Seattle firm (Crest Law) in 2008.

However, nowhere on Friedberg’s resume does one encounter the two online poker businesses at which he toiled for years. That’s probably because both sites ultimately collapsed, taking around $50 million in customers’ account deposits with them. But long before that debacle, Friedberg played a pivotal role in the attempted coverup of a major insider cheating scandal.

In 2008, online poker site Ultimate Bet (UB) publicly confirmed rumors that certain individuals had utilized a little-known feature of the site’s software to view players’ hole cards during hands. This so-called ‘god mode’ allowed a number of ‘super users’ to cheat opponents out of tens of millions in poker winnings. The site’s operators begrudgingly paid out a few million to the loudest complainers and folded the site’s operations into a sister site (which was dealing with its own scandals).

In 2013, an audio recording surfaced that made mincemeat of UB’s original version of events. The recording of an early 2008 meeting with the principal cheater (Russ Hamilton) features Daniel S. Friedberg actively conspiring with the other principals in attendance to (a) publicly obfuscate the source of the cheating, (b) minimize the amount of restitution made to players, and (c) force shareholders to shoulder most of the bill.

----

On 13.11.2022. at 6:26, vememah said:
za one koji ne prate sport, Tom Brejdi je jedan od najuspešnijih igrača NFL-a tj. američkog fudbala u istoriji. 

I sad ce morati da igra do 50-te da placa alimentaciju :violina:

Sve mi vuce na pranje para preko ukrajine (ftx)  

Ne znam koliko ima veze, ipak je to visa matematika za mene, al tabla mi se od jutros zeleni bez algos i bez short selling. 

Sta ako su squeezed preko ftx svo ovo vreme amc i gme i ko zna koje jos tikere? 

Zna se da je vecina akcija prodata i da cena ne moze drasticno da varira. 

Edited by mustang

Genesis, the cryptocurrency platform, temporarily suspended withdrawals in its lending business following the collapse of crypto exchange FTX.

Kazu™ da je genesis u sredistu crypto lendinga i da ce ovo biti ultra ozbiljan udarac za taj svet 

On 14.11.2022. at 19:09, Peter Fan said:

I sad ce morati da igra do 50-te da placa alimentaciju :violina:

Da se ispravim, morace igrati do 60-te:

--

While Bankman-Fried has apologized and regulators have opened investigations, a class action lawsuit has just been filed against "all parties who either controlled, promoted, assisted in, and actively participated in FTX Trading."

The lawsuit, which was filed in Florida, names Bankman-Fried, Brady, Bundchen, Curry, O’Neal, Udonis Haslem, David Ortiz, Trevor Lawrence, baseball star Shohei Ohtani, tennis star Naomi Osaka, "Seinfeld" creator Larry David and O’Leary.

"The FTX entities imploded, their over $30 billion in value evaporated almost overnight, and the FTX entities found themselves filing their own emergency Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition in Delaware," the lawsuit said.

'Ponzi Scheme'

"The deceptive FTX platform maintained by the FTX entities was truly a house of cards, a Ponzi scheme where the FTX entities shuffled customer funds between their opaque affiliated entities, using new investor funds obtained through investments in the YBAs and loans to pay interest to the old ones and to attempt to maintain the appearance of liquidity."

The plaintiffs added that "part of the scheme employed by the FTX entities involved utilizing some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment — like these defendants — to raise funds and drive American consumers to invest in the YBAs, which were offered and sold largely from the FTX entities’ domestic base of operations here in Miami, Florida, pouring billions of dollars into the deceptive FTX platform to keep the whole scheme afloat."

FTX Collapse: Tom Brady, Steph Curry and "Mr Wonderful" Are in Big Trouble (msn.com)