IGNORED

LGBTQIA+ u Srbiji i svetu

Lrd

irci carevi

Vote counting has begun after a historic referendum in the Republic of Ireland on whether to legalise same-sex marriage.

More than 3.2m people were asked whether they wanted to amend the country's constitution to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry.

Counting started at 09:00 BST on Saturday morning - early indications are that the measure will pass.

An "unusually high" turnout was reported on Friday.

Conceded

If the change is approved, the Republic of Ireland would become the first country to legalise same-sex marriage through a popular vote.

Minister for Equality Aodhan O Riordain said on Twitter: "I'm calling it. Key boxes opened. It's a yes. And a landslide across Dublin. And I'm so proud to be Irish today."

Minister for Health Leo Varadkar, who earlier this year came out as the Republic of Ireland's first openly gay minister, said the campaign had been "almost like a social revolution".

Speaking from the Dublin count, he told Irish broadcaster RTE that it appeared about 75% of votes being counted there were in favour of legalising same-sex marriage.

Some prominent "no" campaigners have already conceded defeat.

David Quinn of the Iona Institute, a Catholic group, said it was "obviously a very impressive victory for the 'yes' side".

"Obviously there's a certain amount of disappointment, but I'm philosophical about the outcome," he told RTE.

"It was always going to be an uphill battle - there were far fewer organisations on the 'no' side, while all the major political parties were lined up on the 'yes' side and you had major corporations coming out for the first time to say how we should vote on a particular issue."

:ziga:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FERNOUX H

• Hella

• ToniAdams

• Аврам Гојић

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/opinion/frank-bruni-on-same-sex-marriage-catholics-are-leading-the-way.html

Take a look at this list of countries: Belgium, Canada, Spain, Argentina, Portugal, Brazil, France, Uruguay, Luxembourg and Ireland. Name two things that they have in common.

In all of them, the Roman Catholic Church has more adherents, at least nominally, than any other religious denomination does. And all of them belong to the vanguard of 20 nations that have decided to make same-sex marriage legal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jebeni turci, nisam znala da su takvi majmuni

REUTERS - Turkish police fired water cannon and rubber pellets to disperse a crowd gathered in central Istanbul on Sunday for the city's annual gay pride parade.

It was not immediately clear why the police stopped the marchers gathering. The parade has been held in Istanbul in previous years, leading some to dub it the largest gay pride event in the Muslim world.

However, this year the timing of the parade coincides with the holy month of Ramadan, something that could cause conservative Muslims to bristle.

Turkey's Dogan news agency reported that police told crowds to disperse soon after they began assembling, telling them they would not be allowed to march.

The police appeared intent on stopping the crowd gathering near Taksim Square, the cameraman said. Taksim is a traditional rallying ground for demonstrators and saw weeks of unrest in 2013.

While homosexuality is not a crime in Turkey, unlike other Muslim countries, homophobia remains widespread.

jebem im mater

:lol: http://www.nytimes.com/live/gay-pride-parade-updates/

CInpKPkWwAAd0EU.jpg

CInpKPlWEAATGLU.jpg

Some of the most curious costumes worn along the parade route belonged to protesters. Behind a barricade, a group of men wore the fringed Jewish prayer garment known as the tzitzit and held up anti-gay signs bearing the logo of a group calling itself the Jewish Political Action Committee.

“Judaism prohibits homosexuality,” one sign read. But the men were not Jewish. They were Mexican laborers, protesting because they were paid to protest, said one of the men, who would not give his name.

“The rabbis said that the yeshiva boys shouldn’t come out for this because of what they would see at the parade,” Mr. Freed said.

Edited by Gandalf
  • 2 weeks later...

10995668_872269049495667_211645921945247

aaa jbt :lol:  :isuse:  :cry:

1797436_10206905620224017_19910821038985

Немања Мандић #ljuckaPravaPreSvega
July 8 at 8:01pm

Je l' bi umeo sam, svojim rečima da objasniš poentu kačenja ovog tvita i komentara dole? Šta oni hoće da ismeju i šta tebe tu oduševljava?

Naravno.

Tijanin zakon je ovom libosu glup zato što ima opštu podršku i ne bori se za politička ljudska prava. (Iako između tog zakona i gej brakova nema nikakve veze) Izabrao je namerno ovaj zakon zato što ga svi podržavaju i toga što je u pitanju prilično kontroverzna tema (pa je ovo kao neki prkos sad). Drugim rečima, odabrao je baš taj zakon jer je za njega to kao neka Sonja Liht (za libose boring), a zakon o gej brakovima bi mu bio Sonja Biserko.

edit: a post je sa stranice Anti Ateisti Srbije (koja je inače ekstra!!) i ismejava debilizam tviteraša

Edited by FERNOUX H