IGNORED

Electro prćija

Idioteque

v_retropect.gifintervju u spojleruBryan G – V Recordings Retrospect Vol. 2

This is the follow-up in the successful series that will both delight V fans and appeal to those who have only recently been introduced to the sounds of Drum & Bass. With 12 tracks including the classic “Its Jazzy (Felix RD mix)” with its funk-filled bassline to Artificial Intelligence’s “No Return”, or the street wise anthem “Shooks” by Afro Kid, this is a full experience selected by Bryan G, one of the founders of the legendary V Recordings.It is testimony to V’s impressive back catalogue that these tracks only make up Vol 2. While songs such as “Burning”, “Maintain”, “Time Stretch” “LK (Remix)”, “Chapter 19” and “Autumn (Remix)” stand out as some of V’s best-known and best-loved songs, all of the tracks on this album offer listeners something that is classic V, with a host of top producers, including Roni Size, Dillinja, Krust, Dj Marky & Xrs, Ray Keith and DJ Die. All these tracks have been digitally re-mastered, offering clear, crisp quality and with many of them available on this format for the very first time since vinyl.A bunch of these tunes are what made most of us here at Media Contender fall in love with this music over a decade ago and was the common denominator that originally brought us together. Complete nostalgia for the old-school crew and a history lesson for those of you who have never heard any of this.We wanted to get a little more from genre legend Bryan G and here’s what he had to say.You’ve been in it since the early days and have seen the peaks and valleys of the genre, tell us how you’re feeling about where Drum & Bass at today and where you would like to see it go in the near future.At the moment for me the music is at its best. The only thing I would say is that there seems to be a lack of good jump up stuff, but the deep liquid and hard stuff is great.Tell us what artists you’re currently into and who we should put on our radar.Gotta talk about my boys out in Brazil Level 2, Acuna and Crytical Dub. These guys are on fire; kind of reminds me of the Full Cycle crew and how they bounce and compete in friendly way against each other. My boy Ruffstuff’s coming through with the flavours. Also D Ramatic and D B Audio are some guys from up north killing me at the moment. I get about 10 great tracks a week or more. Where it’s going no one knows but I can say that it just takes that 1 tune to change the direction of the sound. As long as it continues evolving and stays on the cutting edge of music that’s good for me.V recordings has a large and impressive discography, how do you want people to view the label’s sound as a whole and what’s the future looking like?I’m not sure how people look at the label. We haven’t got a certain sound like a lot of labels. I like that V is just about the vibe and I am into all flavours, so it’s really just what feels good.For those who have followed Drum and Bass for years and know the artists that have released music on V, can you tell us a story or fond memory in retrospect of the label?“Warning” by Firefox and “Grimey” by Dillinja were meant as a joke and never intended to be released yet both turned out to be two of our biggest sellers. Marky & XRS’ “LK” (which stood for Liquid Kitchen) almost never came out on V as it had been offered to a few other labels. Good thing for us they didn’t like it.Also, it was often thought that “Shooks” was made by DJ Krust on Chronic Records. As Chronic never had artist names on the labels, we can now reveal it was Afro Kid aka Lemon D .Is there a cultural parallel between whats happening in the underground now versus when you first started?There seems to be a more togetherness abroad, while over here in the UK it’s easier to see the divisions. Especially with Liquid D&B and jump up, the two seem to be moving so far apart it’s almost a complete different thing.In support of the album release, we’ve been handed a treat by way of an Old School mix from the man himself.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD OR LISTEN “BRYAN G – V RECORDINGS OLD SKOOL MIX VOL 1″

1. Its A Jazz Thing – Roni Size & Dj Die (V Recordings)2. Timestretch – Roni Size (V Recordings)3. Kutt- Roni Size (Chronic Records)4. Chapters 20 – Dillinja (V Recordings)5. Burial (Amen Mix) – Leviticus (Philly Blunts)6. Gangster Remix – Dillinjah (Philly Blunts)7. Bonanza Kid – Firefox (Philly Blunts)8. Buck Rogers – Firefox (Philly Blunts)9. Days – Roni Size (V Recordings)10. Something Special – Dj Die (V Recordings)11. Step Up – Roni Size – (V recordings)12. Set Speed Relick – Dj Krust (V Recordings)13. Guess – Dj Krust (V Recordings)14. Angles – Dj Krust (V Recordings)15. Shooks – Afro Kid (Chronic Records)16. Special Treat – Dj Die (V Recordings)17. Non Believers – Dillinjah/Trinity (Chronic Records)18. I Selassie I – Dillinjah (Philly Blunts)19. Jah – Dillinjah/Trinity (Chronic Records)20. Nasty – Monoman/Dj Die (Chronic records)21. Rage – Dillinjah/Trinity (Chronic Records)22. 3 Drops – Dillinjah/Trinity (Chronic records)23. Warpeed – Dillinjah (Chronic Records)24. Bad Man (Downtown Skank Mix) – Bryan G & Dillinjah (Dubplate)25. The Calling (Goldie Mix) – Roni Size (V Recordings)

Originalni link

dobro hipsteri, oce neko ovde da ishajluje set marka ernestusa sa laznim tikimenom na mikser dispatch stejdzu?
baci neki link, vidim da je mikso libecajta i fridmana.p.s.jebem vas škrte, što mi niko nije rekao za dublab? angry.gif Edited by Hella
pitacu relju, mora da ima negde. bilo je bas masovno. em more ljudi, em nevidjeno zajebat set.
oće li ta iluminacija ili da ostajemo šabani doveka? Edited by Hella

sabani, reko ernestus. od relje:"mark nije dozvolio snimanje. on je u fazonu da mu svest o snimanju narushava flow seta, da pocinje previse da razmislja itd...i da mu to utice na nastup. a i kao ni jedan snimak mu nije ni priblizan zivom dozivljaju itd"sledeci put neka neko piratise, makar i mobilnim telefonom.