IGNORED

Crtice o prvom svetskom ratu

SeljačkaSreća

In what was another of his unrealistic assessments, Conrad also told Berchtold to tell the Emperor on 31 July that he ‘was confident that he could induce Italy not only to fulfil her allied obligations against France, but also place troops at our disposal for use in Galicia’

Brate :lol:

Listam malo knjigu, str. 442-3

Manče, kako komentarišeš Licova i Nikolsona? Kako je Nikolsonu promakao mehanizam koji će uvući sve u rat (štaviše i važnost teme, jer nije obavestio Greja) a Licovu je manje-više odmah sve bilo jasno?

Ma de mu je promakao. 

permanent under-secretary (je) fakticki tehnicki vodi(o) spoljnu politiku, glavne smernice se znaju, a on koordinira sve i vidi sve, sto cak ni ministar ne vidi (jbg. ministar je politicar, to je samo kurzon bio manijak da sve ili skoro sve hoce da vidi. Duga je tema, ali FO je bio (cak i dugo ostao) steciste ovakvih old school brit aristokratskih karaktera koji su iskreno mrzeli liberale (i tesko da su im zeleli nesto dobro). Zanimljivo je, pak, da je Nicolson bio slavofil i iskreno je hteo da Rusija pokaze Nemcima njihovog boga :D E sad, verovatno je i hteo da naudi sefu (dakle, u GB ne treba nikad zanemariti te unutarpoliticke razmisrice), a verovatno nije ni imao nista protiv da vise do rata dodje kad ga vec ova druga strana zeli (sto mu je bilo jasno). (Educated) guess - kombinacija. 

Brate :lol:

Realno, obzirom kako je sve teklo - steta sto se to nije desilo. Jugoslavija bi bila od Draca do Udina. gde bi se verovatno granicila sa Francuskom  :D

Edited by MancMellow

Katolički Božić 1914, opsednuta tvrđava Pšemisl:

Christmas ceasefire brought a traditional exchange of gifts along the front. The Russians left meat and bread while the Austrians offered schnapps and milk, more than they could spare, to give the impression that supplies were plentiful. A sign put up by the Russians opposite the VI Bezirk read:

From our deepest hearts we wish all of you brave defenders of the fortress a peaceful and happy Christmas.

Peace on earth and may God grant your wishes.

That is the desire of the gunners of Imperial Russian Battery number 5 of the Xth Artillery Brigade.

:nobles: 

The raid on Ancona was in every way a success completely out of proportion to the
damage inflicted, and illustrative of the careful planning of which the Habsburg
war machine was capable.

As well as disrupting troop movements up and down the peninsula and
seriously disordering the Italian mobilisation plans, the raid paralysed Italian
naval planning for the rest of the war. The effect on morale was even more
devastating. Captain Herbert Richmond, the British liaison officer with the
Italian fleet at Taranto, wrote bitterly after the raid:

The Italians have admitted that the Austrians have command of the sea in the
Adriatic in spite of their inferior naval force and without fighting an action.
They might as well sell their fleet and rake up their organs and monkeys
again for, by heaven, that seems more their profession than sea fighting.

Lasno je šiljiti patku nad Italjianima :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ide na RTS-u neki prilog o TImočkoj krajini pod bugarskom okupacijom, i pominju Timočku diviziju "koja se borila na Ceru i teško stradala prilikom odbrane  :whistle:  Srema u septembru".

• 6 months later...

Cekaj, Zundhausen realno umro? :wacko:  Ni rec nije bila u domacim medijima, bre. Sramota u neku ruku.

U nemackim medijima par obituara, ali nista od supstance.

Ima ovaj interview-review Clarkove knjige. (na dojchu)

http://www.lisa.gerda-henkel-stiftung.de/serbien_und_die_serben_in_clarks_schlafwandler?nav_id=4663

Ovaj deo mi bas i nije dobar. Nisam zaista ocekivao da ce ovoliko da se slozi sa C.

Die österreichisch-ungarische Herrschaft in Bosnien-Herzegowina zwischen 1878 und 1918 war zeitweilig, und zwar in der „Ära“ von Benjamin Kállay, bestrebt, die drei großen nationalen und religiösen Bevölkerungsgruppen beider Provinzen zu einer Gemeinschaft zu verflechten.

Dieser Versuch ist gescheitert (er hätte den Menschen in Bosnien-Herzegowina viel Leid erspart). Er ist gescheitert, weil v.a. serbische und kroatische Nationalisten diese Bestrebungen massiv torpediert haben. Für serbische Nationalisten waren Bosnien-Herzegowina „serbische Länder“, - eine These, die in jeder Hinsicht absurd ist, für kroatische Nationalisten waren die bosnischen Muslime der „reinste Teil“ ihrer Nation und die beiden Provinzen galten als Teil Kroatiens in „seinen historischen Grenzen“, - eine These, die nicht weniger absurd ist. Und das, was auf Österreich-Ungarn folgte – z.B. der jugoslawische Staat –, war nicht weniger heterogen als die untergegangene Doppelmonarchie, aber in mancher Hinsicht schlechter organisiert als der Vorgängerstaat. Hätte der Hauptattentäter von 1914, Gavrilo Princip, den jugoslawischen Staat noch erlebt und hätte er erlebt, wie die Befreiungsrhetorik mit der Wirklichkeit kollidierte, hätte er seine Tat möglicherweise bereut. Tatsache ist, dass viele Bürger in den vormals habsburgischen Teilen Jugoslawiens (darunter auch Serben!) ihre „Befreiung“ bitter bereuten.

Edited by hausmaistor
  • 4 weeks later...