• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• aram

• bad music for bad people

• maheem

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ode i mike carroll. tim kerr napisao lepo slovo.

" My friend Mike is about to leave us physically, but I KNOW he will still be here in spirit. We became extended family when he became the 5th Big Boy. He did not play an instrument but worked just as hard as we did as our roadie and friend. When the Big Boys took a break for a bit, we were all going to start up other bands for the fun of it .... nothing serious. Poison 13 started because Mike really wanted to sing in a band. We recruited Chris on bass when it became apparent that we actually had a show and we did not have a bass player yet. After a couple of shows Chris asked Bill to join. Mike was into rockabilly, the Cramps, and 60s garage before it was cool and way ahead of the curve. I brought in the blues and we all liked punk. It was seriously like witnessing Dr. Jekyll turn into Mr. Hyde when he was up on stage singing. Here was this quiet, somewhat shy guy who would just go off on stage. And that voice! Snotty garage punk meets John Brannon. Yes, REALLY! We were way too blues for the punk crowd and way too punk for the blues crowd. A handful of people would come and see us and we were having a blast. As Chris would wear on his jacket, "hated and proud." But Seattle, thanks to the U-Men, we found out years later, loved us.
It was never intended to take the place of the Big Boys, but the Big Boys just never got back together again. We put out 2 records, the first coming out around the same time as the first Lime Spiders record and the first Nomads record.
When Bad Mutha Goose started up , we were gone so much that we lost touch with MIke. It started to become apparent that no one knew where he was. The absolute worse was when his mom called and asked Beth if she knew where he was. And then added that he had said if they could not find him, he had told them we would always know where he was. A punch in the gut for sure.....damn. Mike got back in touch with Beth and I in '90 or '91. We were in tears and beyond overjoyed. He decided he still had some things to say and to prove to himself. He got up on stage for the first time again New Years Eve with Jack 'O Fire. He then asked me if I wanted to help him form a new band. He already had a name, The Lord High Fixers. I was so honored. It was like having your old close friend, that you thought you might have lost, come back and giving you a second chance. It consolidated so much I had felt into a truth with an exclamation mark.
Celebrate your time here. Band ?, who cares.....it was FRIENDS celebrating each other because this could be the last time. Tell people you love them and if someone looked like they wanted to play, hand them your guitar. It was NOT hippy bullshit, it was so much more above that and became our truths that we have carried since.
Shows were celebrations and a call-to-arms to get involved and find your own self-expression. If we made it through the set, we made it and if we didn't-oh well.
Mike taught us that and I am forever grateful.
Total Sound Group Direct Action Committee started up next with the same agenda and truth.
I love you Mike, but I know you KNOW .
I remember you, and all the things you do, that now I try and do, to remember you forever. "

• radisa locked this topic
  • radisa unlocked this topic