IGNORED

islamski ekstremizam

wall

Ne znam gde drugo da stavim:

The Meaningless Politics of Liberal Democracies
The desire for theocracy in the Muslim world can be partly understood through the failures of Western secularism. 

lead_960.jpg?1465415091
Students pray at a school in Indonesia. Antara Photo Agency / Reuters

Emma Green
Jun 8, 2016

Ben Affleck has become an unlikely spokesman for a view on Islam held by many on the American left. In 2014, the actor made a now-famous stand against Bill Maher and Sam Harris in defense of Muslims, arguing that it’s wrong to make generalizations about the religion based on ideological extremists and terrorists. “How about the more than 1 billion people who aren’t fanatical, who don’t punch women, who just want to go to school, have some sandwiches, and pray five times a day?” he said. 
In his new book Islamic Exceptionalism, Shadi Hamid—an Atlantic contributor, a scholar at Brookings, and a self-identified liberal—calls Affleck’s declaration a “well-intentioned … red herring.” Islam really is different from other religions, he says, and many Muslims view politics, theocracy, and violence differently than do Christians, Jews, or non-religious people in Europe and the United States.

Perhaps his most provocative claim is this: History will not necessarily favor the secular, liberal democracies of the West. Hamid does not believe all countries will inevitably follow a path from revolution to rational Enlightenment and non-theocratic government, nor should they. There are some basic arguments for this: Islam is growing, and in some majority-Muslim nations, huge numbers of citizens believe Islamic law should be upheld by the state. But Hamid also thinks there’s something lacking in Western democracies, that there’s a sense of overarching meaninglessness in political and cultural life in these countries that can help explain why a young Muslim who grew up in the U.K. might feel drawn to martyrdom, for example. This is not a dismissal of democracy, nor does it comprehensively explain the phenomenon of jihadism. Rather, it’s a note of skepticism about the promise of secular democracy—and the wisdom of pushing that model on other cultures and regions. 

Most Islamists—people who, in his words, “believe Islam or Islamic law should play a central role in political life”—are not terrorists. But the meaning they find in religion, Hamid said, helps explain their vision of governance, and it’s one that can seem incomprehensible to people who live in liberal democracies.

I spoke with Hamid recently about Islamism, ISIS, and the “patronizing” assumptions Americans sometimes make about Islam. Our conversation has been edited and condensed for clarity.

Emma Green: What’s been the reaction to the book, on both the left and the right?
Shadi Hamid: There are things in the book that may anger the left, and there are things in the book that may anger the right. But that’s also what I’m trying to do: challenge some of the dogmas on both sides of this debate. I want to push people to rethink their assumptions on Islam and its role in politics, and how we even view religion as a social force in general.
I am arguing that Islam is exceptional. I think there’s a general discomfort among American liberals about the idea that people don’t ultimately want the same things, that there isn’t this linear trajectory that all peoples and cultures follow: Reformation, then Enlightenment, then secularization, then liberal democracy.
Where I would very much part ways with those on the far right who are skeptical about Islam is that I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing for Islam to play an outsized role in public life.

Green: Are you endorsing the incorporation of theology into governments of predominantly Muslim nations?
Hamid: For me, the question of whether it’s good or bad is beside the point, and that’s not the question I’m trying to answer. Clearly, some people think it’s good. Certainly in the Middle East there are millions of people who think it’s good. There are many of us here in the U.S. who are skeptical, but ultimately I think it’s up to the people of the region to decide what’s best for themselves through a democratic process that would play out over time.
I see very little reason to think secularism is going to win out in the war of ideas. But the question is: Why would it in the first place? Why would that even be our starting presumption as American observers? It’s presumptuous and patronizing to think a different religion is going to follow the same basic trajectory as Christianity.

Green: How monolithic is “the Islamic world”? Can you make generalizations about Indonesia that extend to the Middle East, etc.?
Hamid: Different countries are very different in how they interpret Islam or Islamic law and how they apply those ideas in everyday public life.
Malaysia and Indonesia are very interesting cases. People don’t pay a lot of attention to them because they’re not very central to U.S. national-security interests. But the more I looked at those cases, the more I was fascinated. Those two countries are often described as models of pluralism, tolerance, and relative democracy. But there are actually more sharia bylaws on the local level in those two countries than you see in much of the Arab world, including Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, and certainly Turkey, in the broader region.
That tells us something: It’s not just an Arab problem. It’s not just a Middle Eastern problem. What I do think is quite different is that Malaysia and Indonesia have come to terms with this reality. [islam] doesn’t have the same kind of polarizing effect on the body politic [in those countries] as it does in the Arab world, because those two countries have reached a conservative consensus, where people say, “Yes, Islam does play an outsize role in public life, but we’re going to agree to adjudicate our differences through a democratic process, or at least not through violence.”
“On a basic level, violence offers meaning. And that’s what makes it scary.”

