• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rajka

• Indy

• Tribun_Populi

• Prokleto Djubre

Korisnici Ubera mogu od danas da budu ponosni sto koriste usluge glavoseca.

Uber said on Wednesday that it had raised $3.5 billion from Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, the kingdom’s main investment fund, in one of the largest-ever investments into a privately held start-up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/02/technology/uber-investment-saudi-arabia.html?_r=1

Pa dobro, mozda iskoriste tu direktnu vezu sa saudijskom drzavom i kandiduju neke vazne teme. Npr. pravo zenama da voze automobile. Oh wait, mozda ipak ne, jer bi im to smanjilo bazu korisnika usluga.

Sneaky little bastards:

One of the things you may not realize is that Uber can tell when your phone battery is about to die. In an episode of NPR’s The Hidden Brain, Uber’s head of economic research Keith Chen says when you hit accept to download, you give Uber the permission to know this in order to tell when to switch to low-power mode.

While that’s interesting, what’s even more revealing is how much people are willing to pay surge pricing depending on their phone’s battery level. Chen says users will pay up to 9.9 times in surge if their battery is critical just so they’re not stranded wherever they are (of course, assuming that your driver doesn’t cancel on you after your phone’s dead.)

Customers with a fully-charged phone can afford to wait for surge pricing to drop. Uber typically pings you in the next 30 minutes if surging goes down.

Doduse, ne mogu ih previse okrivljivati za tu taktiku, jer cenjkanje kao eksploatacija informacijske asimtrije postoji otkako i trgovina. Oni su to samo prilagodili informatickom dobu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Uber drivers are entitled to receive the National Minimum Wage and holiday pay because they are workers, not self-employed, a London employment tribunal has ruled.

In a landmark case that has implications for millions of workers, the tribunal rejected Uber’s argument that the drivers do not work for Uber, but merely use its technology.

As workers they are entitled to essential rights, such as sick pay and holiday pay. The case will directly affect 40,000 of Uber drivers.

The ruling is a “green light for others in the gig economy to come forward and make similar claims”, Frank Ryan an employment lawyer at Vardags said.

The scathing judgment said Uber resorted to "fictions, twisted language, and even brand new terminology," in its contracts.

Judges said the "notion that Uber in London is a mosaic of 30,000 small businesses linked by a common 'platform' is in our minds faintly ridiculous", adding that Uber's arguments were "absurd".

"We are satisfied that the the supposed driver/passenger contract is a pure fiction which bears no relation to the real dealings and relationships between the parties," the judgment read.

It is the first time Uber has faced legal action in the UK over whether its drivers are workers or self-employed. 

The GMB union, which brought the case, described the ruling as a “monumental victory”.

Nigel Mackay of law firm Leigh Day, which represents the drivers, said he was “delighted” with the verdict.

“This judgment acknowledges the central contribution that Uber’s drivers have made to Uber’s success by confirming that its drivers are not self-employed but that they work for Uber as part of the company’s business," Mr Mackay said.

[...]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uber-verdict-loses-drivers-workers-rights-minimum-wage-a7384921.html

znaci li to da sad i prodavci na amazonu mogu da traze isto? :fantom:

Ne verujem, svako moze da otvori prodavnicu i prodaje sta god hoce, za koju god cenu hoce. Uber vozaci voze za cene koje uber postavi.

znaci li to da sad i prodavci na amazonu mogu da traze isto? :fantom:

ajd da uporedimo:

ako svi nezavisni prodavci napuste amazon, da li ce amazon i dalje postojati?

vs

ako svi nezavisni vozaci napuste uber, da li ce uber i dalje postojati?

iskreno,  nadam se da ce ih iseckati na rezance u evropi, ovakvim i slicnim presudama.

odnosno, naterati da imaju iste obaveze prema vozacima kao i svi ostali u istoj delatnosti. 

(sto ce biti kraj njihovog izrabljivackog poslovnog modela)