IGNORED

Толстый и тонкий

Ryan Franco

Alexander Dugin – A Russian scarecrow

Published on Monday, 20 March 2017 10:10

An interview with Andreas Umland, Institute for Euro-Atlantic Cooperation in Kyiv. Interview originally conducted by Rzeczpospolita (Poland).

RZECZPOSPOLITA: Can we call Alexander Dugin a fascist?

ANDREAS UMLAND: Dugin has explicitly and implicitly expressed numerous times his deep appreciation for fascism – including institutions and representatives of the SS (Schutzstaffel), such as the occultist Forschungsgemeinschaft Deutsches Ahnenerbe (Research Society for the German Heritage of Ancestors) co-founded by Herman Wirth (1885-1981), or the SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich (1904-1942) whom Dugin once called a “convinced Eurasianist”, thereby making Heydrich a precursor of his own International Eurasian Movement (Международное «Евразийское Движение»). Dugin has enthusiastically predicted the rise of a Russian true “fascist fascism” in his article "Fascism – borderless and red". In some regards, he is – in doing so – similar to the Italian SS-admirer Julius Evola (1898-1974) whom Dugin read and who, like Dugin, criticised historic fascism for being insufficiently radical and not fascist enough. While the “neo-Eurasianist” is obfuscating his ideology as “conservatism” or a non-fascist “fourth political theory,” Dugin’s entire ideology is expressly fascist in that it aims for a radically new-born, ultra-nationalistic (though not ethnocentric) Russia and, indeed, world.

How big of an impact does Dugin’s ideology have on Vladimir Putin and Russian politicians? Does the Kremlin believe in Eurasianism and the fourth political theory – or do they just skilfully use fragments of this ideology?

Dugin has no direct influence on Putin and other leading politicians, with the partial exceptions of Vladimir Yakunin and Sergei Glazyev, which could be considered a part of Putin's inner circle. However, Dugin exerts a significant amount of indirect influence on Russian politics via his enormous activism in book publishing, networking, media appearances and international affairs. He is one of Russia's major right-wing extremist theoreticians and widely read in the ultra-nationalist milieu in- and outside Russia. The Kremlin exploits figures like Dugin, Vladimir Zhirinovsky and others to present itself as a more moderate political force within Russia and in its foreign policies. Dugin and others like him play for the regime important roles of scarecrows, detractors, middlemen, communicators, drummers etc., yet they are not the regime’s ideologists.

Is Dugin listened only in Russia, or does he also have supporters in Europe and elsewhere?

He has a certain influence on the western lunatic fringe, yet for many European right-wing populists, Dugin is too extreme. He is considered, however, within the western anti-liberal intellectual circles as a theoretician. Apparently Steve Bannon, who is a key Donald Trump advisor, is aware of Dugin's ideas. Dugin may be exerting his strongest political effect currently within Russian-Turkish relations, after he seems to have recently played some role in the restoration of close ties between Moscow and Ankara. This episode though remains understudied, and needs to be researched in more detail.

Is the United States still the main opponent for Dugin or after choosing Trump, the perception has changed?

Dugin was an enthusiastic supporter of Trump during the campaign and has since Trump’s victory modified his hitherto unqualified anti-Americanism significantly. One suspects, however, that Dugin's embrace of Donald Trump happened not so much because Dugin likes Trump, but rather because he sees Trump as an anti-liberal virus who divides and potentially even destroys the West as a unified international actor.

What is the source of Dugin’s inspiration for his writing of The Foundations of Geopolitics? Is it only 20th century Eurasianists?

When Dugin wrote his most important book by the mid-1990s, he was familiar with Russia's classical Eurasianists. At that time, however, he was mainly inspired by various non-Russian, anti-liberal schools including Western Integral Traditionalism, the Weimar Republic’s Conservative Revolution, Italian Fascism, Anglo-Saxon geopolitics, German Nazism, British Satanism, continental National Bolshevism and the post-1968 European New Right. Russian ideas from Slavophilism, classical Eurasianism, Orthodox millennialism, as well as from Lev Gumilev's neo-racist theories have served Dugin mainly to "Russify" already previously held beliefs. These were and are radically anti-Western, yet paradoxically mainly shaped by authors from Western European countries, above all from Italy, Germany, and France.

Is the fourth political theory based on new thinking or is it just a combination of communism, fascism and liberalism which Dugin has connected?

The term “fourth political theory” mainly serves the purpose to disassociate Duginism from German Nazism and Italian Fascism. It is a softer version of his earlier writings from the 1990s, and reformulates his ideas in a less obviously neo-fascist form.

Meni i ovo sad malo besmisleno. Teroristi napadaju i ubijaju ljude, i onda se određene zgrade tako boje malo ovim malo onim bojama.

Dagmar,

Postoje ljudi i ljudi.​ Ako su ljudi iz FRA ili Belgije, onda se pokazuje solidarnost. Ako su ljudi iz Nigerije, Sirije, Libana, Iraka, Pakistana, Rusije, Izreala, ... onda se nalazi opravdanje za napade, ili se zrtve ignorisu.

Pozdrav,

X500

Dagmar,

Postoje ljudi i ljudi.​ Ako su ljudi iz FRA ili Belgije, onda se pokazuje solidarnost. Ako su ljudi iz Nigerije, Sirije, Libana, Iraka, Pakistana, Rusije, Izreala, ... onda se nalazi opravdanje za napade, ili se zrtve ignorisu.

Pozdrav,

X500

Zaboravio si bolji primer - ljudi su ono sto ubijaju americki dronovi a "ljudi" ginu od ruskih bombi. Zato je Obama zlocinac a Putin je strateg.

