IGNORED

To, mačko!

Afterburner

36 minutes ago, Max Morlock said:

Blokira ko ima ad blocker plus italijanski nije baš raširen ko što je engleski... šta to interesantno kažu?

Sjebo je transalte tu i tamo ali čitljivo je.

Novak Djokovic, how many languages do you speak?
«English, French, Italian, Spanish. As a boy also German, but it's been a while since I've practiced it».

And in the field in which language do you think?
"In Serbian. In the field I get angry in Serbian, I rejoice in Serbian, I am ashamed in Serbian. Although with the staff, when I don't want to make myself understood by others, I speak Italian. After all, they are almost all Italian: Edoardo and Elena the managers, Claudio the physiotherapist, Marco the athletic trainer…».

I understand that you are also good at Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic.
«A few sentences. It is a matter of respect for the country. When they see you making an effort, they appreciate it. The more languages you know, the more value you have. I don't say as a man; I mean the value of relationships, the richness of friendship».

What is your earliest memory?
"The mountain. Kopaonik, in southern Serbia. My father took me skiing with him, wrapped in a scarf, when I was seven months old: he obviously told me this, it wouldn't be a memory but a trauma... One day I was alone in the forest, I must have been ten, and I met a wolf."

A wolf?
"A wolf. I felt a deep fear. I had been told that in these cases you have to back away slowly, without losing sight of him. We looked at each other for ten seconds, the longest of my life; then he veered left and walked away. I felt a very strong feeling that has never left me: a connection of soul, of spirit. I never believed in coincidences, and neither was that wolf. It was expected. It was a short meeting, but very important».

Why?
«Because the wolf symbolizes my character. I am very attached to my family, and I try to be available to everyone; but sometimes i have to be alone. I have often found myself alone in my life. Alone with my mission, with my goals to achieve. I stayed connected with that wolf. Also because the wolf is sacred for us Serbs. It is our totem animal. It is the symbol of a national tradition, of an ancestral faith that precedes Christianity. A religion before religion."

Her father was born in Kosovo, she was visiting Mitrovica.
“And now I want to go back to Kosovo, with my wife Jelena, to baptize our children there, eight-year-old Stefan and five-year-old Tara. I know the subject is very sensitive. That the conflict is still there, not with weapons right now, but the tension is felt. I don't want to get involved in politics, but for every Serb, Kosovo is the heart, it is the center of our culture, our identity, our tradition, our religion".

How was your childhood?
“Total freedom. No phones: when the sun went down it was the signal that I had to go home. The forest and nature have been fundamental to my training, I would also like my children to be outdoors as much as possible. When I was four they gave me my first racket; but none of us had ever played tennis, nobody knew what it was. We were a family of skiers, our idol was Tomba la bomba».

Then Jelena Gencic, the former tennis player who discovered it, arrived on the mountain.
«My parents ran a pizzeria, it was called Red Bull. Just opposite they built the tennis courts. I was six. I don't know if it was written in destiny that I should become a champion, I told her that I don't believe in coincidences, nothing happens by chance and everything has a reason; but I believe in luck. And it was lucky that Jelena showed up. There was no place for me on the course, and from behind the fence I watched the other children play. Then I turned on the TV looking for a tennis match, and there was the Wimbledon final: Sampras beat Courier. The next morning Jelena came up and asked me: good morning little boy, do you know what tennis is? I replied: yes, yesterday I watched the Wimbledon final! And she: do you want to try it?».

desc img

Djokovic during one of his first tennis lessons

I try.
“And Jelena saw something inside me. I learned everything from her. If I'm such a perfectionist, it's because she was. She had discovered Monica Seles, and she made me think like this: do you want a coca-cola? Monica Seles does not drink coca-cola. Do you want a burger? Monica Seles doesn't eat at fast-food… she also made me grow as a man, she prepared me for life. My holistic approach (Djokovic says truly holistic approach, in Italian) , the attention to what I eat, how I sleep, how I recover, how I welcome my thoughts, I found in her. She took me to her house and made me listen to classical music… ».

Which?
«Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi. He read Pushkin's poems to me. And he showed me the videos of the champions: Agassi's backhand, Sampras' serve, Rafter's and Edberg's volley, Becker's forehand and jumps, those jumps I've never learned to do ».

