IGNORED

Peti oktobar na bliskom istoku i arapskom svetu

Gandalf

• 2 weeks later...

ko bi se ovome nadao u zemlji u kojoj je 99% žena doživelo neki oblik nasilnog seksualizma :fantom:

An Egyptian court has sentenced a four-year-old boy to life in prison for committing four 'murders' when he was only one and a half years old.

Ahmed Mansour Karni was convicted in absentia of four counts of murder, eight of attempted murder, vandalising property, disturbance of peace and threatening police officers.

The boy was part of a list of 115 defendants who were all given life sentences at a military court in Cairo for crimes committed on 3 January 2014 in the province of Fayoum, 70km south of Cairo.

Ahmed's name was added to the list by mistake but the court refused to accept documents proving his age, according to the boy's lawyers.

One of them, Faisal al-Sayd, said that he presented Ahmed's birth certificate to the court, which allegedly failed to transfer it to the judge.

'The child Ahmed Mansour Karni's birth certificate was presented after state security forces added his name to the list of accused, but then the case was transferred to the military court and the child was sentenced in absentia in an ensuing court hearing,' he told the Jerusalem Post.

'This proves that the judge did not read the case'.

Another Egyptian lawyer Mohammed Abu Hurira said the case proves that 'the Egyptian scales of justice are not reversible' and 'there is no justice in Egypt.'

'Logic committed suicide a while ago. Egypt went crazy. Egypt is ruled by a bunch of lunatics,' he said.

Since 2013, Egypt has been ruled by a military dictatorship under President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3455787/Four-year-old-boy-sentenced-life-jail-committing-four-murders-just-ONE.html#ixzz40kRkNtio

Brana u Mosulu  :ph34r:

Ovo je po svemu sudeći ozbiljno, i iračka vlada i američka ambasada su praktično upozorile da je kolaps moguć u bilo kom trenutku. A očekuje se dodatnih 20 metara u akumulacionom jezeru kako se snegovi budu otapali.

• 3 weeks later...

Sid je valjda Sidni Blumental, ima svakakvih crtica u ovom infou, neke sada deluju glupo, neke su ružnjikave™:

CONFIDENTIAL

July 24, 2012

For: Hillary

Re: Syria, Turkey, Israel, Iran

SOURCE: Sources with access to the highest levels of the Governments and institutions discussed below. This includes political parties and regional intelligence and security services.

1. According to an individual with access to the highest levels of major European governments, the intelligence services of these countries are reporting to their principals that the commanders of the Israeli military and intelligence community believe that the civil war in Syria is spreading to neighboring countries, including Lebanon, Jordan, and Turkey . These European officials are concerned that the ongoing conflict in Syria will lead to uprisings in these countries that will bring increasingly conservative Islamic regimes into power, replacing existing secular or moderate regimes. This individual adds that, Israeli security officials believe that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is convinced that these developments will leave them vulnerable, with only enemies on their borders.

2. In private conversations senior Israeli Intelligence and Military commaders state to their European associates that they have long viewed the regime of Syrian President Bashar al Assad, while hostile, as a known quantity and a buffer between Israel and the more militant Muslim countries, a situation that is threatened by the growing successs of the rebel forces of the Free Syria Army (FSA). This source is convinced that these Israeli leaders are now drawing up contingency plans to deal with a regional structure where the new revolutionary regimes that take over the various countries will be controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood and possibly more problematic groups such as al Qa'ida, which doesn't bode well for the Israelis.

3. At the same time, looking at the tensions between Israel and Iran as part of the overall situation in the region, these European heads of state are receiving reporting indicating that if Israel were to attack the Iranian nuclear facilities at this time it would only exacerbate relations with their neighbors. In addition, such an attack may lead to further deterioration in the world economy, which would in turn be blamed on Israel. These sources believe that such an attack would also unite the Iranian population against the United States and strengthen their ties to the Mullahs, rather than weaken them. These particular individuals fear that this in turn would accelerate Iranian efforts at building a nuclear arsenal, seeking additional support from their contacts in Russia and China.

