IGNORED

Svet posle Korone - društvo i vrednosti

Redoran

a vratiće se i neki stari zanati (ko delfini u Veneciju :D )...

As millions file for unemployment benefits in the United States every week, states' aging computer systems simply cannot keep up. States like New Jersey and Connecticut have said they are desperate for programmers who are still familiar with COBOL, a programming language that debuted in 1960 and is still used in critical computer systems like unemployment databases and banks. But there aren't many who know COBOL programming anymore. IBM, the leading provider of mainframes typically used to compile and run COBOL code, is trying to help bridge that gap. From a report:

On Friday, IBM announced it was launching a free training program to teach coders COBOL as well as new forums to match those who know the language with those who need help maintaining their critical systems. The COBOL course will teach coders how to use the language in Microsoft's popular VSCode software and will be available next week. Next month, IBM says it will release a more fully fledged video COBOL course on online learning platforms like Coursera. The two forums that IBM has launched live on the Linux Foundation's Open Mainframe Project website. One of the forums, Calling all COBOL Programmers, has had dozens of engineers sign up in the last 24 hours from around the world. The other forum is more technical in nature, where coders can pose specific COBOL questions and work through projects with experts.

Apple, Google bring coronavirus contact-tracing to 3 billion people

Apple Inc. and Google unveiled a rare partnership to add technology to their smartphone platforms that will alert users if they have come into contact with a person with COVID-19.

https://fortune.com/2020/04/10/apple-google-coronavirus-contact-tracing-covid-19-tracking-technology/

Razumem bolest i drustvenu odgvornost ali mi se ne svidja princip oznacavanja.

23 hours ago, Svarog said:

a vratiće se i neki stari zanati (ko delfini u Veneciju :D )...

I danas mi u glavi odzvanja cerekanje kolega akademaca kada nas je jednog davnog jesenjeg semestra dočekao COBOL crash course. A meni bilo baš zanimljivo.