Green: You emphasize the importance of taking the “metaphysical” propositions of Islam seriously, over and above the material circumstances of violence. What is lost in focusing on the material rather than ideological factors in the politics of Muslim countries?
Hamid: As political scientists, when we try to understand why someone joins an Islamist party, we tend to think of it as, “Is this person interested in power or community or belonging?” But sometimes it’s even simpler than that. It [can be] about a desire for eternal salvation. It’s about a desire to enter paradise. In the bastions of Northeastern, liberal, elite thought, that sounds bizarre. Political scientists don’t use that kind of language because, first of all, how do you measure that? But I think we should take seriously what people say they believe in.
It’s interesting that we’re having this conversation at a time when many people, including outside the Middle East, are loosing faith in technocratic, liberal democracy. There’s a desire for a politics of substantive meaning. At the end of the day, people want more than economic tinkering.
I think classical liberalism makes a lot of sense intellectually. But it doesn’t necessarily fill the gap that many people in Europe and the U.S. seem to have in their own lives, whether that means [they] resort to ideology, religion, xenophobia, nationalism, populism, exclusionary politics, or anti-immigrant politics. All of these things give voters a sense that there is something greater.
What we can learn from the Middle East can also apply to some extent to other regions that are struggling with similar questions of what are the ultimate purposes of politics.

Green: You open the book by asking about this inscrutable yearning for violence that seems to be felt among a small minority of Muslim extremists. What do you make of this yearning?
Hamid: On a basic level, violence offers meaning. And that’s what makes it scary. In the broader sweep of history, mass violence and mass killing is actually the norm. It’s only in recent centuries that states and institutions have tried to persuade people to avoid such practices.
That also reminds us that when institutions and social norms are weakened, those base sentiments can rise up again quite easily. And that’s what I saw.

Green: You also frame violence as a way of grappling with theodicy, or the problem of evil. How does this play out in the Islamic tradition?
Hamid: That is the question many Muslims have been asking not just recently, but for centuries, ever since the fall of the various caliphates and empires: Why is God doing this? Why is God permitting this fall from grace? The Muslim narrative you hear a lot is that when Muslims were good, God rewarded them with success and territory. When Muslims went astray, then perhaps God decided to send them a message to encourage them to return to the straight path.
A question I get a lot is, “Wait, ok, is Islam violent? Does the Quran endorse violence?” I find this to be a very weird question. Of course there is violence in the Quran. Muhammad was a state builder, and to build a state you need to capture territory. The only way to capture territory is to wrest it from the control of others, and that requires violence. This isn’t about Islam or the Prophet Muhammad; state building has historically always been a violent process.

Green: On that point, you observe that the state-building impulses of the Islamic State actually make it much more terrifying than other groups. Why?
Hamid: ISIS has gone well beyond the al-Qaeda model of terrorism and destruction. Of course, ISIS does that, too, but it attempts to build something in the place of what it has destroyed. It has an unusually pronounced interest in governance. And they are not just making things up as they go along. There does seem to be a method to the madness; they are drawing from certain strains of Islamic history and tradition. They are perverting them, I would argue, and distorting them, but it is not as if they are just making it up out of the air.
If ISIS were defeated tomorrow morning, we would still have to consider ISIS one of the most successful Islamist state-building groups. And that’s what makes it scary and frightening as an organization: They have offered a counter model. They’ve shown that capturing and holding territory is actually an objective worth striving for. An overwhelming majority of Muslims dislike ISIS and oppose them. But ISIS has changed the terms of the debate, because other Islamist groups in recent decades have not been able to govern. They have not been able to build states, and ISIS has.

Green: Why do you think it is important to reframe the conversation about political Islam to focus on moderate Islamists, rather than just terrorism?
Hamid: First of all, most Islamists aren’t ISIS. When we use Islamist, or Islamism, as shorthand for groups like ISIS, we are getting it completely wrong. I think it’s dangerous, these tropes that “Islamism is the enemy” or “Islamism is the problem.”
Islamism is a very modern thing. It was inconceivable four centuries ago. In the pre-modern era [in the Islamic world], Islam imbued every aspect of public and political life. It was the unquestioned overarching legal and moral culture in these territories. With the advent of secularism as a competing idea, or ideology, for the first time Muslims have to ask themselves these kinds of questions of who they are and what their relationship to the state is. So, in that sense, Islamism only makes sense in opposition to something else that isn’t Islamism, i.e., secularism.
If I had to sum up mainstream Islamism in a sentence, I would say it’s the attempt to reconcile pre-modern Islamic law with the modern nation-state. But the problem is that Islamic law wasn’t designed for the modern nation-state. It was designed for the pre-modern era. So the question then is, “How do you take something that wasn’t meant for the modern era and adapt it to the modern era—the era of nation-states?” That is the conundrum that Islamist movements are facing.