Who was his favourite?
“Guga Kuerten, the Brazilian. The most charismatic, the most loved. So, when I finally won Roland Garros in 2016, I asked him for permission to celebrate in his own way: draw a gigantic heart on the clay of Paris ».

You also met Emir Kusturica, the director.
“Yes, and he's another person I learned a lot from. I may disagree on some things, but he's a real, honest man. One who has the courage of his own ideas, and defends them from media pressure. I know something about it too, with the pressures I've had to endure in the last three years…».

Are you referring to the vaccine?
«I suffered everything on my skin. Many people have appreciated that I have remained consistent. 95 percent of what has been written and said on TV about me in the last three years is totally false.

They called her Novax Djokocovid.
«I am not no vax and I have never said in my life that I am. I'm not even pro vax. I am pro choice: I defend freedom of choice. It is a fundamental human right to be free to decide what things to inject into one's body and what not. I explained it once to the BBC, on my return from Australia, but they eliminated many sentences, the ones that weren't convenient. So I never spoke of this story again.'

How was the place where they held her in Australia?
“A prison. I couldn't open the window. I stayed less than a week, but I found young people, war refugees, who had been there for a very long time. My case has served to shed light on them, almost all of them have been freed, and this consoles me. A young Syrian had been there for nine years."

Nine years?
«Now he's in America, when I go back this summer I want to find him again and invite him to see me at the US Open; I also feel connected with him. The Australian judge accepted my appeal; but the Minister of Immigration, who has the power to deport whoever he wants without reasons, expelled me. But I didn't break the rules. I entered Australia with the necessary and correct documents, as recognized by the magistrate of the first trial".

But he wasn't vaccinated.
«I had had Covid and I was cured. I complied with all the rules and did not endanger anyone. Yet once there I became a political case, one that endangered the world. The system, of which the media are a part, required a target that was opposed to the mainstream; and I have become. They put the no vax label on me, a completely false thing, which still gives me a stomach ache. Then it turned out that the pandemic situation was very different from how it was presented. Now the World Health Organization has written that the virus is no longer so serious, that it is part of all the viruses we have…».

But this is precisely due to the fact that there was no freedom of choice and everyone or almost everyone got vaccinated, don't you think?
“But society has split. And I was placed in the middle, singled out as persona non grata. I found myself alone; but that time I felt like a sheep, surrounded by twenty wolves. And a man alone against the big media has no chance. I forget quickly, I'm focused on the positive things. I had Covid a second time. I've always accepted the rules, I couldn't go to America and I didn't go, I gave up two US Opens to stay consistent with myself. I didn't speak, because I saw what I was saying being distorted. I went back to Australia and won. But I was disappointed. From the media and many colleagues."

Which?
"I don't name names. But when half of society is against you, then you see the real face of people. And many people have turned their heads away. Many players and some organizers».

Let's go back to training with Jelena. On the night of March 24, 1999 you were in Belgrade.
“It didn't happen on the first night, but on the second or third. The explosion woke me up, the crash of breaking glass. My mother fell, she hit her head on the radiator, passed out. My father shouted: Nole, your brothers! I wasn't twelve yet but I was the oldest. I took Marko and Djordje and we went out into the street, there was no shelter in our apartment building, so we ran towards my aunt's building, it was three in the morning, there was smoke from bombs on the street. I fell, scraped my hands and knees, looked up and mine were gone, heard a rumble coming towards me, looked up at the sky and saw two F-117s go by. They fired two rockets at the military hospital, which exploded five hundred meters from us, the earth shook, everything was shaking... It was a trauma, even now I'm afraid of sudden loud noises,

Is it true that he continued to play tennis during the 78 days of the bombing of Belgrade?
"It is true. Schools were closed. What can you do against bombs? Not much, other than getting on with your life. We got up at dawn, they never bombed at dawn. We went to areas where no raids were planned, or to areas where raids had just taken place. For me it was like a game, but for my parents it was a terrible stress: fear, the queue for bread, the hour of electricity a day in which my mother had to cook as much as possible… That war was an additional motivation. Half the world was against us, our country certainly didn't have a good image; and I wanted to demonstrate to the world that there were also good Serbs».

