IGNORED

Dobra plata, dobro mesto, jeftin real estate

noskich

How Asia can help burst Sydney’s property bubble

https://www.domain.com.au/news/how-asia-can-help-burst-sydneys-property-bubble-20170405-gvdu6l/

Fortunately, that pessimistic analysis is largely fictitious. The tools for bursting Australia’s property bubble are close to hand, and have been employed elsewhere. What’s been lacking until recently has been political and institutional will.

Take Taiwan and Singapore. As wealthy, stable, Chinese-speaking states a few hours’ flight from southern China, they might be expected to be suffering from the same bubbly dynamics visible in Sydney, Hong Kong or Shenzhen.

That’s not the case. Home prices in Singapore have fallen for 14 consecutive quarters, and a property-price index for Taipei was down 18 points in February from a high of 133 two years ago. As Gadfly’s Andy Mukherjee wrote last month, things have gotten so cool in Singapore that the city-state last month announced plans to loosen some of the curbs it imposed on the market back in 2012 and 2013.

What have Taiwan and Singapore got that Australia doesn’t? Truly draconian restrictions, for one thing. Taxes on Taiwanese property sales can reach as high as 45 per cent, pushing the number of transactions last year to the lowest since 1991. Singaporeans who sell a property after less than a year must pay a 12 per cent anti-flipping duty, and foreigners have to pay 15 per cent when they make a purchase.

Even Hong Kong is getting in on the act, raising transaction taxes for overseas buyers from 15 per cent to 30 per cent last November.

Australia was relatively late to the game with macroprudential measures, with the RBA for many years being notably skeptical of the potential of such curbs.

Ne znam sta su uradili, ali je sada nazalost kasno. Trebali su da deluju cim je krenulo da raste 15-20% na godisnjem nivou. Sad nakon 7 godina takvog rasta sta god da urade nece znacajno/primetno poboljsati situaciju. Jedino sto sada mogu da urade je da uzmu stvar u svoje, to jest drzavne ruke. Drzavna izgradnja subvencionisanih stanova.

Ali od toga nema nista jer se uvek vracamo na: What’s been lacking until recently has been political and institutional will.

Edited by noskich
You can buy elite residency in Thailand for $60,000 — and the government will even provide a 'concierge' service

The Thai government has started offering "elite" residency visas for wealthy foreign citizens, allowing them to live in the country for around $3,000 (£2,403) a year, aimed at capitalising on increased global uncertainty over borders and immigration.

There are seven different packages, with the most expensive being the "Elite Ultimate Privilege" scheme.

It costs $60,000 for 20 years residency, along with a $600 a year membership fee.

Included in the price is a state-sponsored concierge programme, entitling members to VIP access to government agencies dealing with immigration, driving licences, and work permits.

The government will also provide complimentary return airport transfers, an annual health check up at a private hospital and 24 spa treatments and golfing trips a year.

• 3 weeks later...

Why America’s Richest Cities Keep Getting Richer

While that phrase is my own coinage, the broader phenomenon of winner-take-all economics has been recognized for quite a while. Almost 20 years ago, the economists Robert H. Frank and Philip J. Cook popularized the concept of the winner-take-all economy and society. The rudiments of the theory are evident in the labor market for professional athletes: As high as the salary of the average athlete may be, the pay gap between middling players and superstars is enormous. Frank and Cook saw this winner-take-all phenomenon spreading throughout the broader economy, as large pay disparities appeared in industries ranging from consulting, banking, and management to design, fashion, medicine, and law. The earnings gap between CEOs and the average worker soared. In the roughly four decades spanning from 1978 to 2015, CEO pay increased by more than 940 percent, while that of a typical worker grew by just 10 percent. The average CEO earned 20 times what the average worker did in 1965; by the 2000s, the ratio had grown to more than 300 to 1, where it has remained since.

Cities have been caught up in this winner-take-all phenomenon, too. Just as the economy confers disproportionate rewards to superstar talent, superstar cities, to borrow a phrase originated by the researchers Joseph Gyourko, Christopher Mayer, and Todd Sinai, similarly tower above the rest. They generate the greatest levels of innovation, control and attract the largest shares of global capital and investment, have huge concentrations of leading-edge finance, media, entertainment, and tech industries, and are home to a disproportionate share of the world’s talent. They are not just the places where the most ambitious and most talented people want to be—they are where such people feel they need to be.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/generation-rent-what-hope-does-a-nurse-on-60k-have-of-buying-a-house/news-story/2c48a4ee9aa75abc14f95b7cdebba007

Generation rent: What hope does a nurse on $60K have of buying a house? (ovo je nakon poreza, pre poreza 80K)

As a nurse Damien takes home around $60,000 dollars a year after tax, $11,000 of which he estimates is spent on rent.

In six years of fulltime 40 hour weeks he has managed to save $6000.

He admits he could have saved more if he hadn’t taken an annual trip overseas but with house prices in his area averaging $2.1 million, or 35 times his annual income, it wouldn’t have made much difference. Even unit prices are above $1 million in his area and still well beyond his means as an everyday working class Australian.

The Sydney median house rent is now $540 a week. In the East, the average house rents for over $1000 a week. 

Homelessness has ballooned by 33 per cent since 2011-2012 with a 14 per cent increase in 2015-2016 compared to the previous year.
“Only around 4% of Australia’s total housing stock is social housing (public housing and community housing) compared with, for example, 17% in the UK and 32% in The Netherlands. Social housing provision has remained virtually static since 1996 while population growth — and therefore housing need, is up more than 30%” says Professor Pawson.

