IGNORED

Amerika, zemlja velika

Кристофер Лумумбо

A) ovo je def. Offtopic

B) izgleda ko zmaj

C) htela to ili ne istrolovala je i takmičenja za mis, i tviter morone koji sad lome mozak oko toga o brinu se kud to ide (@nizdr - da ne bude zabune tebe kapiram kao nekog ko prenosi vest, ne kao morona kom je ovo istopilo um). Dakle, jedna ozbiljna carica.

• Hvala 1
17 hours ago, namenski said:

Odavno se шушка, a sada je i potvrdjeno u dijalogutm Naval Sea Systems Command i Congressional Budget Office: od 2013. je na najnovijim podmoricama klase Virginia od 2013. godine zabelezeno preko 1,600 otkaza vitalnih delova i/ili sklopova, do te mere da je najmanje jedna od 20-ak do sada isporucenih podmornica morala da bude kanibalizovana ne bi li se takozvana operativnost koliko-toliko odrzala na nivou.

Ključ je u Congressional Budget Office - kad se kuka za pare onda se sve raspada, Rusi i Kinezi ih pokoriše u sledećoj petoljetci. A čim se zamakne iza ugla stav je da su pijani Rusi već dugo na silaznoj putanji, a Kinezi ništa više od proizvođača jeftinih plastičnih kopija.

Samo u americi dobijes 10godina za tax fraud a za silovanje, zlostavljanje, ucene, sex trafficking 3godine (allison mack) 

A cosby će izgleda napolje posle dve godine zatvora. Kako je krenulo i weinstana ce pustiti uskoro. 

Btw, republikanci su according to psaki krivi za defund the police pa tako sad zbog republikanaca imamo porast kriminala.. Top 5:

9 hours ago, laser lotus said:

Ključ je u Congressional Budget Office - kad se kuka za pare onda se sve raspada, Rusi i Kinezi ih pokoriše u sledećoj petoljetci. A čim se zamakne iza ugla stav je da su pijani Rusi već dugo na silaznoj putanji, a Kinezi ništa više od proizvođača jeftinih plastičnih kopija.

Ima i toga, ali se taj obrazac ipak menja: Amerika je, svidjalo se to nekome ili ne - u poprilicnoj krizi, kurblanju.

A pre nego sto se u bilo kakvoj prici o vojsci izgovori i V treba imati na umu jedno: vojska je, svaka i bez izuzetka, uvek i svuda - ogledalo, odraz drzave kojoj pripada.

Mada po nekad zna da bude i obrnuto, mislim na pripadnost.

Cinjenica je da je - govoreci samo o mornarici i SAD - zadnjih par godina zabelezeno nekoliko ekstremno sa elementarne, nauticke, strane stvari neuobicajenihtm incidenata koji ozbiljno ukazuju da nesto ipak nije u redu, da u najmanju ruku strucna sprema i organizacija nisu bas...

Kao sto se u obrazac koji opisujes ne uklapa priznanje o kanibalizaciji aktivnog plovila, delatnosti koja je do sada bila rezervisana iskljucivo za ruske pokusaje da odrze u zivotu ostatke klinicki mrtve sovjetske vojne tehnologije, i to u seriji plovila koja nije dobacila jos ni do polovine planiranog broja.

Sve u svemu - nesto ipak ne valja.

I sa ove i sa one strane ugla, o kljucu i da ne govorimo.

Well, there is one known unknown less: umreo i evil genius Rumsfeld.

Pored politickog "doprinosa", izemdju ostalog radio je i za Monsanto, odnosno kompaniju koja je pravila NutraSweet (saharin). Imao sam u skoli jedan case study bas oko NutraSweet i njegove uloge dok je bio tamo.

Donald Rumsfeld, the former defense secretary who led the US into the Iraq war, has died. He was 88.

Rumsfeld’s family said he died surrounded by his family in Taos, New Mexico in a statement on Wednesday.

Umro u miru, okruzen porodicom... za razliku od vise od milion nesrecnika koji su njegovim djelovanjem i uticajem, umrli nasilnom smrcu i prije vremena.

Gorio u paklu. 

3 hours ago, Peter Fan said:

Well, there is one known unknown less: umreo i evil genius Rumsfeld.