What do you think about the war in Ukraine?
«The only thing I can say, as a child of war, is this: in war no one wins. War is the ugliest thing in life, man's worst invention, the worst idea in history. I have seen two wars, the civil one in Yugoslavia and the NATO bombing of Belgrade, I have seen the suffering of my family, the poverty of my country. War is much bigger than us, you can only pray to God to end it tomorrow. Unfortunately the war in Ukraine is slow, and every day it becomes more devastating. There are cities destroyed, lives cut short, but there are also damages that cannot be seen, which will last over time. I read an article on the effects of war traumas: they affect health, especially digestion. I had problems with the microbiome, my career only took off when I discovered intolerance to gluten and dairy products, and this may be related to the war. But the worst thing of course is losing a loved one; and war opens a void in every family. That's why I can't support any war against any country."

Is it true that your father went into debt to allow you to play tennis?
«With the war we had lost everything, even the pizzeria. He showed me a ten-mark note and said: this is all we have left. The fees for the school that she had opened in Bavaria for Niki Pilic, the former champion to whom I had been referred by Jelena, cost five thousand a month. My father did it to make me understand that I had a responsibility. He went to the loan sharks. Criminals. Serbia at the time of the embargo was a dangerous place. They asked him for 12.5 percent interest. Then they added: are you in a hurry? Yes? So let's do it on the 15th. Even my mother worked a lot, she suffered a lot ».

She's been with the same woman her whole life, and her name is Jelena too. How did you know her?
'In a tennis club in Belgrade. I was 16, she was 17, and she was with another tennis player. He won a tournament, lifted his shirt and on the tank top he wrote: Jelena, I love you. We teased him, but inside I thought: who is this Jelena? I didn't take her away from him, they had already broken up. She went to study in Italy, at Bocconi, I trained with Riccardo Piatti in Montecarlo, we stayed apart for a long time. Every now and then she came to see me on the train, I went by car to pick her up in Ventimiglia, how much time did she spend in that station… If she had started working then we would have lost ourselves, with the life I lead; giving up was the only way to be together. She worked for three or four months; she then she chose me. I am very grateful for that."

Is it true that you stopped imitating your colleagues after Federer asked you to? «Federer didn't ask me and I didn't stop with the impersonations, this year at the Montecarlo Players Show I did Andy Murray, Medvedev and the rapper Snoop Dogg. I've never imitated someone to offend them but to amuse myself; like "Seriously". And then they asked me, like Lea Pericoli in Rome in 2009 in front of Nadal: I imitated Rafa because he had won; if I had won I would never have done it, I would have thought: if I imitate him after I beat him, Rafa will kill me…” (Djokovic laughs).

What was your relationship with Federer really like?
«We have never been friends, between rivals it is not possible; but we have never been enemies. I've always had respect for Federer, he was one of the greatest of all time. He had an extraordinary impact, but I've never been close to him."

Is it true that you were friends with Nadal at first, and it ended when she started beating him?
"No. Nadal is only a year older than me, we are both Geminis, at the beginning we even went to dinner together, twice. But even with him friendship is impossible. I have always respected and greatly admired him. Thanks to him and Federer I grew up and became who I am. This will unite us forever; therefore I feel gratitude towards them. Nadal is a part of my life, in the last fifteen years I have seen more of him than my mother…».

And Fiorello?
“Too nice. A phenomenon. Other offstage comedians are sad; even in private he never stops joking, making shows. When he fell off the bike I looked for him, to be close to him. I like everything he does, on the radio, on TV, the Fiore newsstand is a brilliant invention. When tennis ends, I'd like to be an actor too. But at the theatre."

Why is he a Milan fan?
"For my father. And for Dejan Savicevic, the Genius».

You are known for your mental strength, for the talent to play the decisive points better than the normal ones. You said earlier: welcome thoughts. What does she mean she?
"Negative thoughts should not be rejected, but welcomed and allowed to pass".

In Italy they love it, elsewhere they often cheer against it. Her maximum was the 2019 Wimbledon final, where in the fifth set she canceled Federer two match-points on her serve.
“And finally I said that the audience was screaming Roger-Roger and inside me the screaming became Novak-Novak. That final was one of the two matches of life».

