IGNORED

Amerika, zemlja velika

Кристофер Лумумбо

18 minutes ago, Lezilebovich said:

A izgleda ni sa Bajdenom

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/441408-timeline-a-history-of-the-joe-biden-anita-hill-controversy/

Da pojasnim, naravno da ima veze sa trampom koji je iskoristio priliku da ubaci svoje sudije, ali je na toj platformi i dobio izbore, pa nije bas da je samo on problem u americi ( mada sam ja hiljade km daleko, za razliku od vas nekoliko, pa i znam samo ono sto procitam tu i tamo)

trump je dobio izbore na platformi sirenja paranoje od komunista koji cuce u kukuruzima i samo cekaju da otmu vase krvavo zaradjene pare i uloze ih u socijalizam i sve njegove uzase: zdravstveno osiguranje za sve, abortusi sve do porodjaja pa i kasnije, besplatno skolovanje, oduzimanje naoruzanja organizovanoj miliciji, jezivo taksiranje bogatih kako ne bi mogli da zaposljavaju siromasne itd itd

Edited by 3opge
  • +1 4

Malo me brine sto se zove dances for abortion i ima ovo metalno ostro sranje u kadru ...

edit: sto mozda i jeste bila poenta da se naglasi sta je alternativa

Edited by Lezilebovich

Bolja verzija:

Social media and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Edited by Weenie Pooh
  • +1 1

WP iz 2006.

Alito Disavows Controversial Group Nominee Touted His Membership in 1985

By Dale Russakoff
January 12, 2006

As a Princeton alumnus and professional basketball player, Bill Bradley in 1973 renounced his membership in Concerned Alumni of Princeton, calling it a "right wing" organization that opposed the admission of women and minorities to the school.

Two years later, another distinguished alumnus and future U.S. senator, Bill Frist, co-wrote a report denouncing the group for "grossly inaccurate" attacks on the school's policies and a "narrow ideological perspective" that had done "a disservice to the university."

Supreme Court nominee Samuel A. Alito Jr.'s membership in this group, which he touted among his conservative credentials in a 1985 application for a political appointment in the Reagan Justice Department, touched off a bruising political battle yesterday during the third day of confirmation hearings.

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (Mass.) and other Democrats demanded to know why the son of an Italian immigrant would take credit for membership in a "radical" group that opposed increased enrollment of women and minorities, while Republicans and a White House spokesman branded that line of questioning as "pathetic," "scurrilous" and an effort to assign "guilt by association."

The group was founded in 1972 by Princeton alumni who were troubled that the university had recently begun admitting women and who said Princeton had lowered its standards to admit more minorities.

Alito, a 1972 Princeton graduate, testified yesterday that he has no recollection of joining the group, and that he would not have done so if he had known of its writings about women and minorities. "I deplore those statements," he said. "I would never be a member of an organization that took those positions."

He said he assumes he joined only because he supported the return of ROTC to the Princeton campus. As an undergraduate, Alito was a member of Princeton's Army ROTC unit when it was expelled from the campus -- a move that he said "rankled" him because "the attitude seemed to be that the military was a bad institution and that Princeton was too good for the military."

The Army ROTC unit was back on campus by the time Alito wrote his 1985 job application, but he said the Navy and Air Force units were not.

Throughout its existence, the now-defunct group was widely reported in major newspapers and magazines to be against increased admission of minorities and women -- positions advanced in its magazine, fliers and letters to alumni. Republicans released a 1985 newspaper article that said the group also was defending the Army ROTC unit then.

Democrats declared themselves "incredulous" that Alito was unaware of the group's attitudes toward women and minority students, and that his explanations for why he joined the group and mentioned it on an application did not add up. Kennedy read aloud a number of passages from the group's magazine, Prospect, that attacked women, minorities and gays.

One 1983 article, titled "In Defense of Elitism," began: "People nowadays just don't seem to know their place. Everywhere one turns, blacks and Hispanics are demanding jobs simply because they're black and Hispanic. The physically handicapped are trying to gain equal representation in professional sports. And homosexuals are demanding the government vouchsafe them the right to bear children."

Alito said he had never seen the article and called the views in it "antithetical" to his beliefs. Republicans released disclaimers from Prospect saying that all articles reflected the opinions of the authors and were not official positions of Concerned Alumni of Princeton.

