IGNORED

now playing 2nd coming

luba

evo ga i ovaj sa omotima :S
kreni sa Muriel. Coltrane zvuk. nedavno sam je provalio preko odličnog poslednjeg albuma Reverence. a kolko čujem i ovaj iz 2018. je isto dobar.  

6 minutes ago, Majo said:

@Indy koji ti je najbolji, ovaj moj, ili:

Here Come The Warm Jets

Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)

Before And After Science

Ako mora samo 1, onda isto, Another Green World.

Evo kako je taj album opisala streetmouse (moja "poznanica" sa sajta rateyourmusic.com... Ona baš lepo piše, kao luba nekad ovde.)

Spoiler

THE LEGEND:

I can still taste the late summer of 1975 on the tip of my tongue, I remember the smell of my Sansui 7070 Receiver as its wood housing warmed, and the smooth hum of my Tanburg reel to reel player gently doling out those melodic tunes from Another Green World ... and I remember being in love.  I truly felt that all I needed was to find a place somewhere in the corner, and waste the rest of my days on comfortably worn sheets, exhaling endless plums of blue smoke, with Brian Eno as the soundtrack to my life.

While Here Come The Warm Jets was wonderful, and Taking Tiger Mountain was a brilliant step, Another Green World was one of the most wonderful, hypnotic, spiritual, and hedonistic bodies of work I had yet to encounter ... and I loved every moment of it.  Seven of the songs answered every question I felt I could ever ask, and to those I still return time and time again, never loosing the sensation or pleasure.

The music seems so simple and so unpretentious.  Another Green World had a grace, and style that spoke directly to my soul.  And for the first time in my life I felt that I could write this ... is there any reason I couldn’t play this [?] ... after all these tunes are all about mathematics, form and balance, aren’t they?  But Brian Eno had turned my brain to sand, and I never really got passed my degree of uncertainty.  What I can tell you, is that this music is pure magic, conjured from warm springs, crystal waterfalls, and steaming jungles.  Each of these songs should go on forever, constantly moving toward a horizon that is forever out of reach.

These songs are not ambient music, theses songs are the sound of my breath and my heart, riding on a cool breeze in the late afternoon.

THE FACTS:

If one were to make the assumption that ambient sound is music that floats almost unnoticed in the background, I could hardly classify Another Green World by Brian Eno as ambient music.

But first we must consider the times and the events of the day ... to say that Brian Eno came out of Roxy Music would be true, but it would not take into consideration the amount of work he had done previous to that outing, or his visual arts perspective.  It has been put forth, that Brian’s movement into ambient sound, and I use that term loosely, marked a shift in his musical consideration and expression ... though if one has the patients to listen to the early Roxy Music collection, it is very easy to hear Brian’s workings in the background, tying movements together and floating one song into another.  To me, this does not sound iconoclastic or off beat ... it sounds very structured, calculated and quite brilliant.

What was bizarre, was that Brian took these background techniques and developed them into a construct of consistent songs, if not a body of work ... though some of the songs are so short that they sound experimental, while others feel incomplete, almost as works in progress.  It would be my contention that the work found on this release [and most of his other work] is more melodic in nature then ambient, because it does demand and hold the listener’s attention.  Just listen to “Sky Saw” with Robert Fripp, or “St. Elmo’s Fire,” both of which float the listener away, but in a constructive manner that would not allow the listen to float if they were not paying abject attention to the music.  All of this music, including Brian’s musical theories stand in juxtaposition to where rock n' roll was at during the early 1970’s ... rock had become so complex, with so many walls of sound that it only stupefied the listener, it was a natural step to return to a more simple less complex sound.

Therein lies the misconception of this so called ambient music.  While the sound may have seemed simple and pleasing, creating this sound with early 1970’s technology was anything but simple.  Brian was developing the rules as he went along, making use of tape loops, over dubbing, multi tracking, spacial separation, and multi position microphoning, processing [using one of the earliest VCS3 Synthesizers] ... all designed to capture and displace sound and then tie it together through the use of tape loops, and occasional mystical lyrics.  Much of this technology had been used before, but now with sixteen and thirty two track tape recording, the effects could be achieved more easily and with more effect then The Beatles had achieved on Sgt. Pepper.

This brings me to the song “Third Uncle” [from taking Tiger Mountain], or “Blank Frank” [from Here Come The Warm Jets] which are anything but ambient ... these songs are pure punk, yet with consideration and an intelligence, perhaps the foreshadowing of what was just around the corner, recognized by the consummate mind of Brian Eno ... if not outrightly suggested and designed by him, it's worthy, to consider the fact for a few moments that Brian Eno was responsible for Punk, and while this may not be true, his work makes it worth consideration.

In any event, I remember purchasing his albums, I wore the fact that I got what Brian was saying like a badge of honor ... THIS WAS NOT AMBIENT MUSIC, THIS WAS SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING TO BE RECKONED WITH ... this was source material.

14 minutes ago, Ras said:

Evo i Ambrozićevog teksta iz Vremena (2017) na temu Before and After Science (moguće i da je bilo, ne sećam se)

Malo da pedanterišem, bilo je i posle BaAS Enovih "rock" albuma ("Nerve Net")... Ali, OK, ovaj je poslednji stvarno dobar (a da nije ambient ili kolaboracija.)

