IGNORED

Svastara

Lancia

Nismo li imali dokumentarci topik na muzici?

To Tulsa and Back: On Tour with J.J Cale

Despite his influence on musicians such as Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Mark Knopfler and others, singer-songwriter J.J. Cale remains a relative obscurity. In this documentary, Clapton and his idol, Cale, team up for a concert in Dallas. Along the way, director Jorg Bundschuh gives viewers plenty of time to hang with the laid-back architect of the so-called "Tulsa Sound," who penned the rock classics "After Midnight," "Cocaine" and "Call Me the Breeze.

• 2 weeks later...

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over ‘False Information About Vaccines’

Photo by: KGC-138/STAR MAX/IPx 2019 7/12/19 Neil Young and The Promise of the Real performing at British Summertime 2019, Hyde Park in London.

Neil Young and The Promise of the Real performing at British Summertime 2019, Hyde Park in London.

KGC-138/STAR MAX/IPx/AP

Neil Young posted a since-deleted letter to his management team and record label demanding that they remove his music from Spotify. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” he wrote. “Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.” Young is referencing the steady stream of misinformation about vaccines that Joe Rogan has peddled on The Joe Rogan Experience. Last month, 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter asking Spotify to stop spreading Rogan’s baseless claims.

“With an estimated 11 million listeners per episode, JRE, which is hosted exclusively on Spotify, is the world’s largest podcast and has tremendous influence,” the letter reads. “Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy.”

Young removed most of his music from Spotify several years ago because he felt the sound quality on the service was too low, but he ultimately relented. “That’s where people get music,” he told Rolling Stone in 2019. “I want people to hear my music no matter what they have to get through to do it. I’m just trying to make it so they hear a lot more and enjoy it a lot more, but sell it for the same price because music is music.”

Young’s letter was addressed to his manager and a Warner executive. At press time, Spotify hadn’t responded to a request from Rolling Stone asking if they planned to remove Young’s music. It’s still available, but it might be smart to listen to Zuma and Rust Never Sleeps while you still can. They could disappear at any moment.

• +1 3
On 25.1.2022. at 23:47, Indy said:

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over ‘False Information About Vaccines’

Stvarno nestala njegova muzika sa Spotifaja! Nema praktično ništa, samo neke kompilacije koje ne kontroliše njegova kompanija.

Posle mnogo vremena kao Premium Member, možda je vreme da pređem na Tidal. Jebo ih freedumb of speech.

• +1 3
34 minutes ago, Indy said:

Stvarno nestala njegova muzika sa Spotifaja! Nema praktično ništa, samo neke kompilacije koje ne kontroliše njegova kompanija.

Posle mnogo vremena kao Premium Member, možda je vreme da pređem na Tidal. Jebo ih freedumb of speech.

Lep. etički čin.

Što se tiče Spotify-a, ne znam koji je "najviši" tier, imam ga već jedno vreme (dolazi besplatno sa Premium nalogom kod kablovskog provajdera), ali ga zbog čiste lenjosti (još) nisam aktivirao, tako da izgleda da sam ih (i nesvesno) tiho bojkotovao...

Edited by Jeremija
On 27.1.2022. at 11:17, Indy said:

Na Tidalu Neil Youngov katalog nije kompletan, dosta stvari fali, i njegove stvari nisu sa mastera kao vecina drugih, ali predji :D 

Nije toliko zbog uklanjanja N. Younga, koliko zbog držanja stvari koje su masivno popularne (i lukrativne) iz pogrešnih razloga...

Nisam kompletista za Younga (posebno ne novije stvari), u stvari baš je prilika da se pazare ključne stvari (Zuma, Rust i sl) na CD-u, pa se lepo naripuje u FLAC i milina. Može naravno i da se skine™ ali je lepo imati.

• +1 1

Nil Jang je zapravo dao dobru izjavu, rekao vaznu stvar i doneo odluku kakvu mislim da treba:  

https://consequence.net/2022/01/neil-young-polio-battle-covid-disinformation/

Young also delivered a new statement on Friday after his music had been scrubbed from the streaming platform. “When I left Spotify, I felt better,” he wrote. “Amazon, Apple Music and Qobuz deliver up to 100% of the music today and it sounds a lot better than the shitty degraded and neutered sound of Spotify. If you support Spotify, you are destroying an art form. Business over art. Spotify plays artist’s music at 5% of its quality and charges you like it was the real thing.”

The singer went on to urge readers to switch to one of Spotify’s competitors, and ended the note by speaking out in defense of free speech, writing, “I have never been in favor of censorship. Private companies have the right to choose what they profit from, just as I can choose not to have my music support a platform that disseminates harmful information. I am happy and proud to stand in solidarity with the front line health care workers who risk their lives every day to help others. As an unexpected bonus, I sound better everywhere else.

Poenta je, dakle, da ne tera on Dzoa Rogana sa Spotifaja, niti Spotifaj da otera Dzoa, nego on sam odlazi sa Spotifaja, jer nece da deli prostor sa Dzoom. 

• +1 1