IGNORED

Coronavirus Covid-19 - opšta tema

Skyhighatrist

1 hour ago, mackenzie said:

Repeat booster doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people, according to the European Medicines Agency.

Dobro su se setili, ovo filovanje podanika postalo je apsurdno. Na početku vakcinacije onaj čova sa juga omaškom primio kombinaciju, digla se kuka i motika a koji mesec kasnije "slobodno kombinujte". Imuni sistem dodatno narušen panikom koja se (ne)namerno širi, bezbroj sumnjivih istraživanja baziranih na ko-zna-čemu a na vrhu svega statistika, brojevi, stotine hiljada, milioni. Izrael "idemo na kolektivni imunitet", Češka "puštaj sve", Kina "zatvaraj sve", Srbija "boli nas đokica"... a svi sada izgleda kalkulišu kako da se iz ove kakofonije izvuku što pre samo da smisle neko suvislo objašnjenje. Ono najgore: prevencija totalno zapuštena, teško oboleli i njihove bolesti zaboravljeni, školska deca više nemaju sistematske preglede. Obrukali smo se kao vrsta ali stiže novi ajfon, da ublaži bol. Toliko otprilike i koštamo po primerku, kao taj jedan ajfon.

• +1 3

Tekst ovdašnje doktorke o tome kako je zakačila virus i pored toga što je trostruko vakcinisana i kako je uopšte uspela da se testira, i komentar na strategiju lokalne i savezne vlade da se, pošto su skoro svi vakcinisani, ukinu ograničenja koja su do tada važila za nevakcinisane i za masovna okupljanja (i da se odgovornost za čuvanje od virusa prebaci na pojedinca). Od 15. decembra kada su ograničenja ukinuta je broj novozaraženih eksplodirao, svi su se nadali da je uglavnom blaži Omikron ali glavna NSW doktorka je danas izjavija da je od 35000 današnjih slučajeva samo 90% Omikron, što znači da je sadašnji broj Delta slučajeva više nego dvostruko veći od broja na vrhu Delte u avgustu/septembru kada je i u Sidneju bio lokdaun. U međuvremenu su neka ograničenja vraćena (noćni klubovi su zatvoreni i igranje na koncertima i uopšte na mestima za zabavu je zabranjeno, i broj gostiju u restoranima je ograničen). U bolnicama je trenutno više bolesnih nego na vrhu u septembru, mada ih je na intenzivnoj nezi još uvek manje, plus je više od polovine pacijenata na intenzivnoj nezi nevakcinisano.

‘Personal responsibility’ is no match for Omicron

Takođe iz današnjih novina, tekst profesora ekonomije o tome zašto je zdravlje građana vrhunski ekonomski prioritet i podsećanje na glupost izgovora jer ekonomija:

Supply issues show healthy humans are key to our economy

SaE

• +1 2
8 hours ago, gospa buba said:

ovaj kapitalizam moze samo neko ogranicheno vreme da tvrdi da su mu ljudsko zdravlje i zivot na prvom mestu, jer nisu, ni jedan potroshiv resurs nije. i to vreme je verovatno vec proshlo.

Pa to je bilo dok je bio kumunizam sa druge strane koji je tvrdio to isto...

Sad nema zlog komunizma, i Kina je postala kapitalistička zemlja, samo jednopartijska i to je to... Pošto nema bojazni da će se radnici pobuniti, jer su omađijeani medijima i igračkama koje su dobili, a nema alternativnog uređenja, sad može sve, kako kapitalisti odgovara...

Pa to je bilo dok je bio kumunizam sa druge strane koji je tvrdio to isto...

Sad nema zlog komunizma, i Kina je postala kapitalistička zemlja, samo jednopartijska i to je to... Pošto nema bojazni da će se radnici pobuniti, jer su omađijeani medijima i igračkama koje su dobili, a nema alternativnog uređenja, sad može sve, kako kapitalisti odgovara...
nije da se pobune radnici, sad bolesnici da se pobune :unsure:

sent from novi mnogo jak bubamoto.

