IGNORED

Astronomija - opšta tema

Jolly Roger

"We're confident this only happened once in the oceans of the primordial earth. Life here did squeeze through."

kako? odakle?

They said if  alien life existed on exoplanets, it might be possible to detect traces of water, oxygen and chlorophyll. 

zasto?

Ajde, bre, mamlaze, trazis svojih 5 minuta slave? Sibe...

@ProfBrianCox odlucio... a i ja.

We are alone in the universe

Ne bih rek'o ni da smo gospodari nasih toaleta... ali, tako ispada. Jadni svemir.

Brian Cox ‏@ProfBrianCox·  Oct 28

Ah Daily Mail: subtle differences between Civilisations (rare?) Life (common?) Universe (infinite?) Galaxy (finite)

Brian Cox @ProfBrianCox  ·  Oct 28

FOR THE LAST TIME: I think life is common in universe. We MAY be only civilisation in Milky Way. There WILL be other civilisations in universe. #shutupnow

Ma situacija sa novinarstvom tj. "novinarstvom" je ista svuda u svetu - senzacionalistički tekstovi se prenose bez upotrebe mozga, ne daj bože da bi neko proverio nešto ili razmislio o tome što prenosi...

Gle:

DMail:

The biological process which lead to intelligent life on earth was a fluke that is unlikely to have been repeated anywhere else in the universe.

SMHerald:

The process which led to the creation of humankind on earth was a fluke - and it is highly unlikely it has been repeated anywhere else in the galaxy.

(na kraju teksta se, pak SMH izvinjava što im se u prvoj verziji teksta provuklo "universe" umesto "galaxy":

Correction: An earlier version of the story used the word 'universe' instead of 'galaxy' when referring to Professor Cox's views.)

DMail:

The presenter and scientist blames a series of 'evolutionary bottlenecks' for the lack of extraterrestrial life on other planets, despite there being a mind-bogglingly vast number of them in the galaxy.

SMHerald:

The presenter and scientist, who also appeared on the ABC's Q&A program last week, blamed a series of "evolutionary bottlenecks" as the main reason no extraterrestrial life has been discovered.

DMail:

'There is only one advanced technological civilisation in this galaxy and there has only ever been one - and that's us. We are unique.

SMHerald:

"There is only one advanced technological civilisation in this galaxy and there has only ever been one - and that's us," Professor Cox said. "We are unique.

DMail:

Professor Cox's views are in stark contrast to those of astrophysicists Dr Timothy Brandt and Dr David Spiege of Princeton University, who last month made the claim that our best chance of finding aliens, if they exist at all, lies in the examination of plant life on planets outside our solar system, known as exoplanets.

SMHerald:

Professor Cox's views are in stark contrast to those of astrophysicists Dr Timothy Brandt and Dr David Spiege of Princeton University, who last month made the claim that our best chance of finding aliens, if they exist at all, lies in the examination of plant life on planets outside our solar system, known as exoplanets.

I tako dalje...

Dakle, suštinski je nebitno odakle prenosiš, jer je situacija ista across continents: niđe blama, ljudi se bez problema potpisuju ispod maznutih tekstova, ako promene redosled reči u rečenici - baš su se potrudili...

Cak se i mi setkamo okolo i odaslali smo raznorazne sonde (gde je sada Pionir 10, odavno van suncevog sistema). Ako postoje (brojne?) inteligentne vrste, valjda bismo dosad natrapali na neke od njih, ili neke emisije radio talasa koje ih razotkrivaju. Osim ako cinici nisu u pravu, koji kazu da ih nismo sreli dosad upravo zato sto su inteligentne vrste, pa se trude da ih ne vidimo. :D

Cak se i mi setkamo okolo i odaslali smo raznorazne sonde (gde je sada Pionir 10, odavno van suncevog sistema). Ako postoje (brojne?) inteligentne vrste, valjda bismo dosad natrapali na neke od njih, ili neke emisije radio talasa koje ih razotkrivaju. Osim ako cinici nisu u pravu, koji kazu da ih nismo sreli dosad upravo zato sto su inteligentne vrste, pa se trude da ih ne vidimo. :D

Netačno. :) Pionir 10 je još uvek u sunčevom sistemu, a trenutna udaljenost se procenjuje na 111-112 AU, dok je Heliopauza na oko 120-121 AU, znači još nekih 4 do 5 godina mu je ostalo. Long story short, nismo još izašli ni iz sopstvenog dvorišta.