IGNORED

O serijama

Mr.Smith

Lord of the Rings TV series gets multi-season order at Amazon

James Hibberd November 13, 2017 AT 01:21 PM EST

Amazon has officially greenlit one show that it hopes to rule them all.

The company has made a multi-season production commitment to a television adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy epic The Lord of the Rings. 

It’s a major deal securing one of the biggest brands in pop culture for what’s likely to be one of the most expensive TV shows ever made.

But there’s a catch, creatively speaking: The series will explore storylines set before the events in the first LOTR novel, The Fellowship of the Ring. In other words: The war to destroy the One Ring as chronicled in Peter Jackson’s Oscar-winning trilogy of films will not be told in the TV version. So this story is either set before The Hobbit or in between The Hobbit and LOTR. 

The deal includes a potential additional spin-off series as well. 

“We are delighted that Amazon, with its longstanding commitment to literature, is the home of the first-ever multi-season television series for The Lord of the Rings,” said Matt Galsor, a representative for the Tolkien Estate and Trust and HarperCollins. “Sharon and the team at Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”

There’s no cast or premiere date yet, but the series will eventually stream on Amazon Prime.

More to come… 

Ona sa Bili Bob Tortonom je valjda Amazon.

Inace zavrsih sve tri sezone Rick & Morty-a i moram da priznam da ne kapiram cemu toliki hajp. Ima par jako dobrih epizoda ali vecina su prosecne sto se tice humora. Gledacu i narednu ali nije bas kao da cu da odbrojavam dane.

Ti to ne razumeš, to je samo za nas umišljene pametnjakoviće  :nobles:

Hajp je naravno preteran kao i svaki drugi hajp. Da sam ja bio johnny-come-lately i počeo da gledam u sadašnjem kontekstu, gde te retardirani internet sa svih strana zasipa R&M sadržajem, verovatno bih u startu iz inata odustao.

• 3opge changed the title to O serijama