IGNORED

Amerika, zemlja velika

Кристофер Лумумбо

14 hours ago, harper said:

Vecina u Srbiji ce je pamtiti po onome sto diplomate u internom zezanju zovu "Madleine's war", meni ce ostati u secanju po izjavi o irackim zrtvama zbog sankcija. Retko kad sam u zivotu cuo tako odvratnu, cinicnu i bolesnu izjavu. Zbog ovakvih pojava ponekad zazalim sto nisam religiozan i ne verujem u pakao, bila bi neka satisfakcija znati da tamo negde polaze racune za svoj na zlo i nesrecu protraceni zivot.

nije neki nalog ... al izjava je tacna

Edited by cedo
20 hours ago, mackenzie said:

"Kome se ja ne sviđam, taj je bio za razaranje Vukovara". Makes perfect sense. 

Ima i ono kad su je Česi napušavali na češkom u sred Praga, a ona ih odjebala sa "Get out, disgusting Serbs!" :D 

• Haha 1

Why We Need Wartime Dissent

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/23/opinion/ukraine-war-russia-dissent.html?searchResultPosition=1

On Sept. 14, 2001, the House of Representatives passed what was understood to be a declaration of war against the perpetrators of the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks, by a vote of 420 to 1. The one dissenter was Barbara Lee, Democrat of California. At the time, her protest vote seemed like embarrassing peacenik nonsense, an example of left-wing folly at a time of moral clarity and necessary war.

In recent days, since the invasion of Ukraine, the House has cast votes by similarly lopsided margins — 426 to 3 for a resolution urging various kinds of support for Kyiv, 424 to 8 to suspend normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus. The dissenters this time have been Republicans, a mixture of eccentric libertarians like Thomas Massie of Kentucky and crackpot populists like Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

Instead, President Biden’s team seems to be following a Cold War playbook of cautious proxy war rather than embracing sweeping Bushian ambitions. And for every would-be Curtis LeMay on cable television or in the White House press room, there are noted anti-populists like David French and Tom Nichols warning their readers about the dangers of escalation, the threat of nuclear war.

So I’m not here to offer three cheers for Massie or Greene or any other dissenter from our effort to support Ukraine. But having lived through the last two decades of failed American military efforts, and having watched as Lee’s lone vote in 2001 came to seem eventually like an admirable dissent rather than a far-left folly, I want to offer a single cheer, at least, for such dissent in present circumstances.

At the very least, it should be possible to disagree with the dissenters provisionally, and to reject the kind of anti-anti-Putinism to which they’re often tempted, without pretending that all the reasons to doubt the wisdom of our foreign policy establishment have suddenly evaporated.

Three connected realities, in particular, should guarantee the dissenters a place in the discussion. The first is simply the recent track record of American involvement in military struggles overseas. Since the Cold War’s end, whether we’ve put boots on the ground, dropped bombs or confined ourselves — as in Ukraine, so far — to arming combatants, our record of interventionism features numerous debacles, on the small scale of Somalia and Libya as well as the large scale of the Iraq war, and fewer unalloyed successes. If you made decisions retrospectively and reduced every case to a binary choice, “intervene or stay out,” the side saying “stay out” would generally have the better of the argument.

For a practical example of that folly from Republican politics, consider the G.O.P. Senate primary in Ohio, where J.D. Vance has been running as a populist traitor to the intelligentsia that helped make his “Hillbilly Elegy” a best seller. (Full disclosure: I used to have long conversations with Vance about the future of the G.O.P., if you’d like to hold me responsible for the tone of his campaign.) That populist pitch has included a strong dose of anti-interventionism, which led him to declare his indifference to “what happens to Ukraine,” relative to domestic concerns, just before Vladimir Putin gave the order to invade.

It’s a comment that has been highlighted and condemned by populism’s critics since the invasion, and in the recent Republican Senate debate Vance took predictable fire over the issue. But in the same debate the two candidates who are seemingly ahead of him in the polls, Mike Gibbons and Josh Mandel, both endorsed an improbable halfway kind of escalation — a no-fly zone somehow imposed by Europeans rather than Americans, with the idea that this would thread the needle between thwarting Russia and accidentally starting World War III.

It was an idea that only Vance wholeheartedly condemned, and he was right. Under wartime conditions, the escalatory fantasies of his rivals — have our European allies close Ukraine’s skies, and then when they get into a shooting war with Russia, we do … what? — carry a more immediate risk than the dangers of populist indifference, the flaws of

Dissent, the Bush-era left often proclaimed, is the highest form of patriotism. That may be overly dramatic and self-flattering. But at the very least we can say this much: In a context where elite mistakes and hawkish temptations could have atomic consequences, to read dissenters out of the debate makes the path to destruction much too wide and smooth for comfort.