4. According to a source with direct access, Turkish Army commanders have stated in private discussions with the highest levels of their Government that an Israeli attack on Iran will surely start a regional war "before the first Israel air-strike sortie has returned to base". Turkish intelligence estimates, supported by their liaison contacts in Western European intelligence services, advise that thousands of missiles and rockets would fall on Israel fired from Iran, Lebanon, Syria, and Gaza.

5. (Source Comment: The Turkish Army estimates that Syria and Lebanon Hezbollah forces have access to over 200,000 surface to surface rockets and missiles. Their military analysts also believe that an assault from such a force would overwhelm Israel's defenses.)

6. According to these individuals, the European intelligence sources are also advising their heads of state that international economic sanctions are truly hurting the Iranian economy and have begun to foster frustration among the Iranian people. Sources in Tehran report that this hostility is increasingly aimed at the ruling party. These indivdivals also advise that an Israeli attack against Iran would immediately serve to undermine this situation, turning the populaton against Israel, the United States, and Western Europe in support of their rulers, both Islamic and Secular. In this regard, these European security leaders regularly site the words of Prime Minister Netanyahu: "Iran in particular is susceptible to economic pressure. The oil-exporting Islamic republic is virtually a single-crop economy, and imposition of a tight blockade against Iranian oil sales will undoubtedly induce in Teheran a prompt revaluation of the utility of even indirect terrorist tactics."

7. One particular source states that the British and French Intelligence services believe that their Israeli counterparts are convinced that there is a positive side to the civil war in Syria; if the Assad regime topples, Iran would lose its only ally in the Middle East and would be isolated. At the same time, the fall of the House of Assad could well ignite a sectarian war between the Shiites and the majority Sunnis of the region drawing in Iran, which, in the view of Israeli commaders would not be a bad thing for Israel and its Western allies. In the opinion of this individual, such a scenario would distract and might obstruct Iran from its nuclear activities for a good deal of time. In addition, certain senior Israeli intelligence analysts believe that this turn of events may even prove to be a factor in the eventual fall of the current government of Iran.

8. (Source Comment: In the opinion of this particularly sensitive source, after discussions with Israeli contacts, if you consider Israel's position at this juncture, with all that is ongoing in the region, what position would you take? At present, considering that Israel is not prepared for an all out war with Iran, they may well continue to threaten action, giving the impression they are serious about pursuing aggresive Iranian anti-nuclear efforts. One way to do that is to update weapon systems; secure an air base in Saudi Arabia that would suggest a staging ground for an eventual attack, then "leak" the word to the media that their are eminent plans to carry out a bombing raid and do everything possible to persuade the world they mean business.)

9. At the same time, a separate sensitive source added that the European security services are concerned that this brinksmanship could lead to missteps that could, in turn, lead to a regional war. In this regard these European services are staying in close contact with their Israeli counterparts as they attempt to manipulate events while avoiding a general conflict at this time. This individual stated that a senior Israeli military commander described the current situation from the Israeli perspective by quoting Sun Tzu wrote in THE ART OF WAR: "He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight."

CONFIDENTIAL: This message is confidential, privileged, and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510). This message and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addresses(s) and any discussion, copying and/or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender, and immediately delete from your computer system. Thank you.

CONFIDENTIAL/PROPRIETARY

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05795336 Date: 01/07/2016

2. In private conversations senior Israeli Intelligence and Military commaders state to their European associates that they have long viewed the regime of Syrian President Bashar al Assad, while hostile, as a known quantity and a buffer between Israel and the more militant Muslim countries, a situation that is threatened by the growing successs of the rebel forces of the Free Syria Army (FSA). This source is convinced that these Israeli leaders are now drawing up contingency plans to deal with a regional structure where the new revolutionary regimes that take over the various countries will be controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood and possibly more problematic groups such as al Qa'ida, which doesn't bode well for the Israelis.