Green: You partly wrote this book to shift the conversation about Islam away from an exclusive focus on extremism. Do you think you’ll still be called on to explain extremism and political violence forever more?
Hamid: That’s partly up to me. People can ask whatever question they like, but, ultimately, I’m going to try to emphasize the other issues as well. It’s important to talk about ISIS and extremism. But the bigger issue is, “How do Muslim countries adapt Islamic law or sharia to a modern context?” I think Americans need to make an effort to understand something that may at first seem foreign.
This is what I’ve realized over time: Islam is a complicated religion. It is very difficult to convey some of these ideas to people who have no experience with Muslims. But I think it is important to try.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Аврам Гојић

• Hella

• Indy

• kim_philby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

uskoro ćete morati da uspavljujete svoje kerove kako se jadni muslimani ne bi uvredili :fantom:

Iranian pet lovers are in uproar after dogs were confiscated in a crackdown on 'vulgar Western culture'.

One unnamed dog owner in the Isfahan province, central Iran, said officials had shown up suddenly at his house.

Officers who claimed to be from a veterinary practice took the dog away because it needed to have 'vaccinations'.

The owner told Iran's Shahrvand newspaper: 'We were shown a piece of paper indicating they were from the municipal veterinary office.

'They came in and took away our dogs under the pretext of vaccination. Ever since our dog was taken away, you only hear the sound of crying and sobbing in our house.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3660234/Iran-cracks-vulgar-Western-dog-owners-seizing-pets-vaccination-destroying-them.html#ixzz4CfwEMIEg

srebreničke bule u fazonu čakija šija jermenija thanks beowl :fantom:

Majke Srebrenice osudile papinu izjavu o "genocidu"

21.04.2015 ~ 28.06.2016

Izjava pape Franciska I da se nad Armenima desio 'genocid' naišla je i na osudu Majki Srebrenice.

Udruženje Pokret "Majke enklava Srebrenica i Žepa", koje predstavlja porodice žrtava oko 8000 muškaraca i dječaka ubijenih od strane srpskih vojnih i paravojnih formacija u julu 1995. godine kritikovalo je zvanične izjave Svete stolice. Naime, poglavar rimokatoličke crkve je masakre u Bosni i Hercegovini nazvao "masovnim ubistvima" dok je pogibije osmanski Armena nazvao "genocidom".

Potpredsjednica Udruženja, Kada hotić, podsjetila je na februar 2007. godine i presudu Međunarodnog suda pravde, po kome su planirana ubistva u Srebrenici proglašena genocidom.

"Ja nisam nikakav ekspert niti historičar. Ja sam svjedok genocida. Postoji i sudska odluka o tome šta se desilo u Srebrenici. Da bi se nazvalo ono što se desilo Armenima genocidom - i za to treba postojati neka presuda."

Tokom mise održane 12. aprila u rimu, papa Francisco I je okarakterisao pogibije Armena u Osmanskom carstvu iz 1915. godine "prvim genocidom u XX stoljeću" što je naljutilo zvaničnu Tursku, koja nikada nije prihvatila taj termin. Zvanična Ankara je u znak protesta opozvala svog ambasadora iz Vatikana.

Papa je nastavio izjavom da su naredni genocidi bili oni koje su počinilin nacisti i Sovjetski Savez pod Staljinovim vodstvom, a zatim su došli i drugi. Masakre u Kambodži, Ruandi, Burundiju i Bosni je pak nazvao "masovnim ubistvima". Francisco I se nije osvrnuo na gubitke miliona života u Kini, za vrijeme Mao Ce Tunga.

Predsjednica Hatidža Mehmedović, koja je izgubila dvojicu sinova u srebreničkom genocidu, pozvala je papu da se "malo bolje upozna sa činjenicama".

http://www.trt.net.tr/bosanski/bosna-i-hercegovina/2015/04/21/majke-srebrenice-osudile-papinu-izjavu-o-genocidu-42764

Edited by Hella

srebreničke bule u fazonu čakija šija jermenija thanks beowl :fantom:

Hoce zene da kazu da rahmetli Slobodan Milosevic nije ratni™ zlocinac niti vrsilac genocida™ jery - ah sudbino kleta - nema sudske presude na tu temu... 