Pored politickog "doprinosa", izemdju ostalog radio je i za Monsanto, odnosno kompaniju koja je pravila NutraSweet (saharin). Imao sam u skoli jedan case study bas oko NutraSweet i njegove uloge dok je bio tamo.

To mu je verovatno najveća prevara koju je u životu izveo - povlačenje zabrane aspartama. Kasnije je umeo i da u ime države kupuje lekove od firme u kojoj je pre nego što je postao ministar odbrane bio predsednik upravnog odbora, i gledao kako mu vrednost deonica raste usled te kupovine. Malo detalja o povlačenju zabrane aspartama u članku iz 2005.:

Safety of artificial sweetener called into question by MP

In 1977 Donald Rumsfeld, now George Bush's defence secretary but then chief executive of the pharmaceutical company GD Searle, publicly stated that he would "call in his markers" to win a licence for aspartame, the sweetener that had been discovered by chance in Searle's laboratories, according to Roger Williams in the Commons yesterday.

On the day of his inauguration as president in 1981, with Mr Rumsfeld on his transition team, Ronald Reagan personally wrote an executive order suspending the head of the US Food and Drug Administration's powers on aspartame, Mr Williams further claimed. One month later Mr Reagan appointed a new head of the regulatory authority, Arthur Hayes, who granted a licence for the sweetener.

SaE

3 hours ago, catfish said:

Umro u miru, okruzen porodicom... za razliku od vise od milion nesrecnika koji su njegovim djelovanjem i uticajem, umrli nasilnom smrcu i prije vremena.

Taj milion je malo u odnosu na posledice konzumiranja aspartama, s obzirom na glavnu ulogu u omogućavanju proizvodnje:

HISTORY OF ASPARTAME

1977 OUR POLITICAL PROCESS AT WORK:

Donald Rumsfeld, who was a former member of the U.S. Congress and the Chief of Staff in the Gerald Ford Administration, was hired as G.D. Searle's President. Attorney James Turner, Esq. alleged that G.D. Searle hired Rumsfeld to handle the aspartame approval difficulties as a "legal problem rather than a scientific problem." (US Senate 1987).

Rumsfeld hired: John Robson as Executive Vice President. He was a former lawyer with Sidley and Austin, Searle's Law Firm and also served as chairman of the Civil Aeronautics Board, which was then connect to the Department of Transportation.

Robert Shapiro as General Counsel. He is now head of Searle's NutraSweet Division. He had been Robson's Special Assistant at the Department of Transportation.

William Greener, Jr., as Chief Spokesman. He was a former spokesman in the [Gerald] Ford White House.

Donald Rumsfeld is now on the Board of Directors of the Chicago Tribune which recently wrote a glowing article about the NutraSweet Company.

On January 10, 1977, FDA Chief Counsel Richard Merrill recommended to U.S. Attorney Sam Skinner in a 33-page letter detailing violations of the law that a grand jury be set up to investigate G.D. Searle. In the letter, Merrill stated:

"We request that your office convene a Grand Jury investigation into apparent violations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S..C. 331(e), and the False Reports to the Government Act, 18 U.S.C. 1001, by G.D. Searle and Company and three of its responsible officers for their willful and knowing failure to make reports to the Food and Drug Administration required by the Act, 21 U.S.C. 355(i), and for concealing material facts and making false statements in reports of animal studies conducted to establish the safety of the drug Aldactone and the food additive Aspartame."

On January 21, 1981, the day after Ronald Reagan takes office as U.S. President, G.D. Searle reapplied for the approval of aspartame. G.D. Searle submits several new studies along with their application. It was believed that Reagan would certainly replace Jere Goyan, the FDA Commissioner.

G.D. Searle president, Donald Rumsfeld's connections to the Republican party were also thought to play a part in Searle's decision to reapply for aspartame's approval on the day after Ronald Reagan was inaugurated (Gordon 1987, page 499 of US Senate 1987).

According to a former G.D. Searle salesperson, Patty Wood- Allott, G.D. Searle president, Donald Rumsfeld told his sales force that, if necessary, "he would call in all his markers and that no matter what, he would see to it that aspartame would be approved that year." (Gordon 1987, page 499 of US Senate 1987)

Robert Dormer, a lawyer for the NutraSweet Co., said there was nothing special about the Jan. 21 date or the papers filed that day.