Meni i ovo sad malo besmisleno. Teroristi napadaju i ubijaju ljude, i onda se određene zgrade tako boje malo ovim malo onim bojama.

Dagmar,

Pozdrav,

X500

A ima i ono - ovi su "teroristi" (terrorists) a oni su "borci za slobodu" (freedom fighters) pa je i logicno™ da ima razlike, ne? 

Posle odgledanog Vice-a koji se bavio polozajem LGBT populacije, narocito posle donosenja zakona o zabrani homoseksulane propagande, mogu samo da kazem da Eraser nije bio u pravu kada je rusiju nazvao benzinskom pumpom na cijem celu je mafija. Ipak je to fasisticka benzinska pumpa koju vodi mafija.

Posle odgledanog Vice-a koji se bavio polozajem LGBT populacije, narocito posle donosenja zakona o zabrani homoseksulane propagande, mogu samo da kazem da Eraser nije bio u pravu kada je rusiju nazvao benzinskom pumpom na cijem celu je mafija. Ipak je to fasisticka benzinska pumpa koju vodi mafija.

Prica ide sve dublje i dublje:

Gay Chechens Give Accounts Of Roundups, Beatings, Extortion

Said

In October, Said says, he was set up by friends he had known for 1 1/2 years. They had been regular guests at his home in the Chechen capital, Grozny, and they had spoken openly about various topics. Then came the blackmail -- one day they demanded 2.5 million rubles ($44,000) from him, threatening to publish audio and video evidence of his homosexuality if he didn't pay up.

He decided not to. He sold his car and fled Chechnya -- first for Krasnodar and then for Moscow, telling everyone he had emigrated to Europe.

In January, however, he returned to Grozny for family reasons. He promptly left, he says, but not before he was seen by police acquainted with his blackmailers. "Mom called and told me officers were asking for me. Then they took the phone from her and [a man called and] asked where I was," he says. "I replied that I was in Krasnodar. He said, 'Let me send a car for you, come here.'"

Said says he knew exactly why they were contacting him and declined to travel to meet them. Then, he alleges, police officers took his brother hostage and threatened not to release him until Said returned to Grozny. That evening, Said says, he received a call from his sister and other relatives; they were trying to persuade him to return.

"Mom didn't know anything about me and what had happened. At the beginning, I couldn't tell her, but then I admitted that I'm gay. She said: 'That's not a problem, just come here. We know you didn't do anything bad, and they're saying that if everything they say about you is untrue then they will apologize before every member of the family.' But I realized that they wanted to lure me in to obtain information from me and then simply kill me."

One of Said's relatives, an officer, called him. "I knew that he knew and I told him: 'I'm gay.' He replied, 'I know, there is nothing left but to kill you.' I told him, 'OK I'll come, but promise that you will kill me without coming near me.' He wouldn't make that promise because he knew that they needed my acquaintances' contact details."

Said never returned home, and today he is in a European country. He has ceased all contact with his family. He says he used to hear news of his family through an acquaintance from Grozny. He was told that the police had, in fact, detained his brother, and that every day police and officers of the Interior Ministry's SOBR special-police unit would come to the house and pressure his relatives, demanding that they persuade him to return.

Unfortunately, he says, he has since lost his connection home, and has no idea what is happening with his family. He can't phone his relatives, he says, because he is afraid their phones are tapped.

Said says that many of his homosexual acquaintances disappeared from social networks in February and March -- around the time that Novaya Gazeta and human rights groups say that a new wave of persecution against homosexuals began. Some, he suggests, must be lying low. Others, he fears, might have fallen victim to the antigay campaign.

"One of my friends was arrested in December. Then they let him go, and he gave up all his friends," Said says. "The last time I spoke to him two weeks ago, he cried that they had again come for him and were looking for him. I don't know where he is now."

Another acquaintance was returned to his family by officers on the condition they kill him. "His uncle killed him. I know this for sure. He was 20 or 21 years old," Said says.

Ima jos na linku iznad. Podseca na neka vremena koja smo mislili da su za nama.

MOSCOW (AP) — The European Court of Human Rights ruled Thursday that Russia failed to adequately protect victims of a 2004 school siege in the city of Beslan that left more than 330 people dead, a verdict that Moscow said it would appeal.

The France-based court said authorities did not take necessary preventive measures to save lives. It said the security forces' use of tank cannon, grenade launchers and flame-throwers contributed to casualties among the hostages. It also noted failures to increase security before the attack despite imminent threats against schools in the area.

I procenjena trzisna vrednost:

The court ordered that Russia pay nearly 3 million euros ($3.2 million) in total compensation to the 409 Russians who brought the case to the ECHR; they include people who were taken hostage, or injured or are relatives of the hostages or those killed and injured.

Prica ide sve dublje i dublje:

Gay Chechens Give Accounts Of Roundups, Beatings, Extortion

Ima jos na linku iznad. Podseca na neka vremena koja smo mislili da su za nama.

Kadirovljevljevljev portparol kaže da je to sve propaganda i laž i da u Čečniji nema gej ljudi

Alvi Karimov, spokesman for Kadyrov, has denounced the reports of anti-gay operations in Chechnya as “absolute lies and disinformation”, insisting that there are no gay people in Chechnya to round up. “You cannot detain and persecute people who simply do not exist in the republic,” he told Interfax news agency.

-_-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/13/they-called-us-animals-chechens-prison-beatings-electric-shocks-anti-gay-purge

• Krošek pinned this topic
  • Krošek unpinned this topic
  • Redoran locked and unlocked this topic
  • James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic