IGNORED

Svastara

Lancia

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff Mangum Composes Score for Apples in Stereo Frontman Schneider's Mind-Controlled InstrumentBut will we ever get to hear it?mangum215.jpgPhoto by Will WestbrookBack in September, we reported the (literally) mind-boggling news thatApples in Stereo frontman Robert Schneider had invented a new instrument, the Teletron, that you basically play with your mind. (Or, in Schneider's own words, it's "a circuit-bent Mattel MindFlex toy that enables you to play a Moog synthesizer by varying your thoughts.") Last week, Schneider debuted an original Teletron composition written by Neutral Milk Hotel mastermind and notable recluse Jeff Mangum. (Thanks to James Hindlefor the tip.)In a statement, Schneider explained that he and noise musician Robert Beatty (Hair Police, Three Legged Race, Ulysses) performed Mangum's Teletron piece with Duke University's Dr. Marc Sommer during Dr. Sommer's neuroscience class last week. "Jeff has been generating collage art and experimental music since we were teenagers, so he was a natural composer for the Teletron," Schneider said. So, how exactly does one go about composing music for something like the Teletron? We'll let Schneider take this one over:"A Teletron score is a collage-like sequence of opposing pages, where the right page speaks to the left side of the brain, which is more logical, and the left page speaks to the right brain, the intuitive side. Two opposing images are to be understood by the reader as a single thought or statement. The images are also projected for the audience to view. The melody played by the synthesizers is completely based on the conductor's thoughts, while Robert and I adjust the Moog filters to taste, each of us playing the role of one side of the brain and reading only one side of the score. Finally, the synthesizers are sent through stereo speakers set up to feed the sounds to corresponding hemispheres of the listeners' brains."As of now, plans for a repeat performance of Mangum's score, or whether it'll ever see official release, are "TBD". Schneider will perform with his Teletron, as well as 3D visuals of the projected images, as "Robert Schneider and colleagues" at the AUX Festival, which goes down next week, May 7, in downtown Athens, Georgia.Oh, and Jeff Mangum's playing shows again. No big deal or anything.

popboks Vesti | 12:55 | 06.05.2011.Black Keys obradili Buddyja HollyjaBlack Keys su obradil pesmu Buddyja Hollyja Dearest koja će se naći na albumu Rave On Buddy Holly na kome će pored njih pesme poznatog rock muzičara u svojim aranžmanima izvesti My Mornig Jacket, Florence and The Machine, Paul McCartney, Cee Lo Green, Kid Rock, Patti Smith, She & Him, Modest Mouse, Karen Elson i drugi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNlw9PqXgZc

Misliš li da bi ostalo da sam napisala uz poneku strofu ''Ja bih ako smem da zakacim sliku grupe kojoj se vracam, i koja usput izdaje novi album'' ?Vodeći se time što kažeš, izgubio/la bi dane premeštajući i brišući.Nego, nebitna stvar, uzdravlje.

Ko je dokon, ima ovde mali kviz o Keith Richardsu, a srecni dobitnik ce biti obogacen primerkom knjige Life od istoimenog autora (i onoga koji mu je to pisao), kao i sa Exile on Main Street LP-em, oba potpisanim od strane KR. :)

Edited by Indy