But with Reagan's election, it was virtually assured that a republican-appointed commissioner would replace Goyan and decide the appeal- and Searle had strong GOP connections with Rumsfeld at the helm.

Goyan had set up a five-member "commissioner's team" of scientists with no prior involvement in the issue to review the board's ruling.

In April 1981, Arthur Hull Hayes, Jr. was appointed FDA Commissioner by Ronald Reagan (Graves 1984, page S5502 of Congressional Record 1985a).

On May 18, 1981, three of the scientists in the 5-member panel sent a letter to the panel lawyer, Joseph Levitt discussing their concerns about aspartame.

Those three scientists were Satva Dubey (FDA Chief of Statistical Evaluation Branch), Douglas Park (Staff Science Advisor), and Robert Condon (Veterinary Medicine). Dubey thought that the brain tumor data was so "worrisome" in one study that he could not recommend approval of aspartame (Gordon 1987, page 495 of US Senate 1987).

In another study, Dubey said that key data appeared to have been altered Gordon 1987, page 499 of US Senate 1987).

In his UPI Investigation, Gregory Gordon went on to describe the unusual events that followed (Gordon 1987, page 499 of US Senate 1987):

"[Douglas] Park said that panel lawyer Joseph Levitt hurried the panel to decide the issue. 'They wanted to have the results yesterday,' he said. 'We really didn't have the time to do the in- depth review we wanted to do.'

"Park said Levitt met frequently with Hayes and 'was obviously getting the pressure to get a resolution and a decision made.'

"With three of five scientists on the commissioner's team opposing approval, it was decided to bring in a toxicologist for his opinion on isolated issues [Barry N. Rosloff]. Goyan said if the decision were his, he never would have enlarged the team.

While the panel did not vote, it ended up split 3-3.

"Levitt, who normally would have been expected to draft an options paper spelling out scientific evidence on key issues, took an unusual tack. He circulated an approval recommendation and only backed off when Dubey, Park, and Condon objected, team members said. Levitt said he was not directed to draft the approval memo, but did so as a 'tactical' step to break the team's weeks-long impasse by forcing each scientist to state his views. 'It worked, didn't it?' said Levitt, who later was promoted to a post as an executive assistant to the FDA Commissioner."

On July 18, 1981 aspartame was approved for use dry foods by FDA Commissioner Arthur Hull Hayes, Jr. overruling the Public Board of Inquiry and ignoring the law, Section 409(c)(3) of the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 348), which says that a food additive should not be approved if tests are inconclusive.

In an article in Common Cause Magazine, Florence Graves states that two FDA officials said that Arthur Hull Hayes, Jr. wanted to push aspartame approval through in order to signal reforms of the Reagan Administration.

One team member said that during discussions, Hayes, appeared to be abandoning the agency's traditional standard of "reasonable" proof of safety and looking for "proof of hazard."

Hayes' July 1981 approval decision came in the face of a Searle threat to file a suit challenging the regulatory delays.

His ruling relied in part on a late rat study of brain tumors submitted by Ajinmoto, a Japanese company that manufactures aspartame for Searle. That study, however, tested Wistar rats, a strain that some scientists said is more tumor resistant than the Sprague-Dawley rats used in earlier research.

In his decision, Hayes wrote: "Few compounds have withstood such detailed testing and the repeated close scrutiny and the process through which aspartame has gone should provide the public with confidence of its safety."

Between 1979 and 1982, four more FDA officials who participated in the approval process took jobs linked to the NutraSweet industry: Stuart Pape was the Health and Human Services (HHS) Chief Counsel for Foods; acting FDA commissioner Sherwin Gardner;

Albert Kolbye, who was associate director of the Bureau of Foods for toxicology, and Mike Taylor, an FDA lawyer who represented the bureau before the Board of Inquiry. All four denied any conflict of interest. (Mike Taylor: Deminimus Legislation):

1. Mike Taylor was an FDA lawyer who represented the FDA Bureau of Foods at the PBOI and was part of the team that prevented the quality and validity of G.D. Searle's studies from being considered.

2. Sherwin Gardner was the Deputy FDA Commissioner in 1979. In July, 1974, he had signed the initial approval for aspartame's use in dry foods. (This initial approval was later block by objections from James Turner, Esq. and Dr. John Olney.)

