• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maheem

• roksi

• Jimmy Kowalski

• Indy

kaže jedan moj prijatelj

Maybe this will be the best Elvis song you've NEVER heard. It did "bubble under" the Hot 100 back in 1964, hitting just #111 on that tiny Billboard chart.

I remember being profoundly sad when I heard the news, but I can't say it was a big surprise. We all knew that Elvis would "Live fast, die young, and have a good-looking corpse." That quote is from the 1947 novel, Knock On Any Door, which inspired a movie two years later starring Humphrey Bogart. It was also used by Christian Slater (as Clarence Worley) in one of my favorite movies of all time, True Romance, when he talked about Elvis, his mentor and spirit guide. One of his other lines from that movie was, "I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis."
Elvis left the building for good on this date in 1977. There was a lot of mystery surrounding his death, but most of that has been cleared up. We now know, with near certainty, that his abuse of narcotics was a factor. But he didn't die of an overdose. He died of a massive heart attack that came on suddenly while he struggled to squeeze out a poop. The drugs he was taking are notorious for causing constipation. Elvis was, basically, full of shit.
I love Elvis. If I had to... well, let's not go there. I love his voice, his personality, his talent for mesmerizing an audience, and his generosity. He gave us everything he had, then went beyond that and gave us more, and more, and more. RIP Elvis. Your contributions to music history will be Never Ending...

Edited by aram