Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• aram

• bad music for bad people

• maheem

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RIP Chris Broderick 

We’re terribly sad to tell you that Brod passed away yesterday. Our thoughts and love go out to his family and friends, particularly his daughter Katie who will be posting a message on his personal Facebook page in the next few days. He was working right up to the end, leaving a few projects that will be announced in the coming months. So long my old china. Love ArfRobJohn x.

• Tužno 2

In 1978, this insane Super 8 movie I had made called Men in Orbit, was scheduled to be on cable TV. Nobody I knew back then could afford cable TV. So my girlfriend, Maria Duvall, hooked it up so that we could watch it at Ronnie Spector's apartment. They were good friends.
I didn't have any idea that this was going to happen but Ronnie invited a lot of people to her place and was treating this like a premiere of sorts.
I was really uncomfortable about the whole thing, partly because the movie was so nuts but mostly because this crowd looked very important and attractive and I had no business being there..
Then for some reason, Men in Orbit did not play. Cable was not so reliable back then. At first I was relieved. But then everyone turned and stared at me like this was somehow my fault, they had come all this way for nothing. What was I going to do about it?
Ronnie could see how uncomfortable I was. And immediately jumped into the middle of the room and started singing her hits.
She did absolutely not do this for the attention, she did it to distract things away from me. It was an act of kindness.
I just found out Ronnie died yesterday. So I am writing this to thank her for her act of kindness. I never got a chance to do that in person
Ronnie Spector - August 10, 1943 - January 12, 2022
May be a closeup of 1 person