In December, 1979, Sherwin Gardner became a Vice President of Grocery Manufacturers of America, Inc. (GAO 1986). While Mr. Garden claims that he did not discuss aspartame is his 4 meetings with the FDA within a year of leaving that agency or his 20 meetings with the FDA between 1980 and 1986, the organization he worked for does deal directly with aspartame products. It is unlikely that he would have been rewarded with the job had he called for another delay in approval and proposed that safety tests be conducted independently in order to protect the public.

3. Stuart Pape was the Health and Human Services (HHS) Chief Counsel for Foods from October 1976 to March 1979. He served as special assistant to the FDA Commissioner from March 1979 to December 1979.

He participated in meetings and discussions on aspartame as well as representing the FDA at the PBOI.

In December 1979, Mr. Pape was given a job by the law firm of Patton, Boggs, and Blow. This law firm provided counsel to the National Soft Drink Association (NSDA).

Mr. Pape and Howard R. Roberts of the NSDA (who formerly fought for approval of aspartame at the FDA) met with the FDA twice in 1983 where aspartame was discussed. In 1983, the NSDA inexplicably withdrew their objection to aspartame in diet beverage (GAO 1986).

4. Albert Kolbye was the Associate Director of the FDA Bureau of Foods for toxicology.

Effect of long term-administration of aspartame on the ultrastructure of sciatic nerve

4. Discussion

Aspartame and its amino acid isolates have been implicated as causes of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinsonism, multiple sclerosis, and seizures [16]. Everyday consumption of aspartame is increasing, therefore, further investigations are recommended to confirm or allay existing fears concerning aspartame.

In the present work, the effect of long-term aspartame administration on the sciatic nerve was studied. Our results showed that aspartame administration to rats resulted in many histopathological and degenerative changes affecting mainly the myelin sheaths, in the form of focal and extensive demyelination; disruption and splitting of myelin lamellae, with loss of compact lamellar structure; formation of myelin loops; and excessive enfolding with irregular thickening of myelin sheaths. Less frequent than those observed in the myelin sheath, some axons appeared shrunken, compressed, and distorted, with destroyed swollen mitochondria, in addition to dilatation of RER and vacuolation of the cytoplasm of Schwann cells.

In the present study, long-term administration of aspartame induced neurotoxic effects and major ultrastructural changes in the sciatic nerve. Several possible mechanisms were considered to be involved in the neurotoxic effects of aspartame. It is reported that, after ingestion of aspartame, it is metabolized in the gastrointestinal tract into triple toxins: aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol and further breakdown products including formaldehyde and formic acid [17]; the latter is considered to be the principal metabolite responsible for the deleterious effects of acute intoxication by methanol in humans and animals [18]. A small amount of aspartame significantly increases plasma methanol, formaldehyde, and formate levels, and these processes are accompanied by the formation of superoxide anion and hydrogen peroxide [19]. These alterations may contribute to increased production of free radicals [20] that can cause membrane damage through peroxidation of unsaturated fatty acids in the phospholipids of the cell membrane, accompanied by altered structural and functional characteristics of membranes [21]. They can also cause damage to fundamental cellular components such as nucleic acid lesions, gene damage, and gene repair activity, leading to subsequent cell death by necrosis or apoptosis [22]. Antioxidant depletion or deficiency may contribute to oxidative stress that results from an oxidant/antioxidant imbalance. Oxidative stress is thought to play an important role in cell injury [23].

Glutamate and aspartate are two of the most common neurotransmitters normally found in the brain and spinal cord, and when their concentrations rise above a critical level, they become neurotoxic (excitotoxins). More recent molecular studies have explained the mechanism of neuronal destruction and neurotoxicity of aspartame. Aspartame and other excitatory amino acids activate calcium channels via a specialized family of receptors that act as the gatekeeper of the calcium channel on the cell membrane and regulate the entry of calcium into the neurons. This calcium further triggers a cascade of reactions, including free-radical generation and lipid peroxidation, which destroy the cells. With this calcium-triggered stimulation, the neurons become excited, firing impulses repetitively until cell death, hence the name excitotoxins [24].

