IGNORED

Nick Cave

Indy

Nick Cave: 'The greatest feat of artistic honesty would be to retire'The musician, novelist and screenwriter talks about the new direction of his latest album with the Bad Seeds, Push The Sky Away (listen to it here) – and his prolific output over the past few yearshttp://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/feb/15/nick-cave-greatest-feat-artistic-honesty-retire

The deluxe edition comes with a facsimile of the notebook Cave worked out the album's lyrics in. "Some of it's dreadful and painful to read, but I just thought – what the fuck," he says, before getting the actual notebook out and offering me a brief precis of his working methods. "Pages and pages of absolute shit," he sighs, turning them over. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. And just every now and then something, little tiny ideas start to come out."Car :DLepo ja rekoh za tekstove. I rest my case :P

I’ve never done the bad record where it all goes down the toiletNick Cave on his latest album

...Wikipedia is very much a tool, but a great tool,” says Cave. “For me, as a songwriter, it’s the place to look for lovely, esoteric details. Whether they’re true or not is irrelevant to the songwriting process.“I’m not in the business of telling the truth and educating people. That’s your job! I’m just in the business of atmosphere and playing with the heart strings and so forth.“What I love about Wikipedia is the randomness of the information. It’s a kind of universal memory that’s like our own memories, an untrustworthy mechanism. I find that very exciting.”

http://www.thesun.co...-bad-album.html
RFB are proud to announce a very special live stream from the Fonda Theatre, L.A. with Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. You can see them performing live on the RFB YouTube channel on Feb 21st 2013. Subscribe to RFB for more info: http://bit.ly/11DX4NhHi allStage times are now announced:21.02.13 @ 8:45pm PST22.02.13 @ 4:45am GMT22.02.13 @ 3:45pm EDTWe're also excited to announce that we will be showing the premiere of a short film by Bad Seed's directors Iain and Jane about the making of "Push The Sky Away" providing a unique and intimate view on the making of this astonishing album. See you there.
Edited by Sludge Factory

S obzirom da nisam istinski poklonik nickcave-štine (izvinjavam se ako je izraz rogobatan i možda nekom uvredljiv) i s obzirom da mislim da ovaj album nije neki muzički masterpiece, začuđujuće mi prija. "Mermaids" i "We real cool" zasad najbolje, naročito prva.

Sjajan napis u pi$kaforku:http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17618-push-the-sky-away/

Over the past decade, Cave has shown a greater eagerness to interact with contemporary pop culture, from the Oprah shout-out on Grinderman's "Kitchenette" to the comically perverse Avril Lavigne fixation that formed a subplot in his 2009 novel, The Death of Bunny Munro. But where these namedrops have felt like humourous incongruities in Cave's fire-and-brimstone universe, Push the Sky Awaystraight-facedly acknowledges how modern phenomena like Wikipedia and Miley Cyrus hold as much sway over the populace as the Bible and Robert Johnson once did, while translating brooding ballads into text-speak and slang ("We No Who U R").

indi, ovo je wet dream!

Mark will be opening for Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds on the following dates:Sat. March 2 SIDNEY MYER MUSIC BOWL Melbourne, VIC Sun. March 3 THEBARTON THEATRE Adelaide, NSW Wed. March 6 RED HILL AUDITORIUM Perth, WA Fri. March 8 RIVERSTAGE, Brisbane, QLD Sat. March 9 ENMORE, Sydney

Jbt, overdozirao bih od ovoga! :s_w:Vi tamo down under uvek dobijate ovakve poslastice, valjda zato sto se voda u wc solji okrece u suprotnom smeru, pa da vam malo olaksaju i ulepsaju zivot :P