IGNORED

Bluz

kapetanm

• 3 months later...
Willie Samuel McTell was one of the blues' greatest guitarists, and also one of the finest singers ever to work in blues. Today, we don't even know what he chose to call himself, although "Blind Willie" was his preferred choice among friends. Much of what we do know about him was learned only years after his death, from family members and acquaintances.
Coupling an oddball guitar tuning set against eerie, falsetto vocals, Skip James' early recordings influenced young Robert Johnson. Skip's "Devil Got My Woman" became the basis of Johnson's "Hellhound on My Trail".
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Texas songster Henry Thomas remains a relative stranger who made some great recordings, then returned to obscurity. Evidence suggests he was an itinerant street musician, a musical hobo who rode the rails across Texas and possibly to the World's Fairs in St. Louis and Chicago just before and after the turn of the century. Most agree he was the oldest African-American folk artist to produce a significant body of recordings. His projected 1874 birth date would predate Charley Patton by a good 17 years
Rosalie (or Rosa Lee) Hill, guitar and vocal. Recorded by Alan Lomax in Como, Mississippi, September 25, 1959. From "Worried Now, Won't Be Worried Long," one of five albums commemorating the 50th anniversary of Lomax's "Southern Journey" field recording trip. Released in 2010 digitally by Global Jukebox (GJ 1002) and on LP by Mississippi Records (MR 058). Rosalie Hill was a daughter of the Mississippi Hill Country's composer, multi-instrumentalist, band leader, and musical patriarch Sid Hemphill. Sid taught Rosalie to play the guitar when she was six; by the time she was ten she was playing dances with him. The only two songs she recorded for Alan were marked by a desolate, keening intensity, although by all accounts she was a jolly woman. Her father died in 1961, after which, as blues researcher George Mitchell noted, most of the very musical Hemphills "just didn't feel like playing no more." Rosie hung up her guitar for a time, but by the time Mitchell visited in 1967 she was playing again, and recorded for him a barely less spry version of "Rolled and Tumbled." She died a year later. (Hill's first name often appears "Rosa Lee," but she signed her contract with Lomax "Rosalie.")
Although perhaps more R&B than jazz, one of the most distinctive features of the New Orleans musical landscape is the ritual observance of Mardi Gras and St. Joseph's Day by the so-called Mardi Gras Indians. The tradition of African-Americans masked in feathers has been traced back as far as the 18th century, but the organization of marching clubs following that practice probably dates from 1885, when the participation in Mardi Gras parades of Native Americans in full regalia from Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show caused a sensation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UWBO4r11AY
  • 2 months later...
http://www.sky.fm/play/modernbluesSkroz dobra muzika piči, slušam redovno. Ono što mi se na prvo slušanje dopalo:
Demetria Taylor - Big Boss ManSharon Lewis; Texas Fire - You Can't Take My LifeSena Ehrhardt - Last ChanceElvin Bishop; Kim Wilson; Warren Harris - The Blues Rolls OnTinsley Ellis - Can't Play That WayJohnny Winter - Don't Take Advantage of MeBig Pete - Driftin'Eddie C. Campbell - I DoThe Hamsters - Pouring Water on a Drowning ManSena Ehrhardt - Hear MeDave Hole-Vintage WineThe Nighthawks - Hip Shake MamaEddie C. Campbell – BoomerangTracy Nelson - Howlin' for My BabyThe Robert Cray Band - One In The MiddleLuther Allison - All The King's HorsesColin James-Bad Habits-Walkin' BluesCash Box Kings - Barnyard PimpDave Hole-WorryLittle Charlie & The Nightcats-NervousPeter Karp; Sue Foley - More Than I Bargained ForTab Benoit-I Can't Afford My SelfLouisiana Red - LouiseMarcia Ball-LouetteRobert Cray Band - Our Last TimeLuther Allison - Cherry Red WineGrana' Louise - Learning How To Cheat On YouDave Hole-Walk Away
  • 1 month later...