IGNORED

Svet

Кристофер Лумумбо

Da bi stvari bile donekle jasnije: brod je bio pod punim nadzorom duze od 15 sati, sa sve slikanjem, da bi se oko 2300 prevrnuo i potonuo za 15-ak minuta....

Edited by namenski

Samo muškarci preživeli, na brodu izgleda bilo 100 dece. Devet švercera ljudima uhapšeno, kapetan se navodno utopio.

Doctors at Kalamata general hospital told Greek media and the BBC that survivors said as many 100 children had been in the bottom of the ship.

It has not been possible to verify the figure, though asked by a reporter from Greece’s ANT1 channel if there were 100 children onboard, one survivor replied: “Yes.”

On Thursday night it was announced that Greek authorities had arrested nine suspected people-smugglers believed to have piloted the vessel before it sank off the southern Peloponnese.

Skai TV reported that the nine – all men – were of Egyptian descent and were suspected of masterminding the illegal voyage of hundreds of people to Italy from Egypt, from where they had set out with the trawler.

“They are in custody and will appear before a local magistrate,” Nikos Alexiou, the Hellenic coastguard spokesperson, told the Guardian. “They are being held by the coastguard in Kalamata.”

A public prosecutor is likely to press several charges against the group including that of mass murder. Local media reports said the ship’s captain was not among them and had died when the vessel went down. (...)
All 104 survivors were men aged between 16 and 40, authorities said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/15/greece-refugee-shipwreck-rescuers-scour-sea-for-survivors

Edited by vememah
  • Tužno 2

Hronologija 1:

Spoiler

I authorize journalists who are contacting me in these hours to use this statement to document part of the dynamics of the events that occurred yesterday. 
On June 13, 2023, in the early morning hours, migrants aboard a boat loaded with 750 people contacted me telling me of their plight. After five days of travel, the water had run out, the driver of the boat had abandoned them in the open sea, and there were also six dead bodies on board. The migrants did not know exactly where they were, but thanks to the instant location of the Turaya phone, I was able to get their exact location and alerted the relevant authorities.
However, the situation became complicated when a boat approached the boat, tying it with ropes on two points of the boat and starting to throw water bottles. The migrants felt that they were in great danger, as they feared that the ropes might cause the boat to capsize and that fights on board to get water might cause them to sink. For this reason, they moved slightly away from the ship to avoid a certain shipwreck.
During the night, the situation on board the boat became even more dramatic: the migrants were confused and did not understand whether that was a rescue operation or a way to put their lives even more in danger. I stayed in contact with them until 11:00 p.m. Greek time, trying to reassure them and help them find a solution. All the while they were asking me what they should do, and I kept saying that Greek help would come. In this last call, the man I was talking to specifically told me, "I feel like this will be our last night alive." When the migrants slightly pulled away from the boat, there was no intention to continue the journey to Italy, because they would not know how to navigate their way to Italian waters, as the real driver of the boat was missing and they kept asking what to do. They absolutely needed help in the waters where they were, and if they had expressed to me that they wanted to continue the journey to Italy I would have obviously sent an update to Malta, Greece, and Italy, but the migrants never said any such thing. 
Is it ever possible that the migrants' escape from the state of danger they were in was interpreted by the Greek authorities as escape from rescue? These are questions that I cannot answer, but I can testify that these people have always asked to be rescued from any country.
This is the last exact location sent from the Turaya phone and communicated to Malta, Greece and Italy

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ 
3:10 p.m. Greek time location. 
Lat N 036 Deg 008'059.660" Lon E 021 Deg 002'009.749"  
Throughout the afternoon and until 11:00 p.m. I did nothing but reassure the people calling from the boat, explaining to them that the relevant authorities had the position of the boat for many hours and that surely help would arrive. The only thing they had to do was to manage the state of panic on board.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02pSpt6bwcc5mfRDs6QJ3PyXxTeMXbSFveKDAFr5JA1nQBx8GnsBigAeng95SqkbVpl&id=100010425011901&__cft__[0]=AZVsLFH8O7OZhUNLeJKqLBnWeETJt-IfRRBVWx_2iQvQ6cjnuZneLW_lFGJJ8kcRtumOrQRfYJ7_soP-ABFwfFGikN1lpFcQSQ2TRWxTQg1yTOKmq8g92i8NVwxZ-X4nLXI3cDQkw1QtzJk15cYUaPFK&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R (prevod: Deepl)

Hronologija 2:

Spoiler

ALARM PHONE TIMELINE OF THE DISTRESS CASE – 13/14 JUNE 2023

In the morning of 13 June, from 9:35h CEST, the Twitter user Nawal Soufi alerts about a large boat in distress, carrying, according to them, 750 people. Over the following hours, Nawal Soufi adds further information, including the GPS position of the boat in distress and that authorities in Italy, Greece, and Malta have been alerted.

