IGNORED

Coronavirus Covid-19 - opšta tema

Skyhighatrist

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html?__source=twitter|main

Coronavirus patients without symptoms aren’t driving the spread of the virus, World Health Organization officials said Monday, casting doubt on concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections. 

Preliminary evidence from the earliest outbreaks indicated that the virus could spread from person-to-person contact, even if the carrier didn’t have symptoms. But WHO officials now say that while asymptomatic spread can occur, it is not the main way it’s being transmitted. 

“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said at a news briefing from the United Nations agency’s Geneva headquarters. “It’s very rare.”

21 hours ago, napadaj said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html?__source=twitter|main

Coronavirus patients without symptoms aren’t driving the spread of the virus, World Health Organization officials said Monday, casting doubt on concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections. 

Preliminary evidence from the earliest outbreaks indicated that the virus could spread from person-to-person contact, even if the carrier didn’t have symptoms. But WHO officials now say that while asymptomatic spread can occur, it is not the main way it’s being transmitted. 

“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said at a news briefing from the United Nations agency’s Geneva headquarters. “It’s very rare.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/06/09/coronavirus-who-walks-back-comments-asymptomatic-spread/5325282002/

clown-1495549-1266404.png

In a study of blood donations researchers in Hamburg only less than one percent antibodies to the coronavirus found. According to the press release of the University Medical Center Eppendorf (UKE), there are no indications of an existing immunity among the population. In the past three months, around 900 blood samples have been tested for antibodies to the Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus. 

Imunitet krda nepostojeći

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

U skladu sa karantinom za dolazne putnike u UK koji je poceo pre dva dana ! ide ova vest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52993734

Coronavirus was brought into the UK on at least 1,300 separate occasions, a major analysis of the genetics of the virus shows.

The study, by the Covid-19 Genomics UK consortium (Cog-UK), completely quashes the idea that a single "patient zero" started the whole UK outbreak.

The analysis also finds China, where the pandemic started, had a negligible impact on cases in the UK.

Instead those initial cases came mostly from European countries. 

The researchers analysed the genetic code of viral samples taken from more than 20,000 people infected with coronavirus in the UK.

Then, like a gigantic version of a paternity test, the geneticists attempted to piece together the virus's massive family tree. 

This was combined with data on international travel to get to the origins of the UK epidemic.

I moj omiljeni pasus:

The study showed that less than 0.1% of those imported cases came directly from China. Instead the UK's coronavirus epidemic was largely initiated by travel from Italy in late February, Spain in early-to-mid-March and then France in mid-to-late-March.

I zato, sada karantin u pocetku-sredini juna :isuse:

Link za studiju:

https://virological.org/t/preliminary-analysis-of-sars-cov-2-importation-establishment-of-uk-transmission-lineages/507

We’ve been told alternatively to not wear masks, to wear masks, to stay home, and to get out and reinvigorate the economy. Hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir both got our hopes up but now have largely fizzled. We’ve heard estimates that as many as two million Americans will die and now, with 100,000 deaths, we’ve heard we’re near the end of the crisis. Is a vaccination forthcoming?  How likely we to get the disease? What exactly should we do with our aging parents who are at the most risk?

To get some clear answers, I called Michael Osterholm, PhD, MPH, an internationally known expert in infectious disease epidemiology who has advised both Democratic and Republican Presidents. I know Dr. Osterholm from the University of Minnesota (our academic partner for the first Blue Zones explorations) where he serves as the Director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy. He has also served as interim Director of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

https://www.bluezones.com/2020/06/covid-19-straight-answers-from-top-epidemiologist-who-predicted-the-pandemic?fbclid=IwAR0SDKuTC4f1gABHxhjzWxjIuW3-uKdfzTVXlDuV_0DCrLz_-ba5-IpIygQ

Edited by dùda

Posljeratna generacija baby boomersa ce nas dokrajciti. Zivjeli su i najvecem ekonomskom bumu i imali najvise slobode. Kada su zaradili dovoljno para, smanjili su poreze na bogate. Sada u veijeme virusa posto su najugroženiji, zaustavljamo ekonomiju da bi ih spasili...

32 minutes ago, borris_ said:

Posljeratna generacija baby boomersa ce nas dokrajciti. Zivjeli su i najvecem ekonomskom bumu i imali najvise slobode. Kada su zaradili dovoljno para, smanjili su poreze na bogate. Sada u veijeme virusa posto su najugroženiji, zaustavljamo ekonomiju da bi ih spasili...

E da, lapot je iz raja izašao. Postoji oproban način da se ne dođe u položaj baby boomersa.

7 hours ago, dvb-t manijak said:

I Šveđani treba da tuže Tegnela.

5 hours ago, jms_uk said:

U skladu sa karantinom za dolazne putnike u UK koji je poceo pre dva dana ! ide ova vest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52993734

I moj omiljeni pasus:

The study showed that less than 0.1% of those imported cases came directly from China. Instead the UK's coronavirus epidemic was largely initiated by travel from Italy in late February, Spain in early-to-mid-March and then France in mid-to-late-March.

I zato, sada karantin u pocetku-sredini juna :isuse:

I ovde rade rekapitulacije, pa je u Heraldu bio izveštaj iz dva dela, drugi deo je bio juče, ja sam izvukao par pasusa interesantnih za situaciju u UK:

'I see the full horror show': How Australia navigated the twin crises of COVID-19

The media and Morrison's political opponents had seized on divisions between the Prime Minister and some state premiers, who five days earlier appeared to push him further than he was planning on social distancing restrictions.

Some of those critics would accuse him of implementing a herd immunity strategy - letting a large number of people catch a disease and hence develop immunity to it. Privately he referred to such an approach as "unconscionable".

The select group of journalists invited to the exclusive briefings would keep much of the detail of their initial 90-minute discussion to themselves. But they would later remark on the agony and exhaustion on the Prime Minister's face when discussing balancing the twin crises.

Andrews told the meeting he believed all returned travellers should be sent to empty hotels for 14 days and their quarantine strictly enforced. There could be no negotiation. It was the only option possible on a health front and it would have the added bonus of throwing some extra support the way of the industry.

He said he was alarmed at the number of return travellers flouting instructions. "This is simply a no-brainer," he told fellow leaders, according to those on the video link call. "We can't afford not to."

The decisions would prove to be the turning point. Weeks later Murphy, appearing before a Senate committee hearing, was asked what, if anything, he would have done differently during that March madness.

"I would like to have formally hotel quarantined people a little earlier," he replied.

More than 117,000 travellers have returned since that decision, the overwhelming majority placed in hotels in capital cities for two weeks and monitored by state police forces and even the defence force to ensure they stayed put.

SaE