IGNORED

Rock fotografija

Atreid

Slashova keva (Ola Hudson) i Major Tom.

spacer.png

Slash:

“My mum started working with David professionally at first, I’m pretty sure that’s how it started. Then it turned into some sort of mysterious romance that went on for a while after that. She did his wardrobe for his whole Thin White Duke period and The Man Who Fell To Earth movie that he did. She did all that, and he was around for a while. He was always over – they were always together. I caught them naked once. They had a lot of stuff going on, but my perspective was limited. Looking back on it, I know exactly what was going on."

• +1 4
  • Wub 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Stela said:

@klimt

Jesi li to bio na izlozbi u DOTS galeriji?

Nesto planiram da se promuvam tuda ovih dana.

Ne još, pošto nisam iz Beograda.

Nadam se da ću je pogledati, samo ne znam kad. Otvorena je do 27. aprila.

Kada budeš išla, javi ovde da nije slučajno štampan neki obiman katalog. Bilo bi lepo imati odštampane Gorankine rok fotografije.

• +1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

I remember waking up one Sunday morning and deciding to get out of the house and go check out a free gig on the other side of the city. It was at a small local radio station run by volunteers who had just moved into their new place the year before. It was Open Week at the station where you could go in and watch the interviews being recorded. They were having different bands play for free most days and calling it live in Studio 5. When I arrived there was a band setting up in a small recording studio and there were one or two other people there including the radio host Kim who was interviewing the band.
I didn’t know the band and was surprised by the interview. The singer introduced the bass player as his wife since 1967 and the drummer as his bandmate since 1987. The announcer asked the singer about supporting the Ramones and partying with Janis Joplin. How Pearl Jam had covered their songs. How 10 years ago Nirvana had asked them to go on tour but they turned them down to go play a gig in Invercargill, New Zealand. The radio host asked the bass player if she had heard Lemmy from Motörhead had recently mentioned she was his favorite bass player. The band just laughed and shuffled around the small room plugging in their guitars and putting on their headphones.
When the music started they played a song called Walking on My Grave that was like nothing I had heard before. The vocals sounded like something from another era, like a garage punk version of Neil Young. The singer played with a kind of simple stoicism that reminded me of Johnny Ramone’s stage presence. Guitar hanging low, head down looking towards ripped jeans and stage carpets.  The bass player held her head high and smiled a wide smile towards her band mates with such kindness that it filtered through into the sound of the songs. There was no ego, no awkwardness, no pretentiousness. There was simply a love of music. I stayed and watched their whole set, thanked the band and then walked out of the radio station and back into the street. I realised what I was looking for that morning was what that band had just gifted me. Great music, authenticity and a reminder that these things can exist and endure throughout the years.

Clockwise Kim Walvisch radio announcer on PBS FM Melbourne, drummer Andrew Loomis, bassist Toody Cole and singer/guitarist Fred Cole of Dead Moon, 27 Easey Street, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia. 17 December 2002.

• Wub 1
On 3. 3. 2024. at 15:14, klimt said:

Ne još, pošto nisam iz Beograda.

Nadam se da ću je pogledati, samo ne znam kad. Otvorena je do 27. aprila.

Kada budeš išla, javi ovde da nije slučajno štampan neki obiman katalog. Bilo bi lepo imati odštampane Gorankine rok fotografije.

Stampan je katalog, srednje obiman, nista posebno.

Lepa izlozba, nisam ga tu ocekivala, pa me prijatno iznenadio Cet Bejker :heart:.

• Hvala 1