Ovo je ono što sam pokušao da objasnim pre koju stranu. Asad je protivnik koga poznaju i protiv koga znaju i da ratuju i da pregovaraju. Ne bi im više odgovaralo da moraju da imaju posla sa nekim drugim. 

• 5 months later...

Libijci prave Gadafija od blata, pa i ne bas:

Libyans like me are grateful to Cameron for his air strikes – and westerners crying imperialism need to accept that

Profile.jpg

Four and a half years ago, on the 19th of March, 2011, Mohamed Nabbous was killed by a sniper while covering the latest updates of the Libyan revolution against Muammar Gaddafi. Nabbous, at just 28 years old, represented the ambitions of so many young Libyans; he founded the Libya Alhurra TV Channel, which all Libyans at home and abroad were glued to during those early days of the uprising, myself included. Hours after his death, French and British aeroplanes entered Libyan airspace to enforce a no-fly zone, as was authorised by the United Nations Security Council.

Today, David Cameron was attacked over what many headlines referred to as the “collapse” of Libya as a country. In particular, media outlets and MPs suggested that Cameron should never have allowed Britain to carry out air strikes. As a Libyan I couldn’t disagree more with this, and I’ll tell you why.

The Libyan revolution kicked off very rapidly. It started in Benghazi, and all of a sudden, pockets all over the country started uprising in non-violent protest. We were all surprised: uprisings in Libya were uncommon, and in the past the Gaddafi regime had responded to them with an iron fist. But this time, people were buoyed by the support of their Tunisian and Egyptian neighbours, and social media was an invaluable weapon.

Gaddafi, of course, ordered his forces to quash the uprising – and  what Nabbous was reporting on the day that he died was the advancement of Gaddafi’s arsenal into the second capital city. If they hadn’t been stopped by the coalition air strikes, God only knows what would have happened – the torture and death of a million people is my best guess, taken from experience.

My hometown Zawiya, some 40km to the west of Tripoli, was one of the first cities to follow in the footsteps of the East and revolt. Gaddafi wouldn’t have this. It was the first and only major city that his troops regained control of, as it was close to his stronghold in Tripoli. What happened there was ugly; the firsthand accounts I heard daily from my family were terrifying. My grandmother witnessed Gaddafi’s troops enter Zawiya from her house on the eastern edge of the city by the motorway. She told me that you could not see where the line of military tanks started or ended.

The battle for Zawiya was gruesome – not only did they kill a lot of people, but they even dug up the graves of people who had died in the main square and been buried by their families, and threw the bodies into pits in unknown locations. When some of Gaddafi’s troops were captured, it turned out that most of them weren’t even Libyans themselves: they were hired mercenaries from other African countries. Gaddafi couldn’t find enough Libyans to fight for him, but he had enough money to buy vast armies of these mercenaries from surrounding areas.

The fact that our dictator had access to these kinds of funds made the playing field spectacularly uneven. If he had been allowed to continue his reign of terror with an unending supply of troops from throughout the continent, there’s no doubt that he would have retaken every city in Libya the same way. The people of Zawiya were yearning for an intervention to happen earlier like it did in Benghazi. Months of suffering were endured in Zawiya before it was liberated again. The air strikes were welcome, and they should have come sooner.

To many western people, this doesn’t make a lot of sense. Comparisons with Iraq, for example, always seem to be used, and the terms “imperialism” and “neo-colonialism” thrown around (mainly by white British people attempting to advocate on my behalf). But every situation is different, and Muammar Gaddafi was a genocidal maniac. Public executions and “disappearings” were common under his dictatorship; executions were even broadcast during children’s TV programmes. The secret police in Libya were so terrifying that nobody dared speak a word against Gaddafi in public, and their reach extended into the UK. Even when I moved to London, I only criticised Gaddafi’s reign in private, with a select group of friends who were under strict instructions to never repeat anything I’d said in public.

