IGNORED

FILMSKA MUZIKA

Pera Zeka

moram, ali bas moram jos jednu stvar iz lobstera ;-)

dakle, rec je o fenomenalnoj, a kod nas gotovo nepoznatoj grkinji, danai stratigopulo /Δανάη Στρατηγοπούλου/ - bila je pevacica ali i predavala na univerzitetu...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://youtu.be/7QTTiezP2f4

Lalo Schifrin's rejected score for the 1973 film The Exorcist

Schifrin’s atonal Exorcist score was very much in the vein of Krzysztof Penderecki (whose “Cello Concerto No. 1” of Polymorphia was used in the film’s final edit) with the addition of Bernard Herrmann-esque “fright stabs.”

This score was used in an advanced trailer which some have called the “banned trailer.” As the stories go, this trailer literally made audiences sick when it was shown. It’s unclear if the sounds and images were simply upsetting or if the flashing images actually caused seizures in some viewers.

Schifrin, speaking to Score Magazine revealed some of the history of his work and Friedkin’s reaction:

"The truth is that it was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life, but I have recently read that in order to triumph in your life, you may previously have some fails. What happened is that the director, William Friedkin, hired me to write the music for the trailer, six minutes were recorded for the Warner’s edition of the trailer. The people who saw the trailer reacted against the film, because the scenes were heavy and frightening, so most of them went to the toilet to vomit. The trailer was terrific, but the mix of those frightening scenes and my music, which was also a very difficult and heavy score, scared the audiences away. So, the Warner Brothers executives said Friedkin to tell me that I must write less dramatic and softer score. I could easily and perfectly do what they wanted because it was way too simple in relevance to what I have previously written, but Friedkin didn’t tell me what they said. I´m sure he did it deliberately. In the past we had an incident, caused by other reasons, and I think he wanted vengeance. This is my theory. This is the first time I speak of this matter, my attorney recommended me not to talk about it, but I think this is a good time to reveal the truth."

Friedkin had asked Schifrin for a score that “did not sound like music” and which was “tonal and moody.”

"Finally, I wrote the music for the film in the same vein as that of the trailer. In fact, when I wrote the trailer I was in the studio with Friedkin and he congratulated me for it. So, I thought i was in the right way… but the truth was very different."

Reportedly, Friedkin was so displeased with the partial score that Schifrin had submitted that he literally threw it out of the studio window—mirroring the second story window ejections of Burke Dennings and Father Karras in the film.

Edited by Jimmy Kowalski
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Da li se ova glavna tema iz filma "Hero" (Tan Dun) cuje jos u nekom filmu, mozda u malo drukcijoj orkestraciji? Ubedjena sam da sam negde "gledala" ovu temu, ili delove iste, ali ne znam gde.

Da li se ova glavna tema iz filma "Hero" (Tan Dun) cuje jos u nekom filmu, mozda u malo drukcijoj orkestraciji? Ubedjena sam da sam negde "gledala" ovu temu, ili delove iste, ali ne znam gde.

Ima je i na jednom albumu Air-a