• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• aram

• bad music for bad people

• maheem

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eddie did indeed go on to jam with Limp Bizkit at a house in Beverly Hills, but abruptly split the session after people there began smoking pot, leaving his guitar and amp behind. Bennett recounted Eddie saying the experience was like being "a scholar amongst kindergartners."

Things went even further south when Eddie tried contacting Durst the next day to retrieve his gear, and received no reply.

“Eddie once bought an assault vehicle from a military auction,” Bennett writes, via Ultimate Classic Rock. “It has a shine gun mount on the back and is not legal. Eddie drove that assault vehicle through L.A., into Beverly Hills, then parked and left it running on the front lawn of the house Limp Bizkit was rehearsing in.

“He got out wearing no shirt, his hair in a Samurai bun on top of his head, his jeans held up with a strand of rope and combat boots held together by duct tape. And he had a gun in his hand.”

Bennett says he recalls Eddie telling him, “That asshole answered the door. I put my gun to that stupid fucking red hat of his, and I said, ‘Where’s my shit, motherfucker?’ That fucking guy just turned to one of his employees and starts yelling at him to grab my shit.”

He continues, “Eddie Van Halen stood on the front lawn of a residential home in Beverly Hills in broad daylight, smoking a cigarette while holding a gun on Fred Durst as he went back and forth from the house to the assault vehicle, lugging amps and guitars.”

Počivaj u miru, Edi.

RIP Edi. Sećam se kad sam počinjao da sviram gitaru i "kurčio se" sa par solaža da me je sestri ortak, par godina stariji, "spustio" pred 20 ljudi da sam niko i ništa ako ne znam Eruption. Tih dana sam baš bio smoren, kao i sinoć kad sam čuo vest.