In hindsight, of course Cameron could have done things differently. The real issue is that there was no plan in place for what was to happen after Gaddafi was deposed. No boots on the ground was the deal, which was probably the wrong decision – although who can blame the Libyan people for brokering that deal after centuries of suffering under colonialism before Gaddafi’s rule?

A UN army of peacekeepers should have been dispatched to Libya after the war to collect weapons at the very least, as so much weaponry from Gaddafi’s supplies became available to militias and vigilante groups in the aftermath of the air strikes. This abundance of armoury is the root cause of the problems Libya suffers from today, including the fact that it has become an enclave for Isis.

The situation worsens the longer we leave it, and it’s time for the UN to step up: a peacekeeping mission can still be done. It will be difficult, but it will make a positive difference in Libya and, ultimately, for the world. As for David Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy, Libyans will always feel indebted to them and their countries.

Rema was born in Tripoli and grew up in Vienna. She attended the Vienna International School where she obtained a bilingual IB diploma. She then moved to London for university and received her BEng in Chemical Engineering from University College London in 2010, and her MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering from Imperial College in 2011. She developed an interest in renewable energy, nuclear energy specifically, since her undergraduate years, which prompted her move to IC for her masters degree to gain some expertise in the topic, and finally peruse a PhD in it back at UCL.

Mnogo se bolje živi u Beču i Londonu otkad je Gadafi dobio štap v buljo. :fantom: 

Libyans like me are grateful to Cameron for his air strikes – and westerners crying imperialism need to accept that

Profile.jpg

Four and a half years ago, on the 19th of March, 2011, Mohamed Nabbous was killed by a sniper while covering the latest updates of the Libyan revolution against Muammar Gaddafi. Nabbous, at just 28 years old, represented the ambitions of so many young Libyans; he founded the Libya Alhurra TV Channel, which all Libyans at home and abroad were glued to during those early days of the uprising, myself included. Hours after his death, French and British aeroplanes entered Libyan airspace to enforce a no-fly zone, as was authorised by the United Nations Security Council.

Today, David Cameron was attacked over what many headlines referred to as the “collapse” of Libya as a country. In particular, media outlets and MPs suggested that Cameron should never have allowed Britain to carry out air strikes. As a Libyan I couldn’t disagree more with this, and I’ll tell you why.

The Libyan revolution kicked off very rapidly. It started in Benghazi, and all of a sudden, pockets all over the country started uprising in non-violent protest. We were all surprised: uprisings in Libya were uncommon, and in the past the Gaddafi regime had responded to them with an iron fist. But this time, people were buoyed by the support of their Tunisian and Egyptian neighbours, and social media was an invaluable weapon.

Gaddafi, of course, ordered his forces to quash the uprising – and  what Nabbous was reporting on the day that he died was the advancement of Gaddafi’s arsenal into the second capital city. If they hadn’t been stopped by the coalition air strikes, God only knows what would have happened – the torture and death of a million people is my best guess, taken from experience.

My hometown Zawiya, some 40km to the west of Tripoli, was one of the first cities to follow in the footsteps of the East and revolt. Gaddafi wouldn’t have this. It was the first and only major city that his troops regained control of, as it was close to his stronghold in Tripoli. What happened there was ugly; the firsthand accounts I heard daily from my family were terrifying. My grandmother witnessed Gaddafi’s troops enter Zawiya from her house on the eastern edge of the city by the motorway. She told me that you could not see where the line of military tanks started or ended.

The battle for Zawiya was gruesome – not only did they kill a lot of people, but they even dug up the graves of people who had died in the main square and been buried by their families, and threw the bodies into pits in unknown locations. When some of Gaddafi’s troops were captured, it turned out that most of them weren’t even Libyans themselves: they were hired mercenaries from other African countries. Gaddafi couldn’t find enough Libyans to fight for him, but he had enough money to buy vast armies of these mercenaries from surrounding areas.

