IGNORED

Opšti topik o EU (ex kriza Evrozone)

anomander rejk

• 1 month later...
7daab41f8c7dab9b6c9ae8f7ba58b610.png
  • Deutsche Bank's headquarters in Frankfurt were raided by police last week (Photo: orkomedix)

Deutsche Bank convicted in Italy in widening scandal20.12.12 @ 09:30

BERLIN - An Italian judge has convicted Deutsche Bank of fraud, as the bank struggles to save its reputation amid widening probes over tax evasion and rate-fixing after the departure of its former CEO Josef Ackermann.Deutsche Bank was convicted together with US giant JP Morgan Chase, Switzerland's UBS and a German-Irish bank, Depfa, for their role in overseeing fraud by their bankers in the sale of interest rate bets to the city of Milan. About €90 million are to be seized from the four banks, who will also have to pay €1 million each in fines.The case is only the first in a series of similar complaints: around 600 Italian municipalities had bought such derivatives and lost about €4 billion during the financial crisis, according to the Italian central bank.In parallel, Deutsche Bank is part of a worldwide investigation for altering the British benchmark interest rate (Libor) and its euro-counterpart (Euribor). Once the European Central Bank takes over the supervision of eurozone's largest banks, Deutsche Bank will fall under the new scrutiny.The Milan sentence, which can still be appealed, also comes after Deutsche Bank had its Frankfurt headquarters raided last week in a probe for alleged tax evasion on profits cashed in from trading with carbon permits.[/color]Germany's largest commercial bank, once renowned for its solid and risk-averse business, has been transformed over the last decade into an aggressive investor and speculator with risky bets known as derivatives, largely due to the leadership of Swiss top banker Josef Ackermann, who stepped down earlier this year.The US Senate named the German bank alongside Goldman Sachs as the two institutions that played a “key role” in the financial crisis.But unlike Denmark's Danske Bank whose management apologised for its role in the financial crisis, Ackermann still got praise for it.At his opulent farewell party, Ackermann received video-testimonials including from EU commissioner Olli Rehn, who praised him for "restoring confidence in the financial sector."Ackermann's successor, Juergen Fitschen, who vowed to change the company's culture, has meanwhile also come under fire in Germany for having phoned up the regional governor to complain about the police raids which are denting his bank's reputation.

Edited by buffalo bill
  • 2 months later...
The deal also involves a levy on bank deposits intended to ensure investors contribute to the bailout, the BBC's Andrew Walker in Brussels reports.People with less than 100,000 euros in Cypriot bank accounts will have to pay a one-time tax of 6.75%, while those with more will have to pay 9.9%. It is expected to raise 5.8bn euros in additional revenue.It has been a long and difficult negotiation, partly because of the reluctance of other Eurozone countries to use taxpayers' money to help foreign customers of Cypriot banks. Many of them are wealthy Russians.There are concerns around Europe about whether all that money was legitimately acquired and also about how effective Cyprus is in dealing with money laundering. The deal involves a levy on bank deposits intended to ensure those investors contribute to the bailout. But it will apply to all deposits - at a higher rate on amounts above 100,000 euros.A European Central Bank official said he anticipated the levy could be imposed before the banks open on Tuesday - Monday is a bank holiday in Cyprus. There would otherwise be a likelihood of massive withdrawals to avoid it.The Eurozone financial authorities have been keen until now to preserve bank deposits. The big question is whether this new precedent might unnerve bank customers in other countries in difficulty.The danger if that were to happen is that some might want to pull their money out which could undermine the banks further.A European Central Bank (ECB) official said the Cypriot authorities had already started to take action to ensure that the levy can be collected. Otherwise, there would be a likelihood of massive withdrawals to avoid it, our correspondent adds.
Miroslav-Mi%C5%A1kovi%C4%873.jpghodor

Ovo je komedija i skandal.EU stvarno gubi bilo kakve kriterijume i principe.Primaju Kirpa sa zamrznutim konfliktom (presedan), onda pljackaju depozitare (presedan).Kec na 11 za anti-EU politicare na koji se pozivati kada god EU krene da laprda o sigurnosti, zastiti gradjana, vladavini prava i sl.A opravdanje o Rusima i "money laundering" je tek komicno i sustinski i logicki i pravno neodrzivo.

Ovo je komedija i skandal.EU stvarno gubi bilo kakve kriterijume i principe.Primaju Kirpa sa zamrznutim konfliktom (presedan), onda pljackaju depozitare (presedan).Kec na 11 za anti-EU politicare na koji se pozivati kada god EU krene da laprda o sigurnosti, zastiti gradjana, vladavini prava i sl.A opravdanje o Rusima i "money laundering" je tek komicno i sustinski i logicki i pravno neodrzivo.
pa nije kipar presedan, vidiš da neće da prime srbiju sa zamrznutim konfliktom. :(

Debata o reketu je odlozena za sutra. Ne znam sta ce se dogoditi sa bankama sutra u 9:00, ali znam da bih sasvim sigurno odlozio sve druge obaveze i dosao ispred banke vec u pola osam.Ne mogu da verujem sta su osmislili jbt. Koliki idiot treba da budes da pokusas da resis finansijsku krizu tako sto miniras bankarski sistem.

Dolazak pred banku ti ne bi pomogao jer su sve transakcije ukljucujuci placanje racuna i prebacivanje izmedju vlastitih racuna onemogucene. Gomila ljudi je ostavljena bez kinte pred praznicni vikend i dobar deo onih koji idu od atma do atma to radi ne da bi izvukao pare sa savings/deposit racuna vec da skine pare sa current racuna i pozajmi familiji/prijateljima.

Edited by CPP

Ma ja sam u soku da se ovo ovako radi. I sta sad, mi iz trecerazrednih zemalja sad treba da se opet umesto za banke odlucujemo za slamarice, zato sto je Brisel odlucio da se od sada moze drpati iz privatnih depozita?

odlican potez. cek da vidim onoga koji ce sad stediti u kiparskoj banci :D umjesto da dobijas kamate oni ti uzimaju pare. tako se gradi povjerenje u bankarski sektor :Dkoliko ce kostati bailout kiparskih banaka kada ih dotuce ovakav potez?

Forbs jasan i glasan: Nemci su krivi za ovo.Washington Post kaze da ovo moze da bude pocetak velikog kriznog talasa.Mislim da ce sutra-prekosutra sve biti jasno, ako ovo prodje, sledi povlacenje depozita u Grckoj i Spaniji. Banke na Kipru se otvaraju u utorak, posle praznika...

Edited by Marko M. Dabovic