IGNORED

Astronomija - opšta tema

Jolly Roger

zlhaturtkfowbd4rtzwi.jpg

When we first saw this image we were astounded at the spectacular level of detail. HL Tauri is no more than a million years old, yet already its disc appears to be full of forming planets. This one image alone will revolutionize theories of planet formation.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/revolutionary-photo-clearly-shows-star-system-forming-f-1655402699

Edited by Dionysos

Sutra uveče, posle 10 godina leta, nekolicine sporednih zadataka i trogodišnje hibernacije, Rosetta koja poslednjih par meseci orbitira oko komete Churyumov-Gerasimenko će pokušati da na nju spusti lender Philae.

Comet_on_4_November_NavCam.jpg

Webcast

Facebook

Twitter

hashtag: #CometLanding

Images

Exciting times!

NAVCAM_top_10_at_10_km_10_node_full_imag

One observation has taken the RPC scientists somewhat by surprise. The comet seems to be emitting a ‘song’ in the form of oscillations in the magnetic field in the comet’s environment. It is being sung at 40-50 millihertz, far below human hearing, which typically picks up sound between 20 Hz and 20 kHz. To make the music audible to the human ear, the frequencies have been increased by a factor of about 10,000.

https://soundcloud.com/esaops/a-singing-comet

The music was heard clearly by the magnetometer experiment (RPC-Mag) for the first time in August, when Rosetta drew to within 100 km of 67P/C-G. The scientists think it must be produced in some way by the activity of the comet, as it releases neutral particles into space where they become electrically charged due to a process called ionisation. But the precise physical mechanism behind the oscillations remains a mystery.
“This is exciting because it is completely new to us. We did not expect this and we are still working to understand the physics of what is happening,” says Karl-Heinz.

“The cold gas thruster on top of the lander does not appear to be working so we will have to rely fully on the harpoons at touchdown,”says Stephan Ulamec, Philae Lander Manager at the DLR German Aerospace Center.

Nemacki mediji prenose i izjavu direktora ESA da je sansa uspesnog sletanja bez motora 50-50.

fingers crossed!

B2P0ahhCUAAQrda.jpg

Prva fotka sa lendera posle odvajanja

B2PvOcICQAMSJbC.jpg

Klim Ivanovych Churyumov, polovina dua koji je otkrio kometu 1969. takodje u ESA centru danas.

B2P8L6vCMAAulLG.png

A tu je i (posredstvom video linka) drugarica Svetlana Ivanovna Gerasimenko.

U medjuvremenu, stigla je i prva fotka lendera u spuštanju...

B2P8HgTCQAAuIbB.jpg

Edited by Skyhighatrist