White House spokesman Steve Schmitt said Kennedy was "attributing to the judge words he never said or wrote and explicitly repudiates" because the Democrats were "unable to challenge Judge Alito's mastery of the law and his stellar 15-year record on the appellate court."

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) read aloud the comments of 1975 Princeton graduate Diane Weeks, who had worked for Alito when he was U.S. attorney in New Jersey.

"When I saw Concerned Alumni of Princeton on that 1985 job application, I was flabbergasted," Durbin quoted Weeks as saying in the Nation magazine. "I was totally stunned. I couldn't believe it. CAP made it clear to women like me we were not wanted on campus. And he is touting his membership in this group in 1985, 13 years after he graduated? He's not a young man at this point. . . . I'm very troubled by this and if I were in the Senate, I would want some answers."

Alito responded that Weeks was "one of many women whom I hired when I was U.S. attorney. And I think that illustrates my attitude toward equality for women."

In an interview yesterday, Weeks said: "The reason I'm flabbergasted is that from my personal experience with Sam, he does not discriminate against women, minorities or anyone else. He is a merit-based thinker. That's who he is. I cannot understand for the life of me why he would have even associated himself with Concerned Alumni of Princeton."

At Kennedy's request, and with Alito's blessing, Committee Chairman Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) said the panel will examine the group's records to get "all the facts." The records are in the Library of Congress in the private papers of William Rusher, a former publisher of National Review magazine. Rusher allowed the New York Times to review the records last year, and the newspaper found no evidence that Alito was active in the organization or was a major donor to it.

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) called the attacks on Alito "guilt by association," adding, "I am sorry that your family has had to sit here and listen to this." Alito's wife, Martha-Ann, left the room in tears, returning after a break.

Staff writer Jo Becker contributed to this report.

Peticija generacije sa Princeton univerziteta nakon curenja informacija o nameri SC

https://paw.princeton.edu/inbox/response-alito-72-defense-womens-rights

Lik je pre 50 godina potpisivao peticiju da se devojke ne primaju na Princetone.
Docekao je svojih 5 munuta 50 godina posle.

Edited by Moonwalker

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/laurence-tribe-samuel-alito-supreme-court-roe_n_62b79da2e4b04a61736b4b14

“Tribe also called out Justice Samuel Alito for not bothering to fix inaccuracies in his “shoddy” ruling that had been pointed out by historians in his draft of the opinion released last month.Alito was attacked then for justifying his decision by repeatedly quoting someone he characterized as a “great” and “eminent” legal authority: Sir Matthew Hale.

But Hale was hardly that, historians complained. The English judge, who lived from 1609 to 1676, sentenced “witches” to death, and wrote an infamous treatise warning authorities to distrust women who reported being raped. He also declared that in marriage, a woman placed her body under her husband’s “permanent dominion,” rendering any marital rape accusation illegitimate.

In addition, Alito misrepresented facts about Hale’s time when abortion was unregulated until a fetus “quickened,” or was first felt moving in the womb, which can happen as late as 25 weeks into a pregnancy, University of Minnesota Law Professor Jill Elaine Hasday noted in The Washington Post after Alito’s opinion was leaked.

As for Alito’s repetitive citations and gushing praise of Hale (which remained in the final decision), it’s “long past time to leave that misogyny behind,” wrote Hasday.Tribe complained that Alito paid absolutely no heed to the criticism of Hale because “he and those joining him feel untouchable and answer to no one.”

• +1 3

Maher je nepodnošljivi smarač, ali po pitanju uticaja idpol manije na izborni učinak demokrata je u pravu 100%. Ono kao, broken clock is right twice a day.

Naravno, on ne vidi da demokrate jednostavno nemaju šta konkretno da ponude biračima. Nije da su im apstrakcije srcu draže, nije da ne kapiraju da ljudi traže materijalni boljitak umesto poziranja, nego jednostavno nisu spremni za iskorak u tom pravcu. Više im se isplati ovako.

Jedan probao pre šest godina, pa ga ipak u 2020 doveli u red i naučili da signalizira svim mogućim manjinama umesto što nudi univerzalnu priču. 

Edited by Weenie Pooh
  • Tpojka locked and unlocked this topic
  • James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic
  • Tpojka featured and unfeatured this topic