Covid loses 90% of ability to infect within 20 minutes in air – study

Exclusive: Findings highlight importance of short-range Covid transmission

Coronavirus loses 90% of its ability to infect us within 20 minutes of becoming airborne – with most of the loss occurring within the first five minutes, the world’s first simulations of how the virus survives in exhaled air suggest.

The findings re-emphasise the importance of short-range Covid transmission, with physical distancing and mask-wearing likely to be the most effective means of preventing infection. Ventilation, though still worthwhile, is likely to have a lesser impact.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/11/covid-loses-90-of-ability-to-infect-within-five-minutes-in-air-study?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• +1 3
1 hour ago, mackenzie said:

Covid loses 90% of ability to infect within 20 minutes in air – study

The findings re-emphasise the importance of short-range Covid transmission, with physical distancing and mask-wearing likely to be the most effective means of preventing infection. Ventilation, though still worthwhile, is likely to have a lesser impact.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/11/covid-loses-90-of-ability-to-infect-within-five-minutes-in-air-study?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

hmmmmm

Edited by Ros

Scientists believed Covid leaked from Wuhan lab - but feared debate could hurt ‘international harmony’

Emails to Dr Anthony Fauci show ‘likely’ explanation identified at start of coronavirus pandemic, but there were worries about saying so

Leading British and US scientists thought it was likely that Covid accidentally leaked from a laboratory but were concerned that further debate would harm science in China, emails show. An email from Sir Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust, on February 2 2020 said that “a likely explanation” was that Covid had rapidly evolved from a Sars-like virus inside human tissue in a low-security lab.

The email, to Dr Anthony Fauci and Dr Francis Collins of the US National Institutes of Health, went on to say that such evolution may have “accidentally created a virus primed for rapid transmission between humans”.

But a leading scientist told Sir Jeremy that “further debate would do unnecessary harm to science in general and science in China in particular”. Dr Collins, the former director of the US National Institutes of Health, warned it could damage “international harmony”.

Viscount Ridley, co-author of Viral: the search for the origin of Covid, said: “These emails show a lamentable lack of openness and transparency among Western scientists who appear to have been more interested in shutting down a hypothesis they thought was very plausible, for political reasons.”

In the emails, Sir Jeremy said that other scientists also believed the virus could not have evolved naturally. One such scientist was Professor Mike Farzan, of Scripps Research, the expert who discovered how the original Sars virus binds to human cells.

Scientists were particularly concerned by a part of Covid-19 called the furin cleavage site, a section of the spike protein which helps it enter cells and makes it so infectious to humans.

Summarising Professor Farzan’s concerns in an email, Sir Jeremy said: “He is bothered by the furin site and has a hard time (to) explain that as an event outside the lab, though there are possible ways in nature but highly unlikely.

“I think this becomes a question of how do you put all this together, whether you believe in this series of coincidences, what you know of the lab in Wuhan, how much could be in nature - accidental release or natural event? I am 70:30 or 60:40.”

Later emails showed that by February 4, Sir Jeremy had revised his estimate of a laboratory leak to 50:50, while Professor Eddie Holmes, of the University of Sydney, gave a 60:40 estimate in favour of an accidental release.

The emails also show that Bob Garry, of the University of Texas, was unconvinced that Covid-19 emerged naturally.

“I just can’t figure out how this gets accomplished in nature,” he said.

Professor Andrew Rambaut, from the University of Edinburgh, also said that furin cleavage site “strikes me as unusual”. 

He added: “I think the only people with sufficient information or access to samples to address it would be the teams working in Wuhan.”

The new details came to light after members of the US Republican House Oversight Committee were granted access to the documents, after complaining that their content had been heavily redacted when released under Freedom of Information requests.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/11/scientists-believed-covid-leaked-wuhan-lab-feared-debate-could/

Edited by mackenzie
3 minutes ago, Kampokei said:

Francuski ministar zdravlja procenjuje da je stvarni brojj zarazenih u zemlji izmedju 500 hiljada i milion dnevno.

E da je tako kod nas, završili bi pandemiju za 5-10 dana... :(