IGNORED

NBA 22/23

Amos

1 hour ago, ducca said:

Teško da će Jamal do supermaxa osim ako konačno ne upadne na allstar, mada računam da će od starta sezone sve karte baciti na to i da će ga i debeli pogurati koliko god može (valjda mu se računa učinak i naredne sezone za supermax eligibility).

ne treba mu all star nego all nba neka od 3 petorke ili MVP ili DPOY valjda

iz WSJ, isti tip koji je napisao veoma afrimativan clanak o Djokovicu prekjuce. 

At the moment, he’s the easy answer to what can be a very argumentative topic.

Nikola Jokic is the best basketball player in the world.

To be clear, there are basketball observers who have believed this about Jokic for years—especially those long-suffering, now-jubilant fans racing around the streets of downtown Denver as I type this. 

For you holdouts and stragglers (you know who you are), the 28-year-old big man from Serbia put an exclamation on his case Monday, leading the Nuggets to a smash-mouth 94-89 Game 5 victory over Miami and securing the franchise’s first NBA championship ever.

Team sport, but it’s Nikola’s game now. LeBron James remains the sport’s starriest active player, Steph Curry its Jaw-Dropper in Chief, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid, Jayson Tatum, Luka Doncic, Kevin Durant and a few others all capable of acts of wonder. 

There’s also Playoff Jimmy Butler. He’s a handful, as Denver was the latest to learn.

But this is Nikola’s World now. Welcome to the Summer of Jokic. 

What will the Summer of Jokic look like? Who knows! The guesswork is part of the fun. The NBA’s best player is also a high-profile enigma, a keeps-to-himself giant who prefers to spend the offseason back home in the company of family, old friends and his horses. 

Do not expect a cash-in. Do not expect him to deliver a fiery speech at the parade. Here’s what Jokic managed on the court after the deal was done:

“It’s good, it’s good,” he said. “The job is done, and we can go home now.”

So it isn’t the climatic scene of “Gladiator.” So what? If you weren’t charmed by Jokic on the victory stage, holding his toddler and looking a little embarrassed by all the attention, sorry. 

His game is all the charisma he needs. Jokic is a team basketball marvel—a visionary big man with small-guy handling skills; a dominant post player who understands modern spacing and passes, Gretzky-like, as if he sees the action a second and a half before anyone else. 

If you don’t get it now, you never will. The Minnesota Timberwolves (out in 5 games) get it. The Phoenix Suns (out in 6) get it. The Los Angeles Lakers (swept) get it. The admirably hard-to-kill Heat get it now. Jokic wound up leading the entire NBA playoffs in points, rebounds and assists—the first time that’s happened in league history. 

That’s a Jokic lesson for all the young players out there—next time you watch him, notice how quickly he makes a move or gets rid of the rock. The best player in the world accelerates the action, never slows it. Every basketball coach you ever had just swooned.

You know what else? Soft, dexterous hands. Think John McEnroe volleying at the net at Wimbledon. There’s some water polo in there, to be sure. Jokic has mastered a type of pass in which he doesn’t really even hold the ball, but instead flicks it and redirects it. It’s lethal. When it happens, opponents barely see it. 

Of course, he can also score. When he needed to on Monday, Jokic took the ball, stuck out his bottom, and backed the Heat down to the basket, just like your dad used to do in the driveway. The Heat had to be wary of his passing, so that led to easy layups, or one of those backward-falling-out-of-a-canoe jump shots that are as unblockable as Dirk Nowitzki’s.

Collectively, these Nuggets put title No. 1 in the books, and you can throw a little legacy love on a former ABA franchise’s colorful history and names like Alex English, Dan Issel, David Thompson and Dikembe Mutombo. 

Throw whomever else you want. Throw in Maxie the Miner! Give ‘em all a little love. 

When it was over, Jokic looked happy, but also looked like he’d be happy to get away from it all. The first thing he did was to go and congratulate the Heat. He hugged important Heat players, Heat role players and he even found a few people in Heat gear who may or may not have been on the roster. He saved his biggest hug for Adebayo, his nemesis in the middle. 

Jokic loves the game. The fuss, accolades, the stats, all of everything else clearly is secondary to a guy who was drafted 41st in 2014—not live on television, but during a Taco Bell commercial—and arrived in the U.S. as more of a curiosity than a prospect.

He’s become much more, of course. He’s become everything. 

Welcome to the Summer of Nikola Jokic. It’s good. The job is done, and he can go home now. 

https://www.wsj.com/sports/basketball/denver-nuggets-nba-finals-nikola-jokic-aee8277f?mod=hp_featst_pos3

• +1 3
  • Wub 1
7 minutes ago, 1n54jd3r said:

pre no sto se zakljuca topic, ajde i da ovo ostane kao sazetak plejofa :D

Da sam znao, otvarao bih i ranije topike za sezonu :D 

• +1 2

Koja vam je omiljena DEN utakmica ove sezone? 

Ja se dvojim izmedju PHO game 5 kad se Booker spustio na zemlju, pa ih DEN oduvao sa 20 razlike, i gm.4 protiv LA kad je prednost LA od 15 poena izbrisana za 4 minuta.

6 minutes ago, Peter Fan said:

Koja vam je omiljena DEN utakmica ove sezone? 

Ja se dvojim izmedju PHO game 5 kad se Booker spustio na zemlju, pa ih DEN oduvao sa 20 razlike, i gm.4 protiv LA kad je prednost LA od 15 poena izbrisana za 4 minuta.

ta kad je Lebron igrao kao posednut u prvom, pa se izduvao u drugom...a najbolji momenat je Jokiceva trojka AD-u ispred nosa (sombor shuffle/step back)

• +1 5

o jbt, otkad su govorne mane uslov da bi se neko zaposlio na rts-u?

Ne sećate se ovog Žigića sa 202-ke, mislim da je u početku bio i na RB92. Onda je otišao u USA i valjda osnovao "naš radio"...

....shiit has hit the fan.
  • +1 1