14:17 CEST: Alarm Phone receives the first call from the boat in distress. It is difficult to communicate with the distressed. They say that they cannot survive the night, that they are in heavy distress. Alarm Phone tries to receive their current GPS coordinates in order to be able to alert authorities – but the call cuts. We try to reconnect with them.

14:30 CEST: The distressed call again, telling Alarm Phone that they would send their location. However, they do not.

15:52 CEST: The distressed called Alarm Phone twice but it was impossible to understand them.

16:04 CEST: We speak to the distressed again. They say that they would send their GPS position.

16:13 CEST: We receive the position from the people in distress: N 36 15, E 21 02. We try to gather further information but we cannot reconnect with them.

16:53 CEST: We alert the Greek authorities per email as well as other actors, including Frontex and UNHCR Greece.

TGz2PSx.png

The Email from Alarm Phone to the authorities and other actors

Z9ctPau.png

The email response from Frontex to the Alarm Phone

17:13 CEST: We reestablish contact to the people in distress. We hear “hello, hello”, then the call drops. We try to reconnect, which is not possible.

17:14 CEST: We receive a call from the boat in distress but cannot hear anything.

17:20 CEST: We speak to the distressed and they report that the boat is not moving. They say: “The captain left on a small boat. Please, any solution.” They say they need food and water.

17:34 CEST: We receive another call from the boat in distress and their updated position: N 36 18, E 21 04 – very close to the previous position. They say that the boat is overcrowded and that the boat is moving from side to side.

18:00 CEST: We call the company of the merchant vessel “Lucky Sailor”, informing them about the boat in distress. They say that they only act under the authority of the Greek coastguards.

Over the following hours, Alarm Phone tries to re-establish contact to the distressed but either calls are not connected or it is impossible to understand one another.

20:05 CEST: Alarm Phone is informed by the distressed that they received water from the merchant vessel Lucky Sailor and that they have been in contact with the “police”. Alarm Phone also notices that a second merchant vessel, the “Faithful Warrior”, is close to the distressed.

Over the following hours, Alarm Phone tries to reestablish contact to the distressed but either calls are not connected or it is impossible to understand one another.

00:46 CEST on 14/06/2023: Last contact to the boat in distress. All we hear is: “Hello my friend. …. The ship you send is …”. The call cuts.

https://alarmphone.org/en/2023/06/14/europes-shield/

Edited by vememah

@vememah nista licno, zaista, ali mi nije jasno sta ce ova vest na topiku Svet, obaska sto je malcice neukusno sto se potrefilo da bude ispod vesti stotinama podavljenih onomad tamo negde oko Grcke.

Reda je vaznosti negde na Plovilima, otprilike kao njih nekolicina pokusali jedrilicom da preplove Severni Atlantik, nestali, taj rad...

Nisu popularna poredjenja te vrste jer ce uvek neko da saceka sa primedbom ljudi, zrtve, itd, itd..., tek sa 1% sredstava i para koje se ulazu u traganje i eventualno spasavanje, broj novinskih i ostalih naslova da ne pominjem, pogotovo ne da uporedjujem...

I - ne pricam o migrantima: onog trenutka kada je brod zatrazio pomoc, vise nije bilo reci o migrantima, nego o brodu i ljudima u nevolji, nuzdi i podrazumevanju pridrzavanja jednog drevnog obicaja - priskociti u pomoc, svi, i strukatm i prolaznici...

Migranti pod #2, to bi doslo na red da su poziveli i dokopali se obale: sve da ih posle toga streljaju, ostaje sustina, ovo o cemu pricam.

Ovako, zaigrali se biznismeni, OceanGate Expeditions, cini mi se da im je sajt trenutno ugasen, hteli da se elonmaskujutm pod vodom, da za par stotina hiljada US$ voze turiste u razgledanje olupine Titanic-a...

Zabole me, ili sto bi reko Toni - los sam covek, sta cu...

@Mel jel' bas toliko uzasno, uzasnije od par postova iznad?

Edit: kao prilog raspravama :isuse: o razaranju gasovoda NS - ilustracija o kom stepenu slozenosti opreme, strucnosti i specijalizacije se radi da bi se cca 500 kg eksploziva dostavilo na tacno odredjeno mesto i potom obavilo sta se htelo, obaska price o iznajmljenim jahtama...

Edited by namenski
  • +1 2
  • Hvala 2
2 hours ago, desboj said:

Koje tačno?

Mislila sam na one stotine mrtvih sto su ih Grci pustili da potonu da ne bi morali da ih voze na svoju obalu. Nemaju savesti...