IGNORED

šta štampa vaša lokalna štampa

Viloticka

Opet studenti.http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/indian-student-visa-applications-fall-by-half-20100106-lubt.htmlThe data also shows that overall student visa applications dropped by 26 per cent. Applications from Nepal plummeted 85 per cent, from 5696 to 845, while those from Korea, Brazil and the United States each dipped by about 20 per cent.The latest Immigration Department data, for the period from July to October 31, shows a 46 per cent drop in overseas student visa applications from India compared with the same period in 2008.The data also shows that overall student visa applications dropped by 26 per cent. Applications from Nepal plummeted 85 per cent, from 5696 to 845, while those from Korea, Brazil and the United States each dipped by about 20 per cent.Dr Withers said he was more concerned by immigration data showing interest from China may be softening, and may be related to warnings published by the Chinese Government last year about the quality of some Australian colleges.Education is Australia's second most valuable export after metals.Education is Victoria's biggest export, worth more than $4 billion a year. Crce krava muzara, muzu, a smanjuju ispasu u nedogled.

Edited by noskich
  • Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• bus

• iDemo

• jms_uk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Jerry and me: A decade of correspondence with J.D. Salinger

At 15, I regularly wrote letters to people I admired -- former presidents, National Geographic writers, the actor George C. Scott. My first (gushing) letter to Jerry was, of course, to tell him how much I loved his books, but, also, I solicited his opinion about something that troubled me. I knew a family that had a very large print of Picasso's "Guernica" hanging in their dining room. I wrote that it was beyond me how anyone could actually eat dinner in the same room with a painting that depicted such horrific suffering from war, and, moreover, I didn't even think it was a very good painting.Jerry wrote back to thank me for my letter and told me he enjoyed it, which made it "only fair if you've enjoyed my books." He agreed with me "wholeheartedly about Picasso," and it seemed to him "that a bright and really smart boy or girl might have shown a much less sophomoric bent for red-hot satire."He closed the letter with a statement that elated me for months: "You're not a fifteen-year-old girl to worry over, and I take a certain amount of cheer from that. ... I mean that you sound fine, and better than fine. ... Hurray for that."Thus began our correspondence.

WALNUT CREEK, CA (KGO) -- Starbucks is getting some unwanted attention and it has nothing to do with its coffee. Starbucks is in the cross hairs of an organization that works to prevent gun violence because of its policy. The average night for Bay Area Open Carry member Jon Schwartz involves having a cup of coffee with friends while carrying a gun. He is not a police officer, but he believes in his right to bear arms. He and other open gun carriers frequent Starbucks. They met in Antioch last week. Unlike Peet's Coffee and California Pizza Kitchen, which have policies banning anyone with firearms from entering their businesses, Starbucks does not. "Starbucks is being socially irresponsible," says Karen Anrtzn from the Brady Campaign. The Brady Campaign to prevent gun violence is outraged. On Friday, the campaign started an online petition to push Starbucks to enact a gun-free policy and 15,000 people, nationwide, have signed up. "We're certainly warning people that this is not a family-friendly environment when lethal weapons are on the premises," says Arntzen. "I believe by them trying to strong arm a business to changing their business practices because of a perceived fear or perceived problem is just not right," says Schwartz. But the perception has already caused problems. Livermore police responded after someone reported a man with a gun. It was a compliant open carrier, which means his gun was not loaded. "It's a tough position to put these uniformed police officers in, to have these folks running around with guns on their hips," says attorney Michael Rains. Rains represents several police officers who have complained open carriers cause confusion. The group has already notified Walnut Creek police about a lunch they are holding at the Buckhorn Grill. Saturday will be the first meeting for open carriers in the city of Walnut Creek. ABC7 did attempt to contact the manager of the Buckhorn Grill three times on Friday, but he did not return the calls. (Copyright ©2010 KGO-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