Professional property investors make Ali Klinkenberg’s blood boil. He is another living and working in Sydney who is staring down the barrel of a lifetime of renting. He works around 50 hours a week as a magazine journalist in Camperdown, pulling in around $80,000 a year, half of which he estimates is spent on rent and bills. (samo da podvucem da je ovo takodje NAKON poreza)

Eto, bilo bolje u SFRJ nego u Australiji danas.
Samo me interesuje sta ce ovi moji ispisnici poraditi kada nakon 30-40 godina zivota provedenog na poslu budu prestali da rade. Kako ce onda placati rentu? Jedino da se uvede lapot, udri kamenom u glavu i nema problema. 

Moving on from home ownership for ‘Generation Rent’

One reason declining access to home ownership for younger people is of such concern is that housing is much more than housing. The wealth accumulated in our homes over our lifetimes has come to represent economic security and a means to live more comfortably in old age. It’s seen as a buffer in times of hardship – buying a home is an implicit part of the welfare system in many contexts.
Edited by noskich

pa nista, ajmo onda u sfrj.

Kazem to zato sto masa ovih demokracki opredeljenih danas pljuju po SFRJ, a preko 90% imovine koju poseduju je stan koji im je dodeljen od strane preduzeca. I oni tu ne vide nikakvu nelogicnost. Slave demokraciju koja ih je svela na prosjacki stap, da nemaju taj stan bili bi beskucnici. Ako to nije ispiranje mozga onda ne znam sta jeste. 

Ma nebitno koja je ideologija u pitanju, samo da smo u toku. Masa se rebrendira u skladu sa trendom. Kao sto su moje bivse profe na faksu od marksista preko noci postali tvrdi neoliberali tako i mase vide sa koje strane vetar duva. Nebitno sta je to, realsocijalizam, neoliberalizam, fasizam...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by noskich

Kazem to zato sto masa ovih demokracki opredeljenih danas pljuju po SFRJ, a preko 90% imovine koju poseduju je stan koji im je dodeljen od strane preduzeca. I oni tu ne vide nikakvu nelogicnost. 

iskreno, od mene bas neces cuti anti-sfrj retoriku. al samo dodajem da anti-sfrj sentiment nije iskljucivo vezan za demokracki nastrojene na nasim prostorima i u dijaspori. zar ne(?).

(edit: mada to je vec druga prica i ne bih dalje u sve to.)

Slave demokraciju koja ih je svela na prosjacki stap, da nemaju taj stan bili bi beskucnici. Ako to nije ispiranje mozga onda ne znam sta jeste. 

Ma nebitno koja je ideologija u pitanju, samo da smo u toku. Masa se rebrendira u skladu sa trendom. Kao sto su moje bivse profe na faksu od marksista preko noci postali tvrdi neoliberali tako i mase vide sa koje strane vetar duva. Nebitno sta je to, realsocijalizam, neoliberalizam, fasizam...

hqdefault.jpg

e sad, sta je najbolje od trenutne ponude, globalno govoreci? iskreno, australija jos i dobro kotira ako krenemo da uporedjujemo.

Edited by roksi

e sad, sta je najbolje od trenutne ponude, globalno govoreci? iskreno, australija jos i dobro kotira ako krenemo da uporedjujemo.

To je pitanje. Evo recimo Nemacka: https://www.domain.com.au/news/young-australians-moving-to-berlin-for-cheaper-rent-and-better-quality-of-life-20170428-gvukrr/

Young Australians moving to Berlin for cheaper rent and better quality of life

Besplatno skolovanje, ogranicene cene rente zbog cega je povoljno iznajmljivati, jaka prava rentijera. Slicno je i u Austriji, Holandiji. Skandinavija takodje nije za podceniti.

O Singapuru sam pisao nasiroko, ali nazalost sada je tamo jako restriktivno. 

I na kraju naravno opcija niskih troskova i solidnih primanja predavajuci engleski, radeci online, mali biznis... u jugoistocnoj Aziji, solidnijim zemljama Latinske Amerike, plus jos po koja zemlja poput Tajvana. Ima opcija, sad sta je bolje to je licna stvar.

Ovaj gore iz teksta sto radi kao medicinski brat, zaradjuje 60k neto, a stedi 1000 dolara godisnje ne moze tako gurati ceo zivot, nesto mora da se menja. Kao i onaj drugi sa 80k a placa rentu i rezije pola plate.

Edited by noskich

Kazem to zato sto masa ovih demokracki opredeljenih danas pljuju po SFRJ, a preko 90% imovine koju poseduju je stan koji im je dodeljen od strane preduzeca. I oni tu ne vide nikakvu nelogicnost. Slave demokraciju koja ih je svela na prosjacki stap, da nemaju taj stan bili bi beskucnici. Ako to nije ispiranje mozga onda ne znam sta jeste. 

Stan im je mozda dodeljen™ od strane preduzeca al' je to isto preduzece uzimalo kintu od plate (znash ono "bruto, neto, pre i posle poreza" i slicno) tako da ti stanovi - na kraju balade nisu bili ni dzabe ni besplatni. Ovo naravno osim onima kojima nikad nisu bili dodeljeni.

Stan im je mozda dodeljen™ od strane preduzeca al' je to isto preduzece uzimalo kintu od plate (znash ono "bruto, neto, pre i posle poreza" i slicno) tako da ti stanovi - na kraju balade nisu bili ni dzabe ni besplatni. Ovo naravno osim onima kojima nikad nisu bili dodeljeni.

Super, evo ja placam ovde porez 30% (nemoj opet da se ganjamo oko poreza) i dobijam besplatne preglede kod doktora opste prakse zauzvrat. I to je sve. Tuto completo.

• Hamlet Strašni locked and unlocked this topic