• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• Takeshi

• roksi

• Caligula

wMnvS.jpg

Europe’s latest geostationary weather satellite has captured its first image of Earth, and it’s a beauty! The Spinning Enhanced Visible and Infrared Imager (SEVIRI) instrument on the Meteosat Second Generation-3 (MSG-3) satellite was launched on July 5, 2012, and has since been in the commission stage. ESA says it will still be a couple of months before it is ready for operations.

...Big gorilla at the L.A. ZooSnatched the glasses right off my faceTook the keys to my BMWLeft me here to take his placeI wish the ape a lot of successI'm sorry my apartment's a messMost of all I'm sorry if I made you blueI'm betting the gorilla will, tooThey say Jesus will find you wherever you goBut when He'll come looking for you, they don't knowIn the mean time, keep your profile lowGorilla, you're a desperadoHe built a house on an acre of landHe called it Villa Gorilla NowI hear he's getting divorcedLaying low at L'Ermitage, of courseThen the ape grew very depressedWent through Transactional AnalysisHe plays racquetball and runs in the rainStill he's shackled to a platinum chainBig gorilla at the L.A. ZooSnatched the glasses right off my faceTook the keys to my BMWLeft me here to take his place...

...‎"But as men grow more industrialised and regimented, the kind of delight that is common in children becomes impossible to adults because they are always thinking of the next thing and cannot let themselves be absorbed in the moment. This habit of thinking of the ‘next thing’ is more fatal to any kind of aesthetic excellence than any other habit of mind that can be imagined, and if art, in any important sense, is to survive it will not be by the foundation of solemn academies, but by recapturing the capacity for wholehearted joys and sorrows which prudence and foresight have all but destroyed." - Bertrand Russell in BBC Reith Lectures...