A £40,000 car which once belonged to criminals in Glasgow is now being used by the police in the fight against serious crime.The black AS7 TDI Quattro S-Line was seized by officers from Strathclyde police during an operation against a criminal gang in the north of the city. The 4x4 car has now been emblazoned with the force's livery and will be used by the Gangs Task Force. This is the first time Strathclyde Police has used a confiscated vehicle. Assistant Chief Constable John Neilson said: "I would say to the criminals that what you have this week; your houses, your cars - you might not have next week. "The hard working, law abiding citizens need to know that we are hurting those involved in serious and organised crime where it matters - their pockets. "These criminals are fast realising that they are not above the law. They may think that they are getting away with it, but we are determined to make a long-term impact in this area."
_47434003_seizedcar466by300.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Na sta se (i kako) trosi novac poreskih obveznika :isuse:NYPD army and fleet of cars take down Manhattan's little coyoteBoy, that was one tough collar!The NYPD took a break from catching criminals yesterday and turned their sights on the wily coyote that had slipped through their fingers for two days -- with an army of 30 officers, dozens of squad cars and a chopper joining forces to finally corner and capture the elusive pup.With a police response befitting a terror attack, the cops captured the terrified, 30-pound critter after a wild chase through lower Manhattan and a hair-raising standoff in a TriBeCa parking garage.It's believed the 1-year-old female was the same fuzzy woodland creature that gave the cops the slip Wednesday afternoon. Officers first spotted the cunning canine yesterday as it took a leisurely stroll near West and Hubert streets. As it scurried north for four blocks, more and more cops joined the chase.They ultimately surrounded the dodgy dog at a parking lot at West and Watts streets, despite its last-ditch effort to escape by hiding under a Nissan.Not willing to let the coyote slip out of their grasp, the officers barricaded the street and erected an impenetrable "security perimeter." An officer then brought the frustrating hunt to an end by sticking a tranquilizer gun under the car and nailing the creature."It seemed like the coyote was getting tired out," said Detective James Coll of the Emergency Service Unit, who pulled the trigger. "We found him underneath one of the cars on the lot. He was actually quite tired."Detective Robert Mirfield, who assisted in the capture, said officers still weren't going to take chances with the doped-up animal, originally thought to be a male, but later determined to be female."We waited for him to calm down," he said. "[The sleep drug] doesn't work immediately. You don't want to dart him and have him run away. And then we put an animal noose around his neck."Once the coyote had been safely stowed inside an animal carrier, a phalanx of a dozen cops proudly paraded the knocked-out animal -- its tongue lolling out of its mouth -- through the crowd.The department said the wild chase began with just six officers in three vehicles "officially" radioing in that they were in hot pursuit, but witnesses said it quickly grew to an armada of 30 cops and an air unit giving chase.It was such a flood of men and women in blue that the manager of the Erik Parking facility feared that the world was coming to an end."I thought maybe there was something in the car, like a bomb or something," said Eklas Chowdhury, 43. "I was shocked when they were looking under the car. There were at least 30 police. Some were undercover police, men and women."I was worried. A whole lot of things were coming into my mind."As dozens of police vehicles screeched into the lot, drivers along West Street pulled over left and right to get out of the way of what they were sure was a major criminal pursuit."They had a lot of rescue trucks, maybe 40 police cars," said Amrik Singh, 55, a cabdriver who saw the commotion. "It took about half an hour. There were helicopters hovering overhead."Once corralled, the coyote was taken to the ASPCA facility in East Harlem, where it was examined and given a rabies shot. The cagey canine was found to be in good health, said Robert Gentles, spokesman for NYC Animal Care & Control.A source said the coyote will be "released in a city park that possesses a more suitable natural habitat to avoid stressing the coyote and disturbing its relocation process." The park was not identified.It will be fitted with a microchip to track its movements.ASPCA workers said they nicknamed the coyote "Wally." The coyote eventually came to and was walking around apparently in good spirits."She woke up from the tranquilizer," said one worker, who identified himself only as Chris. "She's like a wild animal, but she hasn't tried to attack us."It was the third time this month that New York's Finest were called upon to capture a wild coyote running loose on the West Side.Cops first spotted "Wally" on Wednesday when she loped out of the Holland Tunnel and led them on a merry chase before escaping.On March 3, officers thought they had cornered a coyote spotted racing around Chelsea. But when they tried to grab it on a pier at West 23rd Street, the sly dog managed to slip their grip.There have also been coyote sightings on the Columbia University campus and in Central Park in FebruaryWhen asked if he thought the coyote lived up to the reputation of the famed animated roadrunner chaser, Wile E. Coyote, Coll disagreed."He didn't seem too wily by the time we found him," he said.Additional reporting by Rebecca Rosenberg and Murray Weisstodd.venezia@nypost.comcoyote2--300x300.jpgcoyote--500x380.jpgcoyote7--500x380.jpgnypd_coyote--300x300.jpgBar ce nam se Luc osecati sigurnije :P

prodavac u montrealu je tvrdio da je sapun sa ugraviranom svastikom koji se moze naći u lokalnoj prodavnici napravljen od žrtava holokausta :ph34r:, za šta nema dokaza. policija sprovodi istragu nakon ovih tvrdnji: klik.

• 1 month later...