IGNORED

Razno

Sludge Factory

:sad:

The Buddha of Suburbia and My Beautiful Launderette writer Hanif Kureishi has said he collapsed in Rome last month and now cannot move his arms or legs.

The Oscar-nominated scriptwriter and author said he thought he was dying after "a fall" on 26 December.

"I believed I had three breaths left. It seemed like a miserable and ignoble way to die," he said on Friday.

He is in hospital and has had a spine operation that has led to "minor improvements" in recent days, he said.

The 68-year-old said he collapsed after feeling dizzy following a walk.

"I woke up a few minutes later in a pool of blood, my neck in a grotesquely twisted position, my wife on her knees beside me," he explained in a series of messages posted on Twitter.

'Unclear whether I will be able to walk again'

"I believed I was dying," he explained, but said his wife "saved my life and kept me calm".

"For a few days I was profoundly traumatised, altered and unrecognisable to myself. I am in the hospital. I cannot move move my arms and legs.

"I cannot scratch my nose, make a phone call or feed myself," he said. "As you can imagine, this is both humiliating, degrading and a burden for others."

He continued: "I have sensation and some movement in all my limbs, and I will begin physio and rehabilitation as soon as possible. I want to thank the doctors and nurses at the Gemelli hospital, Rome, for all their extraordinary kindness, competence and care.

"At the moment, it is unclear whether I will ever be able to walk again, or whether I'll ever be able to hold a pen, if there is any assistance that I would be grateful for, it would be with regard to voice-assisted hardware and software, which will allow me to watch, write and begin work again, and continue some kind of half-life."

He asked followers to send ideas that might help him.

"I want to thank all my readers for their love and support over the years. Love Hanif," he concluded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64188549

• Tužno 3
  • 3 weeks later...

gledala upravo intervju sa autorom knjige "ko je ubio Jovana Skerlića" Momčilom Đorgovićem za kojega prvi put čujem 

Izgleda da je knjiga zanimljiva, koliko sam shvatila, bavi se korenima naše propasti, uzrokom imenuje radikale i Pašića pre svih, Karađorđevića takođe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are sorry to let you know that Book Depository will be closing on 26 April 2023.

sve stranjske knjige sam kupovao preko bookdepository :(

We are sorry to let you know that Book Depository will be closing on 26 April 2023.

sve stranjske knjige sam kupovao preko bookdepository :(
O jbteeee zaštooo?

... Shiit has hit the fan

• 3 months later...

Nešto me kopka, a nemam mogućnosti da proverim.. Da li u sfrj izdanju Kunderine Šale, postoji opširan  muzikološki pasaž, sa sve notnim tekstom?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://portalnovosti.com/chatbot-cita-danila-kisa

Chatbot čita Danila Kisa

Nakon što je magazin Atlantic dokazao da se umjetna inteligencija hrani knjigama koje su zaštićene autorskim pravima, među tim su knjigama iskrsnule i one naših autorica i autora. Ali zašto bismo se digitalnom ofanzivom multimilijardera iz Silicijske doline zamarali ovdje, na dalekoj evropskoj periferiji?

• +1 1
10 hours ago, I*m with the pilots said:

https://portalnovosti.com/chatbot-cita-danila-kisa

Chatbot čita Danila Kisa

Nakon što je magazin Atlantic dokazao da se umjetna inteligencija hrani knjigama koje su zaštićene autorskim pravima, među tim su knjigama iskrsnule i one naših autorica i autora. Ali zašto bismo se digitalnom ofanzivom multimilijardera iz Silicijske doline zamarali ovdje, na dalekoj evropskoj periferiji?

bilo bi zanimljivo dobiti uvid u planove obrazovnih sistema... bar ovih razvijenih država koje sad lagano tek pripremaju zakone. kada će prestati školovanje kadrova koji više neće biti potrebni... i šire od oblasti književnosti i pisane reči.

1 minute ago, slepa živana said:

bilo bi zanimljivo dobiti uvid u planove obrazovnih sistema... bar ovih razvijenih država koje sad lagano tek pripremaju zakone. kada će prestati školovanje kadrova koji više neće biti potrebni... i šire od oblasti književnosti i pisane reči.

Ne treba ti bre nikakav uvid, ja cu da ti kazem: kadrovi i onako vise nisu ili su sve manje potrebni, obaska sto stalno prave probleme - takozvana AI radi pos'o bas onako kako je koncipiranatm - da beskonacno razmnozava Kena i Barbiku... :fantom: 

Nasla rupa zakrpu, svaki lonac poklopac, taj rad...