Imaju i pravo, ne?

Немачки Турци више верују у ислам него у немачке законе
Источни Немци више осећају да нису добро третирани у уједињеној Немачкој него што се тако осећају турски мигранти, истичу стручњаци
Политика 

Франкфурт, Хајделберг – Упркос томе што њима углавном омиљени председник Турске Реџеп Тајип Ердоган минулих недеља све чини да на основу немачких закона гони све оне који покушају да на било који начин наруже његов лик и дело, безмало половина Турака који живе у Немачкој мање верује у поштовање немачких закона него у ислам.

Према опсежном истраживању које је спровео Универзитет у Минстеру, од око 2,7 милиона људи турског порекла који живе у Немачкој, чак 47 одсто сматра поштовање ислама важније од поштовања државних закона, при чему је међу првом генерацијом турских досељеника у Немачку тај проценат још већи – 57 одсто.

Осим тога, чак 32 одсто немачких Турака желе да живе у земљи где се поштују закони пророка Мухамеда, а сваки пети сматра да претња коју Запад представља исламу оправдава насиље. Седам одсто испитаних Турака у Немачкој сматрају чак да је употреба насиља оправдана зарад ширења ислама.

Аутори студије „Интеграција и религија са становишта Немаца турског порекла” кажу да „нису очекивали” овакве резултате после анектирање више од 1.200 немачких грађана турског порекла. На основу одговора које су добили, истраживачи су око 13 одсто испитаника повезали са религијским фундаментализмом, али указују да и постоје велике разлике у ставовима међу првом и другом и трећом генерацијом турских досељеника, као и да су поједини резултати контрадикторни.

Примера ради, док тек нешто мање од половина испитаних из прве генерација сматра да је жени место у кући, такав став износи тек 27 одсто испитаних из треће генерације. Али, и међу другом и трећом генерацијом око 57 одсто њих каже да би „мало дете дефинитивно патило ако његова мајка има посао”.

Религија, судећи према резултатима анкете, игра веома снажну улогу у томе како Турци који живе у Немачкој виде остале људе. Око 80 одсто анкетираних има позитиван став према хришћанима, а испод 50 одсто према Јеврејима и атеистима. Осим тога, њихови ставови о религији драматично се разликују од ставова укупне немачке популације у којој су Турци најбројнија мањина. Док шест одсто испитаника на нивоу целе популације Немачке повезују ислам са људским правима, међу Немцима турског порекла то чини њих 57 одсто. Слична разлика је и када бивају упитани да ли сматрају да је ислам мирољубив – на нивоу укупне популације таквог је мишљења тек седам одсто, док је међу турском популацијом у Немачкој 65 одсто.

Међутим, ова разлика не значи да се Турци нису интегрисали у немачко друштво. Па тако чак 80 одсто њих каже да се морају поштовати немачки закони ако неко жели да се успешно интегрише, при чему 70 одсто каже да жели „апсолутно и безусловно” да се интегрише у немачко друштво. Истраживачи су при томе дошли до веома контрадикторних налаза: иако се 90 одсто њих осећа срећно или веома срећно у Немачкој, чак половина се сматра „грађанима другог реда” који никад неће бити једнаки са Немцима. Штавише, 54 одсто каже да „штагод ја урадио, никад нећу бити признат као део немачког друштва”, док се 87 одсто сматра блиско или веома блиско повезаним за немачком државом.

„Ако упоредите турске мигранте са источним Немцима, видећете да источни Немци више осећају да нису добро третирани у уједињеној Немачкој него што се тако осећају турски мигранти”, каже Детлев Полак, портпарол одсека који се на Универзитету у Минстеру бави религијом и политиком.

И док поједини социолози сматрају да су Турци у Немачкој „бомба чији сат откуцава” јер, према појединим извештајима тек сваки пети има сталан посао, немачку јавност је више забринуло редовно истраживање Универзитета у Лајпцигу, чији овогодишњи резултати указују раст исламофобије и крајње десничарских ставова међу Немцима. Према овој студији, чак 40 одсто Немаца сматра да би муслиманима требало забранити да емигрирају у Немачку, док је половина испитаника рекла да се осећају као „странци у сопственој земљи” јер има превише муслимана.

Осим тога, око 30 одсто Немаца сматра да је у Немачку „ушло превише странаца”, 11 одсто сматра да Јевреји имају превише утицаја на друштво, док 12 одсто сматра да су Немци супериорна нација у односу на друге. Сваки десети жели да његову земљу чврстом руком води фирер (вођа), али се не прецизира да ли се мисли на диктатора, Хитлера или пак на чврстог лидера, будући да се немачка реч фирер користи у значењу лидера, то јест вође.

