IGNORED

Stripovi

precog

i meni saga obecava. za sada samo prvi trade procitao. (sad se lomim dal da dalje kupujem trejdove, ili ovaj deluxe sto izlazi za par nedelja...)

i novi jason aaron, southern bastards, moze da ispadne dobar.

za brubakerov fatale mi je laknulo sto se zavrsio... ne mogu da odustanem od brubakerovog serijala, a ovaj me je bas smorio.

Southern Bastards je imao dojajan twist odmah na kraju prvog trejda, sad bukvalno nemam pojma sta ce biti dalje i to mi se prilicno dopada.

Meni je Fatale bio zadovoljavajuci, ali nekako me nije privukao da nastavim dalje od desetog broja ili tako negde. Zato se The Fade Out jako, jako fino razvija... sacekao bih s nekim konkretnijim osudama misljenjima buduci da smo jos na pocetku, ali mogao bi ovo biti njihov masterpis ^_^

Zvuci dobro, ja se palim na te alternate history price, narucio sam pa cemo videti.

edit: a posto sam u nekom strip raspolozenju odmah sam uzeo i sva tri dela Sage i nestrpljivo cekam postara.

Imas i Uber, koji je mnogo krvaviji. Postoji još jedan aktuelan serijal  koji se fokusira na avijaciju (invazija na Normandiju nije uspela, istočni front je stabilizovan na granicama Rumunije i Poljske, radnja se dešava 1946). Glavni junak je pilot Focke Wulf Triebflugel-a koji se stalno vraća iz mrtvih. Ne mogu da se setim naziva. Isti autor ima i serijal koji se bavi Velikim ratom, čitao sam epizodu gde kapetan Hitler na ogromnom cepelinu daje naređenja pilotu Hermanu Geringu da siđe do svog aviona i brani cepelin od francuskih pilota za vreme bombardovanja Pariza.  

First look: Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham's human-hating horror comic 'Nameless'

By Joshua Rivera on Nov 17, 2014 at 2:28PM

Announced at the beginning of this year, Nameless is a forthcoming six-issue miniseries by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham. Described by Morrison as his first full-on horror comic, both he and Burnham have been working very hard to find some of the most terrifying, depraved ideas ever dreamed up for the hero, Nameless, to face. Below, courtesy of Image Comics, EW has an exclusive first look at preview pages from Nameless #1.

“Nameless is the most detailed, textured line work I’ve ever drawn, and the panel arrangements are stranger and more precise than anything I’ve ever thought up,” said artist Chris Burnham. “If I’m doing my job right, it’s all wordlessly, subconsciously pointing at the themes of our series, and you’ll feel it creeping up from your guts even as it’s stabbing you in the eyes.”

Here’s how writer Grant Morrison describes the forthcoming miniseries, in his own, distinctly Morrison-esque fashion:

Nameless is my first collaboration with Chris Burnham since we wrapped up our run on Batman and it’s our first no-holds barred horror comic—a disturbing anti-human voyage to the hopeless outer limits of cosmic nihilism and cruelty, in the company of six doomed astronauts on a mission to save our planet from an approaching asteroid. Needless to say, they get far more than they bargained for.
In my superhero comics, I’ve tended to be a cheerleader for the human spirit, but Nameless gives me a rare opportunity to articulate a long-withheld sneering contempt for our miserable species, with its self-serving, sentimental, suicidal self-delusions and its greedy, willful ignorance.
Inspired by the dark side occultism of the Tunnels of Set, by pessimist philosophers like Thomas Ligotti and Ray Brassier, and by our culture’s unstoppable, almost erotic, obsession with its own destruction, Nameless is a light-hearted romp through the sunlit meadows of a baby unicorn’s daydreams!

Not. 

Nameless-01.jpg

Nameless-02.jpg

Nameless-03.jpg

Frank Quitely and Grant Morrison talk about reuniting for 'Multiversity: Pax Americana'
By Joshua Rivera on Nov 17, 2014 at 2:09PM

here are a number of reasons why The Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 is one of the most interesting comics coming out this week. First and most obvious—it’s more Multiversity (the fourth installment, for those keeping score.) But it also marks the latest collaboration between writer Grant Morrison and artist Frank Quitely, a pairing that consistently puts out career-defining work. Also of interest is Pax Americana‘s setting—Earth-4, home to the characters DC acquired from Charlton Comics, which were the inspiration for the cast of characters used by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons in Watchmen.

Interested? Below, see some stunning exclusive preview pages and read a Q&A with Morrison and Quitely.

EW: Grant, one of the great things about the series is the strong thematic core at the heart of each universe on display. If we could say that Earth-Me [the setting of the previous issue, The Multiversity: The Just # 1] was about legacy and celebrity, what’s Pax Americana about?

GRANT MORRISON: I suppose it’s about America and specifically about America’s self-image as the world’s policeman. It tries to make a mind-devouring narrative Mobius strip out of the complicated, contradictory idea of using violence to enforce “peace.”

On a narrower wavelength, it might also cast a jaded eye on how lessons learned from the leftist, deconstructionist “realistic” superhero stories of the 1980s were assimilated and re-tooled to create post-9/11 Marvel Studios-style “realistic” super-soldiers and champions of the Military/Industrial complex.