The fact that our dictator had access to these kinds of funds made the playing field spectacularly uneven. If he had been allowed to continue his reign of terror with an unending supply of troops from throughout the continent, there’s no doubt that he would have retaken every city in Libya the same way. The people of Zawiya were yearning for an intervention to happen earlier like it did in Benghazi. Months of suffering were endured in Zawiya before it was liberated again. The air strikes were welcome, and they should have come sooner.

To many western people, this doesn’t make a lot of sense. Comparisons with Iraq, for example, always seem to be used, and the terms “imperialism” and “neo-colonialism” thrown around (mainly by white British people attempting to advocate on my behalf). But every situation is different, and Muammar Gaddafi was a genocidal maniac. Public executions and “disappearings” were common under his dictatorship; executions were even broadcast during children’s TV programmes. The secret police in Libya were so terrifying that nobody dared speak a word against Gaddafi in public, and their reach extended into the UK. Even when I moved to London, I only criticised Gaddafi’s reign in private, with a select group of friends who were under strict instructions to never repeat anything I’d said in public.

In hindsight, of course Cameron could have done things differently. The real issue is that there was no plan in place for what was to happen after Gaddafi was deposed. No boots on the ground was the deal, which was probably the wrong decision – although who can blame the Libyan people for brokering that deal after centuries of suffering under colonialism before Gaddafi’s rule?

A UN army of peacekeepers should have been dispatched to Libya after the war to collect weapons at the very least, as so much weaponry from Gaddafi’s supplies became available to militias and vigilante groups in the aftermath of the air strikes. This abundance of armoury is the root cause of the problems Libya suffers from today, including the fact that it has become an enclave for Isis.

The situation worsens the longer we leave it, and it’s time for the UN to step up: a peacekeeping mission can still be done. It will be difficult, but it will make a positive difference in Libya and, ultimately, for the world. As for David Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy, Libyans will always feel indebted to them and their countries.

Gadafi je trebalo da padne kao okrutan diktator.

No, ovo je ipak samo personal account iz jedne bezbedne londonske perspektive.

Uopste nema podataka ko je i sta je autorica teksta.

Edit: Dr vec odgovorio, neka ostane. No, ja ne videh u Independntu short bio spisateljice. Inace, naravno da se bolje zivi u Londonu, ne mora da se krije od doktoranta sa LSEija.

Edited by Budja

Može biti da je gospođica ćerka Muhameda Abdulaziza, ministra spoljnih poslova slobodne Libije, koji je pod mrskim Gadafijem službovao kao diplomata u UN i u Beču?  :fantom:

Ne, to je sumrak zapadne civilizacije... Mogli su da se potrude i da nađu nekog Libijca koji je stvarno najebao pod Gadafijem.

Može biti da je gospođica ćerka Muhameda Abdulaziza, ministra spoljnih poslova slobodne Libije, koji je pod mrskim Gadafijem službovao kao diplomata u UN i u Beču?  :fantom:

Ne, to je sumrak zapadne civilizacije... Mogli su da se potrude i da nađu nekog Libijca koji je stvarno najebao pod Gadafijem.

Zasto?

Ovako je lakse.

Ne moras da imas novinara na terenu, prevodioca, izlazes se riziku...

nedokazan si... čovek ispravno kaže kako je po sredi stav 1 osobe, a ja dodajem kako svakodnevne vesti iz libije, više nego govore u prilog indukcijom dokazanoj tezi, da je tamo potpuni haos koji je direktna posledica intervencije

nedokazan si... čovek ispravno kaže kako je po sredi stav 1 osobe, a ja dodajem kako svakodnevne vesti iz libije, više nego govore u prilog indukcijom dokazanoj tezi, da je tamo potpuni haos koji je direktna posledica intervencije

Doduse ta 1 osobba i kaze "Lybians like me...". Sad, koliko Libijaca zivi u Londonu i studira na UCL, to ne znam.