Myelin sheath abnormalities observed in the present study, such as wide incisures, separation of lamellae, and myelin loops, which are common features of axonal atrophy, and variations in myelin thickness can influence the maintenance of a circular shape of myelinated fibers [25], while demyelination was explained in some studies as the oxidative stress may impair the axonal membrane, leading to demyelination [26]. In terms of peripheral neuropathy, the protein glycation cascade may lead to demyelination or axonal atrophy; glycation of the myelin proteins could account for myelin destruction and consequent demyelination; and glycation of collagen and laminin could lead to reduced nerve growth factor, and axonal atrophy [27].

Myelin loops have been described during the first stages of development and interpreted as a step in the process of myelin recycling. However, the increased frequency of myelin loop formation is related to an early response of large-caliber myelin sheaths to axonal atrophy. Some authors have mentioned that formation of infolded myelin loops is a characteristic response of large-caliber myelin sheaths to axonal atrophy, and probably reflects the presence of redundant myelin [28].

Mitochondrial degeneration and cytoplasmic vacuola-tion of Schwann cells have been explained by previous investigators [9] who demonstrated vacuoles in the cytoplasm of pyramidal cells of the frontal cortex of rats after 8 weeks of aspartame administration. It is concluded that aspartame metabolism leads to the generation of many free radicals, such as nitrogen and oxygen species [29]. These free radicals have been shown to damage cellular proteins and DNA. Other researchers have shown that the most immediate DNA damage was to that of the mitochondria [8]. This leads to increased permeability of the membranes and disturbance of the ion concentration in the cytoplasm and organelles. Such damage is specifically followed by an increase in the plasma membrane permeability to sodium, which exceeds the capacity of the pump to extrude sodium. Accumulation of sodium leads to an increase in water content in the cell leading to its swelling [30]. In addition, damage of the cell membrane as well as cytoplasmic vacuolation in the axons and Schwann cells could be a result of lipid peroxidation [31]. This agrees with the suggestion of Woolf [32], who stated that the first manifestation of cell injury or degeneration is swelling due to accumulation of water, and thus the cytoplasm appears granular. Another study [33] revealed degenerative changes to all cellular components of the hypothalamic neurons of juvenile rabbits after aspartame administration.

Morphometric analysis of the sciatic nerve 12 weeks after receiving aspartame revealed a significant reduction in the g-ratio (axon/fiber ratio). This reduction may be due to decreased axon diameter or an increase in fiber diameter. The increased fiber diameter is most probably caused by irregular thickening or splitting of myelin [34]. In this study, the decreased axon diameter might have been due to compression by the abnormal myelin. Hence, when the morphological changes improved in the Recovery Group, the g-ratio increased again.

The present study demonstrated that the histological changes showed significant improvement 4 weeks after discontinuation of aspartame but did not return to control levels. This agreed with other authors [12] who stated that improvement from aspartame-induced toxicity was gradual and incomplete. Furthermore, free-radical scavengers, including the functional reserve of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, could be necessary for neural protection and regeneration [35]. It has also been shown that aspartame metabolites induced amino acid imbalance within the neuron microenvironment, thus producing nerve damage [36,37].

5. Conclusion

The present study shows that long-term administration of aspartame to male albino rats has a harmful effect on the structure of the sciatic nerve. It is recommended to restrict or avoid the use of aspartame as much as possible, and if its use is necessary, decrease the dose.

SaE

• +1 1

Ako je neko sumnjao u konzervativnost Vrhovnog suda:

U.S. Supreme Court gives states more leeway to restrict voting

The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday made it easier for states to enact voting restrictions, endorsing Republican-backed measures in Arizona that a lower court had decided disproportionately burdened Black, Latino and Native American voters and handing a defeat to Democrats who had challenged the policies.

The 6-3 ruling, authored by conservative Justice Samuel Alito, held that the restrictions on early ballot collection by third parties and where ballots may be cast did not violate the Voting Rights Act, a landmark 1965 federal law that prohibits racial discrimination in voting.

President Joe Biden and other Democrats swiftly condemned the Arizona decision and a second one also issued by the justices on Thursday - the last day of rulings for the court's current nine-month term - in a case from California that could endanger some political donor disclosure laws. In both rulings, the court's six conservative justices were in the majority, with the three liberal justices dissenting.

Various states have enacted sweeping Republican-backed voting restrictions in the wake of former President Donald Trump's false claims of widespread election fraud in his 2020 loss to now-President Joe Biden.

SaE

• Tpojka locked and unlocked this topic
  • James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic
  • Tpojka featured and unfeatured this topic