Otherwise, it tells the Twilight Zone-ish story of a man’s life in a series of backward jumps through time—from his assassination as U.S. President on the first page to the traumatic boyhood event on the last page that explains everything we’ve just read in the 38 pages in between. It’s set on Earth-4 of the Multiverse of alternate worlds and it’s a kind of political-philosophical-thriller thing featuring the superheroes DC acquired from Charlton Comics back in 1983. The Charlton originals helped inspire the protagonists of “Watchmen,” of course, so we thought it would serve symmetry to put Captain Atom, the Blue Beetle, Nightshade, and the Question into a highly formal, “Watchmen”-style deconstructionist murder mystery story they can call their own!

This is also easily one of the most anticipated issues of The Multiversity because it reunites you with Frank Quitely. What about Frank’s work makes him ideally suited for this story?

MORRISON: I had very specific quasi-mathematical ideas for layouts and page structure based on a repeated 8-panel grid and something about octaves in music. I had to be able to work very closely with my artist on account of the complexity of the storytelling in this particular issue along with the necessity of making sure the story was clear to follow in spite of its intricate nature. Frank and I live near one another, we’re good friends and I see him a lot more socially than any of the other artists I like to work with but who live in distant lands or cities; it’s easier to work out some of the hardcore technical stuff when you’re in the same room together.

I knew that only he could create exactly the effects I saw in my head. This one needed his absolute clarity and precision. The way the figures move across the page is almost like animation and no-one draws figures moving through space like Frank does. His understanding of sequential visual storytelling is unequalled. In terms of artistic inovation, I think Pax is up there with We3 while working with a completely different set of rules.

Frank, what’s your approach like to this particular world and cast of characters? What about the Charlton characters appeal to you in this context?

FRANK QUITELY: To be honest, it wasn’t this particular world or cast of characters that appealed to me, it was working with Grant again, and in particular, the way that he pitched it to me—this marks another new way that Grant and I have worked together.
This is the first time he’s given me simple thumbnail layouts for most of the pages, which was really helpful to me some of the time, but more challenging at some other points. It’s been a fascinating and rewarding project to have been involved in, and we’ve produced something very different from all our previous collaborations.

Below, see a sneak peek of The Multiversity: Pax Americana #1, which is on sale this Wednesday.

MULTIVPAX_1_4.jpg

MULTIVPAX_1_5.jpg

MULTIVPAX_1_6.jpg

MULTIVPAX_1_8.jpg

Edited by Sludge Factory

Procitao sam sva tri dela Sage. Pocetno odusevljenje prvim delom je dosta splasnulo u drugom delu, treci onako.

Likovi dosta stagniraju, novi su neubedljivi i bledi (npr. Gvendolin  :puke:).

Imam osecaj da su uleteli u modus mi smo ovde samo zbog para.

Ako ne zavrse pricu u cetvrtom delu (a nece), verovatno ce i biti tako.

Interesantan univerzum, ali imam osecaj da nemaju pojma sta hoce dalje sa pricom.

I pored toga, preporuka za citanje u svakom slucaju.

To ti je BKV, zabljesti te super premisom u tih prvih nekoliko brojeva, ali sami stripovi uvek ostaju nedoreceni. Taj utisak da nemaju pojma gde ce s pricom je zato sto kraj verovatno nisu ni isplanirali, kazu da ce raditi strip dok god se prodaje, a to je vazda bio recept za propast...

Citajte Grahamovog Propheta ako niste, to je pravi trenutni kralj SFa u stripovima.

Taj Multiversity, je li odatle ona poslednja slika što si gore okačio? Onaj nekakav pokušaj Reebuck patike u odnosu na Watchmen? :D

Ako je i od Morrisona, mnogo je...

Taj Multiversity, je li odatle ona poslednja slika što si gore okačio? Onaj nekakav pokušaj Reebuck patike u odnosu na Watchmen? :D

Ako je i od Morrisona, mnogo je...

Jeste. Ova epizoda je radjena sa Charlton comics likovima, koje je Moore prvobitno koristio u Watchmenima, dok mu ih DC nije oduzeo, pa je morao da kreira nove likove, nalik Charltonovim. 

Naravno, ovo je otvoreno najavljivano kao Watchmen-style epizoda. Reference na taj strip, koriscenje narativnih tehnika koje je Moore koristio i cak otvoreni citati su i bili ideja ovog broja Multiversity serijala. Ali, kakve su bravure Morrison i Quitely pravili ovde, na malom prostoru da tako kazem, stvarno sam odusevljen. 

A kao slag na tortu svega toga mu dodje taj poznati Moore-Morrison odnos :D ako matorom ovo neko pokaze, para ce mu na usi izlaziti. Ponovo.

Procitao sam Ministry of Space -- preporucujem!

Skoro dokumentarni prikaz alternativne istorije leta u svemir, must read za sve koji vole The Right Stuff.

I mislim da je duzina sasvim ok, da je razvukao pricu verovatno ne bi ostavila tako dobar utisak.

Vizuelno: raketni avioni i svemirski brodovi... sta ce coveku vise u stripu :)

Hvala na preporuci vlado!