99 members have voted

1. 1. da sam podanik krune, glasao bih za:

• jednookog skotskog idiota (broon)
    • aristokratskog humanoida (cameron)
    • dosadnog liberala (clegg)
    • patriotski blok (ukip ili bnp)

This poll is closed to new votes

Pol Mejson:

Reports firming that Johnson, under pressure of EU deadline, is doing a major climbdown on Brexit, to allow Northern Ireland to remain inside the Customs Union. What it means

1/ The No Deal bluster produced nothing. Zilch. Diddly Squat...

2/ Johnson and Cummings are genuinely terrified of the Benn Act forcing them into an extension of Article 50 - so they are preparing their own extension on the pretext of having to get this deal thru Parliament...

3/ Whether Johnson gets this deal thru Parliament or not (and I doubt it) ... he is taking a major step towards a United Ireland. Those of us who've supported that, on the basis of cross-community consent, should register that...

4/ If there is still no commitment to a level playing field with the EU single market, then a) I doubt the EU27 can sign the deal b) no Labour MP can back it. However...

5/ If the deal retains the possibility of Britain remaining aligned to the Single Market, I cannot see the ERG backing it either...

6/ Once the text is public, and the A50 extension agreed, there is no further need for Labour/SNP/PC/G to keep on the hook - the opposition needs to collapse the government with a VONC right after the Queen's Speech is defeated...

7/ Never mind if the dithering Tories and the Libdem don't want a Corbyn-led minority government. Let them live with the consequences of allowing Johnson to stay PM during the election...

8/ However the preferred route must still be an interim government. If there is a Johnson deal, that government could add a Kyle-Wilson amendment ITSELF, calling a referendum on Johnson's deal versus Remain...

9/ To reiterate: any Labour MP who walks thru the lobby with this racist liar, on the grounds of "any deal is better", needs to have the whip withdrawn and a new candidate selected immediately.

10/ Awaiting the text but, in summary, Johnson has retreated further than Theresa May and collapsed like a 6th form soufflé because - of his own making - he imploded his own party and lost control of Parliament. More later...

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1184125136531836928

15 hours ago, dragance said:

Skoro pa isti dil kao Mejovka. Kakva blamaža Borisa!

Zapravo kao dil koji Mejovka nije htela. NI-only backstop. Samo drugačije nazvan, uz jednu razliku, a to da će NI de jure biti UK carinska teritorija (ali de fakto EU) i da će na konto toga UK refundirati carinske (i ostale?) troškove biznisima koji ,,uvoze" iz GB u NI i prodaju samo u NI (tj. za proizvode koji ne idu dalje u Irsku i ostatak EU). Plus će postojati neka vrsta ,,demokratske potvrde" ovog aranžmana u NI, ali ne onako kako je Džonson tražio na početku.

EU-UK deal pretty much done, awaits UK government approval - EU sources

OCTOBER 16, 2019 / 6:02 PM

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A tentative, technical Brexit deal between the European Union and Britain was largely ready in Brussels on Wednesday afternoon and awaited an “overall backing” but the government in London, said sources with bloc.

“The level playing field and customs are agreed. Consent by the Northern Irish assembly every four years,” said an EU official.

An EU diplomat confirmed that was the case, with just some haggling remaining on VAT arrangements.

“Plus an overall backing from the British government is needed to launch it all,” the person said.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-deal/eu-uk-deal-pretty-much-done-awaits-uk-government-approval-eu-sources-idUKKBN1WV24R?rpc=401&

Boris Johnson tells Tory MPs he's 'close to Everest summit' on Brexit deal 'but it's shrouded in mist'

Written by: Alain Tolhurst Posted On: 16th October 2019

Boris Johnson has told Tory MPs he is “close to the summit” on a Brexit deal but it “is still shrouded in mist”.

The Prime Minister gave an update to the backbench 1922 Committee in Parliament claiming he is close to getting an agreement with Brussels ahead of tomorrow’s crunch EU summit.

However he failed to provide any detail to his fellow Conservatives, with hard-line Brexiteers saying they will need to see the legal text before voting in favour of it.

Mr Johnson made a flying visit to the committee, spending less than five minutes updating colleagues on the progress in the talks, with MPs describing it afterwards as “vintage Boris”.

One MP said the PM told them: “We’re not quite at the summit, we’re at the Hillary step on the way up Mount Everest, the summit is not far, but at the moment it is still shrouded in mist.”

The Hillary step was known as the most technically difficult part of climbing the world’s tallest mountain, but the nearly vertical rock face close to the peak was destroyed by an earthquake in 2015.

The PM has been having a number of meetings with the DUP and the ERG group of Tory Eurosceptics as he tries to win the backing of MPs for a deal.

He is expected to travel to Brussels on Thursday to get it ratified by the other 27 EU countries before bringing it back for a vote in Parliament on Saturday.

The Government has tabled a motion for both the House of Commons and the House of Lords to sit from 9.30am till 2pm, the first weekend sitting since the Falklands War in 1982.

He will need the support of the ERG for any deal to pass, but its chairman Steve Baker said their votes were not guaranteed yet.

“Well, let’s not get ahead of ourselves until there’s a legal text we’re not going to make a decision,” Mr Baker told reporters outside the 1922 meeting.

“I’m afraid we’ve come this far, Eurosceptics always pay attention to meticulous, tedious analysis of the detail of legal texts - and that’s what we’re going to do.”

He added: “If I’m not shown the legal text I will vote no.”

That was echoed by its deputy chair Mark Francois and another leading Brexiteers Bernard Jenkin and Iain Duncan Smith.

“You’d need a legal text to get it through. We don’t know what it is,” Mr Duncan Smith told journalists of the deal.

“We’re on board until we know it’s time to climb off the board.”

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/107324/boris-johnson-tells-tory-mps-hes-close-everest-summit

Peston je u ITV-ovim vestima u 22 rekao da će po njegovim saznanjima za dil glasati 19 od 21 isključenih torijevaca i da je moguće da dil prođe, što, naglasio je, nije tvrdio ni za jedan pokušaj Tereze Mej.

Os3LvW3.jpg

Sky News ocenjuje da su kritična samo 3 konzervativca, 19 laburista, 20 isključenih konzervativaca (onaj jedan što je prešao u LibDem je uračunat za ne) i 14 nezavisnih poslanika većina od kojih su bila laburisti.

Soums (jedan od isključenih konzervativaca) je rekao da će glasati za, i da veruje da će to uraditi većina isključenih...kaže it's not a great deal, but it's a deal and it's not a bad deal

Soums (jedan od isključenih konzervativaca) je rekao da će glasati za, i da veruje da će to uraditi većina isključenih...kaže it's not a great deal, but it's a deal and it's not a bad deal

Osim sto je losiji deal protiv koga su glasali pre...

Sent from my iTelephone using Tapatalk