• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maheem

• roksi

• Jimmy Kowalski

• Indy

8 hours ago, Locust said:

Thurston Moore o Madoni:

We were neighbours. We knew each other, by sight. She would say hi to me and I would say hi to her. She was dating a friend of mine for a millisecond, so we were introduced that way and then, through the years, when we’d cross paths on the street, we’d nod heads and smile. She was very friendly with Jean-Michel [Basquiat], Keith Haring, and these artists who were all our neighbours, and we all hung out at the same places: Danceteria, CBGB, Tier 3 and Club 57 were the main places. When she became super-famous, which was all of a sudden, she disappeared from the New York scene. It was a very strange thing, to be working washing dishes, and making pennies per day, and seeing someone who was in your neighbourhood all of a sudden become a superstar. It was unusual. There was no real model for that, for us. It became kind of exciting.

Izjava je iz Gardijana u povodu Madoninog 60. rođendana: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jul/15/thurston-moore-on-madonna-credibility-new-york-downtown-scene

Moore's mother o Madoni u nedavnom intervjuu za NYT koji je Nova priredila:

Nikada se nije podvrgavala estetskim korekcijama, za razliku, recimo, od svoje povremene poznanice Madone. „Pomalo je sujetna zbog starenja, a i ja sam, to je prirodno“, razmišlja. „Ali ako odrastete pod reflektorima kao što je ona, izvođenje postaje vaš identitet. Ona može da radi šta god želi, ona je Madona! Šteta što mi se više ne dopada njena muzika, to je sve.“

• Hvala 2