On 8.3.2020. at 22:56, Indy said:

Ako mora samo 1, onda isto, Another Green World.

Evo kako je taj album opisala streetmouse (moja "poznanica" sa sajta rateyourmusic.com... Ona baš lepo piše, kao luba nekad ovde.)

Hide contents

THE LEGEND:

I can still taste the late summer of 1975 on the tip of my tongue, I remember the smell of my Sansui 7070 Receiver as its wood housing warmed, and the smooth hum of my Tanburg reel to reel player gently doling out those melodic tunes from Another Green World ... and I remember being in love.  I truly felt that all I needed was to find a place somewhere in the corner, and waste the rest of my days on comfortably worn sheets, exhaling endless plums of blue smoke, with Brian Eno as the soundtrack to my life.

While Here Come The Warm Jets was wonderful, and Taking Tiger Mountain was a brilliant step, Another Green World was one of the most wonderful, hypnotic, spiritual, and hedonistic bodies of work I had yet to encounter ... and I loved every moment of it.  Seven of the songs answered every question I felt I could ever ask, and to those I still return time and time again, never loosing the sensation or pleasure.

The music seems so simple and so unpretentious.  Another Green World had a grace, and style that spoke directly to my soul.  And for the first time in my life I felt that I could write this ... is there any reason I couldn’t play this [?] ... after all these tunes are all about mathematics, form and balance, aren’t they?  But Brian Eno had turned my brain to sand, and I never really got passed my degree of uncertainty.  What I can tell you, is that this music is pure magic, conjured from warm springs, crystal waterfalls, and steaming jungles.  Each of these songs should go on forever, constantly moving toward a horizon that is forever out of reach.

These songs are not ambient music, theses songs are the sound of my breath and my heart, riding on a cool breeze in the late afternoon.

THE FACTS:

If one were to make the assumption that ambient sound is music that floats almost unnoticed in the background, I could hardly classify Another Green World by Brian Eno as ambient music.

But first we must consider the times and the events of the day ... to say that Brian Eno came out of Roxy Music would be true, but it would not take into consideration the amount of work he had done previous to that outing, or his visual arts perspective.  It has been put forth, that Brian’s movement into ambient sound, and I use that term loosely, marked a shift in his musical consideration and expression ... though if one has the patients to listen to the early Roxy Music collection, it is very easy to hear Brian’s workings in the background, tying movements together and floating one song into another.  To me, this does not sound iconoclastic or off beat ... it sounds very structured, calculated and quite brilliant.

What was bizarre, was that Brian took these background techniques and developed them into a construct of consistent songs, if not a body of work ... though some of the songs are so short that they sound experimental, while others feel incomplete, almost as works in progress.  It would be my contention that the work found on this release [and most of his other work] is more melodic in nature then ambient, because it does demand and hold the listener’s attention.  Just listen to “Sky Saw” with Robert Fripp, or “St. Elmo’s Fire,” both of which float the listener away, but in a constructive manner that would not allow the listen to float if they were not paying abject attention to the music.  All of this music, including Brian’s musical theories stand in juxtaposition to where rock n' roll was at during the early 1970’s ... rock had become so complex, with so many walls of sound that it only stupefied the listener, it was a natural step to return to a more simple less complex sound.

Therein lies the misconception of this so called ambient music.  While the sound may have seemed simple and pleasing, creating this sound with early 1970’s technology was anything but simple.  Brian was developing the rules as he went along, making use of tape loops, over dubbing, multi tracking, spacial separation, and multi position microphoning, processing [using one of the earliest VCS3 Synthesizers] ... all designed to capture and displace sound and then tie it together through the use of tape loops, and occasional mystical lyrics.  Much of this technology had been used before, but now with sixteen and thirty two track tape recording, the effects could be achieved more easily and with more effect then The Beatles had achieved on Sgt. Pepper.

This brings me to the song “Third Uncle” [from taking Tiger Mountain], or “Blank Frank” [from Here Come The Warm Jets] which are anything but ambient ... these songs are pure punk, yet with consideration and an intelligence, perhaps the foreshadowing of what was just around the corner, recognized by the consummate mind of Brian Eno ... if not outrightly suggested and designed by him, it's worthy, to consider the fact for a few moments that Brian Eno was responsible for Punk, and while this may not be true, his work makes it worth consideration.

In any event, I remember purchasing his albums, I wore the fact that I got what Brian was saying like a badge of honor ... THIS WAS NOT AMBIENT MUSIC, THIS WAS SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING TO BE RECKONED WITH ... this was source material.

uvek se obradujem kada vidim streetmouse recenziju na discogs-u. mada se ne slazemo uvek, dosta slicnih stvari makar preslusavamo.

inace prilicno misterioznoa osoba na licnom planu... na stranu sto sam dugo po slici sa kaubojskim sesirom, teksas kosulji i state trooper naocaram za sunce mislio da je musko...

bila u vijetnamu, godine nemoguce odrediti...

edit: sad vidim da je rateyourmusic ista slika, samo crno-bela, i tu se vidi da je zensko... ali a doscogs-u je slika mnogo manja i uopste nije ocigledno.

njena opsesija lunom mi je potpuno razumljiva, mada je ne delim (mada ih volim), i cesto preispitujem sadrzajnost drugih bendova kroz prizmu njenog dozvljaja lune.

Edited by kurdi