What was the other?
«The 2012 final in Australia with Nadal: a physical battle that lasted almost six hours. In most tournaments, when I played against Federer and against Nadal, the crowd was against me. I said to myself: you have to develop the strength inside your head, otherwise you never win. But it's not an easy thing to transform cheering against into energy. It doesn't always work. As Michael Jordan said: I failed, I failed, I failed; and I won."

7 hours ago, Max Morlock said:

Blokira ko ima ad blocker plus italijanski nije baš raširen ko što je engleski... šta to interesantno kažu?

Najlepsi jezik na svetu ❤️ (Novak kaze da razmislja na srpskom, a italijanski pricas sa svojima u boksu kada ne zelu da ga drugi razumeju). 

Pa imas gugl prevodilac 🤪

Mene mrzi da prepricavam :rolleyes:

U glavnom kratka pitanja i sazeti odgovori o svemu i svacemu. 

Kad i kako je sve pocelo, o Kopaoniku, skijanju, prvom reketu, Jeleni Gencic koja ga je naucila redu, radu i disciplini, slusanju ozbiljne muzike. 

O vuku sa kojim je imao susret u sumi sa nekih desetak godina (ovo nisam procitala nigde do sad 😯 nadam se da nije pomesao san sa javom 😄), bombardovanju, trcanju do sklonista, redovima za hleb i mleko, strahu od zvuka aviona i sirene koji ga do danas prati (kao i mene 😒), kako je upoznao Jelenu Ristic, o njenom bivsem koji je nakon osvojenog turnira skinuo majicu, a ispod imao potkosulju na kojoj je pisalo Volim te Jelena, pa se on zapitao ko li je ta Jelena 😄 i posle mu je ćapio (mada kaze da njihov raskid nema veze sa njim), o Bokoniju, Jeleninom poslu u Milanu koji je zbog ljubavi trajao samo tri meseca, tati i zelenasima, o emitacijama kolega, pita ga ovaj zasto ih je prekinuo, da li mu je neko skrenuo paznju da to nije lepo, on odgovara da ih nije pravio da bi nekeg uvredio nego da se zabavi i da nije orestao sa tim. Nedavno u Monte Karlu je emitirao Mareja i Medvedeva (bas bih volela videti ovog zadnjeg 😂). Sta jos, a da o Australiji i zatvoru, o jednom momku iz Sirije koji je tamo proveo nekoliko godina i koji je zahvaljujuci Novakovom slucaju izasao iz zatvora, sad je u USA i ako bog da sedece mu u lozi na US openu. 

O Radi i Fedu, sa Rafom je u pocetku bio prijatelj, a posle zbog rivalstva vise ne, a sa Fedom nikad nije bio blizak. Mecevima za pamcenje, onaj dugi Australijski protiv Rafe i zadnji W protiv Feda. 

O vakcini i njegovom stavu o kom je napisano bezbroj tekstova prepunih lazi i da onaj BBC intervju nakon izlaska iz zatvora nije objavljen u celosti (kaze da su izbrisali ono sto im ne odgovara) i da je zbog toga prestao da prica o tome jer ne zeli da mu se izvrcu reci. 

Toj ti je to. 

Come mai è milanista?
«Per mio padre. E per Dejan Savicevic, il Genio».

Tek sad vidim da je Milan iskopirao tekst 😂

A ja sinoc prevela i zaboravila da postavim. 

Necu brisati, mozda nekog mrzi da cita ceo tekst. 

Edited by Serena
  • +1 2
  • Hvala 1

Uz ogradu da sam procitala Redoranovo saopstenje ovde iznad (moj post se pre svega odnosi na igru :sleep:)

Zasto Visko juce par puta u toku meca spominje da su Novaku misli negde drugde kao posledica dogadjanja vezanih za terene na Kelemegdanu? :unsure:

Sto bi to bilo negativno ako je dobio vecu povrsinu i u neku ruku bolji deal sad? 

Na drugu stranu sto uopste nisam sigurna da takve stvari mogu da uticu na njega u toku meca...

Holger je jednostavno bio bolji i ovaj je i sam to izjavio mirne glave na konferenciji za stampu posle...