Иако су ови резултати за многе забрињавајући и последица чињенице да је минуле године и по дана у Немачку дошло око милион и по избеглица, већином муслимана, један од аутора студије, др Оливер Декер, каже да није дошло до раста крајње десничарских ставова.

„Али, када ову упоредите са студијом од пре две године, људи који имају крајње десничарске ставове сада су спремнији на насиље како би постигли своје циљеве”, каже Декер, чији извештај тврди да је утврдио „јасну поларизацију и радикализацију” у немачком друштву. „Постоје две групе једна наспрам друге. Имамо људе који се активно ангажују да помажу избеглицама и оне људе који активно одбијају избеглице.”

Ипак, избеглице, муслимани и Турци биће очигледно тема и на предстојећим савезним парламентарним изворима, који се одржавају следеће године, па један од аутора студије, др Елмар Брелер, сматра да екстремно десничарске или популистичке десничарске странке, попут Алтернативе за Немачку, имају велики потенцијал, јер део бирачког тела са таквим ставовима досад скоро да није био представљен у Бундестагу.

Edited by slow

tja. nekada je bila jaka podela na nemce koji su bili katolici i nemce koji su bili protestanti, cak su imali i neki stogodisnji rat na tu temu, videcemo kako ce se odvijati ova podela na nemacke gradjane koji vise veruju islamu nego nemackim zakonima i nemce koji vise veruju nemackim zakonima nego bilo kojoj religiji

Meni je frapantan podatak da od 2,7 miliona građana turskog porekla 13% građana po merilima istraživača pripadaju grupi religioznih ekstremista, a to je tačno 351 hiljada kada se anketa ekstrapolira na celu populaciju. To je ogromna baza za terorističko regrutovanje.

Edited by slow

„Ако упоредите турске мигранте са источним Немцима, видећете да источни Немци више осећају да нису добро третирани у уједињеној Немачкој него што се тако осећају турски мигранти”, каже Детлев Полак, портпарол одсека који се на Универзитету у Минстеру бави религијом и политиком.

kakav li tek potencijal postoji u istocnim nemcima?  :fantom:

možda su extremni na rečima ali koliko njih je zaista spremno da se opaše explozivom i raznese sebe i nevernike

- ako odbijemo decu to je 250k, među njima ima oko 2% psihopata tj 5k no većina njih više voli sebe od alaha i obećanja o sex orgijama u raju

- dakle spremnih za velika teroristička zlodela nema više od 1000 imho

Meni je frapantan podatak da od 2,7 miliona građana turskog porekla 13% građana po merilima istraživača pripadaju grupi religioznih ekstremista, a to je tačno 351 hiljada kada se anketa ekstrapolira na celu populaciju. To je ogromna baza za terorističko regrutovanje.

veliki problem za nemacku drzavu, slutim da tih 351000 nece disciplinovano doci na zborna mesta ukoliko im se uputi poziv da dodju i ponesu samo licne stvari

možda su extremni na rečima ali koliko njih je zaista spremno da se opaše explozivom i raznese sebe i nevernike

- ako odbijemo decu to je 250k, među njima ima oko 2% psihopata tj 5k no većina njih više voli sebe od alaha i obećanja o sex orgijama u raju

- dakle spremnih za velika teroristička zlodela nema više od 1000 imho

Ne možeš da imaš samo 2% psihopata među ekstremistima, to je procenat psihopata za normalnu populaciju. Za ekstremiste je to sigurno više, sigurnih 10 do 15% psihopata na ukupan broj ekstremista. Znači 35000 potencijalnih. 

veliki problem za nemacku drzavu, slutim da tih 351000 nece disciplinovano doci na zborna mesta ukoliko im se uputi poziv da dodju i ponesu samo licne stvari

E ovo se zove zamena teza.

E ovo se zove zamena teza.

ma jok, samo se zezam, svasta od tebe, kakva zamena teze, nema veze sa time nego je to bilo na racun nemackih ekstremnih desnicara koji bi rado pribegli upucivanju takvih poziva :)

ma jok, samo se zezam, svasta od tebe, kakva zamena teze, nema veze sa time nego je to bilo na racun nemackih ekstremnih desnicara koji bi rado pribegli upucivanju takvih poziva :)

Nacisti i religiozne glavoseče su isto seme zla. Nemam iluzija da li bi ovi drugi pravili konc logore za nepodobne da imaju prilike kao i ovi prvi. Pravili bi sigurno.

Edited by slow