Mislim da vredi pomenuti da je Bajdenov pik za Supreme court žena koja je bila javni branilac i regularno branila osudjene iz Gvantanama i Abu Graiba. Čak je isplivao neki podnesak gde je Buša i Ramsfelda nazvala ratnim zločincima. Republikanci lude, glume, napuštaju sednice, svega ima, vrlo zabavno za gledati.

Nešto čudno se sa Bajdenom desilo, u nekim situacijama stvarno kanališe unutrašnjeg Bernija. Ne bi ovakve pikove imao pre 20 godina sigurno. Valjda je toliko  mator i jedva živ pa ga ponekad boli djoka da više sluša bilo koga u DC i odluči nekad nešto i za svoju dušu.

• +1 4
12 minutes ago, Ivo Petović said:

Nešto čudno se sa Bajdenom desilo, u nekim situacijama stvarno kanališe unutrašnjeg Bernija.

Pa da, Sanders je još od one tamo kampanje krenuo da gradi reputaciju čoveka koji će jednog dana nominovati prvu crnu ženu za SCOTUS, braniteljku Gitmo zatočenika.

Na tome mu je ceo pokret počivao, i sad je plemeniti Biden nastavljač te ponosne tradicije.

giphy.gif

On 27.3.2022. at 0:13, Weenie Pooh said:

Pa da, Sanders je još od one tamo kampanje krenuo da gradi reputaciju čoveka koji će jednog dana nominovati prvu crnu ženu za SCOTUS, braniteljku Gitmo zatočenika.

Na tome mu je ceo pokret počivao, i sad je plemeniti Biden nastavljač te ponosne tradicije.

giphy.gif

O, što si dosadan, vidim da i na drugom topiku pominješ isto, pa ajde da ti odgovorim, iako sam uspešno ignorisao u početku.

Unutrašnji Berni je figure of speech koji se odnosi na levicu an ženeral, a ne na Bernija i to na čemu on gradi reputaciju.

"U nekim situacijama" nije figure of speech i u prevodu na naš jezik znači "u nekim situacijama".

Smanji posete twitteru, čitanje Griftvalda i Matea pre prve kafe, pošto vidim da si preuzeo tu naviku lovljenja reči u drugim postovima/twttovima i neuspešnog pokušaja poentiranja. To vreme izdvoj za nešto pametnije.

Hvala na savetima, ali kafa mi opasno trigeruje želudac u poslednje vreme. 

Nije nikakvo lovljenje reči u pitanju, samo mi je beskrajno zabavan taj cope pristup putem kog se vladajućim strukturama učitava unutarnja levica :D Nisi jedini koji to radi, naravno, ta tragična tendencija je široko prihvaćena. Meni to ilustruje nemoć, tj. ispraznu manifestaciju želje za moć - pobeđujemo, ljudi, evo vidite, naše ideje™ najzad imaju prođu!

Dakle, slobodno pripisuj Bajdenovo nezapočinjanje Trećeg svetskog rata nekakvom fantomskom uticaju antiratne levice na njegovu podsvest, na volju ti. (Edit: nadovezujem na priču sa drugog topika, naravno.)

Dozvolićeš da manje zablentavljeni među nama u stavu Bele kuće vide samo kontinuiet spoljne politike prema prisutan tokom poslednje decenije, ako ne i duže . Puštanje Rusije da se ekonomski i politički samoubije na ukrajinskoj hridi, to je realpolitik potez koji bi komotno aminovale i Trampova i Obamina administracija. Jedina razlika je u tome što bi isti potez bio tumačen kao pro-ruski i fašističko-izdajnički da ga je povukao narandžasti orangutan, dok u demokratskoj verziji predstavlja mudro i savesno levičarenje :sleep:

@Ivo Petović

Edited by Weenie Pooh
  • +1 1

Ko je uopšte pominjao spoljnu politiku? Rasprava je počela od imenovanja žene koja je branila osuđene u Gitmu na jedno od najvažnijih mesta u državi.

Ako misliš da bi i Tramp to uradio ili da je Ejmi Koni Beret isto što i ova mlada dama, i da je sve relativno i sve je isto, a nebitno, i zabrana abortusa u 21. veku i šta sad, svisuisti...onda ništa...čike u kaputima će prvo takve da kupe : P

• +1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Tpojka locked and unlocked this topic
  • James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic
  • Tpojka featured and unfeatured this topic