IGNORED

Amerika, zemlja velika

Кристофер Лумумбо

To što je ovaj teoretičar zavere wannabe president izbrbljao nema puno veze s Kenedijevim mirotvoračkim govorom iz 1963.

Osnovna teza govora je osiguravanje mira i zaustavljanje trke u (pre svega nuklearnom) naoružavanju:

Spoiler

In short, both the United States and its allies, and the Soviet Union and its allies, have a mutually deep interest in a just and genuine peace and in halting the arms race. Agreements to this end are in the interests of the Soviet Union as well as ours--and even the most hostile nations can be relied upon to accept and keep those treaty obligations, and only those treaty obligations, which are in their own interest. 

So, let us not be blind to our differences--but let us also direct attention to our common interests and to the means by which those differences can be resolved. And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. 

Third: Let us reexamine our attitude toward the cold war, remembering that we are not engaged in a debate, seeking to pile up debating points. We are not here distributing blame or pointing the finger of judgment. We must deal with the world as it is, and not as it might have been had the history of the last 18 years been different. 

We must, therefore, persevere in the search for peace in the hope that constructive changes within the Communist bloc might bring within reach solutions which now seem beyond us. We must conduct our affairs in such a way that it becomes in the Communists' interest to agree on a genuine peace. Above all, while defending our own vital interests, nuclear powers must avert those confrontations which bring an adversary to a choice of either a humiliating retreat or a nuclear war. To adopt that kind of course in the nuclear age would be evidence only of the bankruptcy of our policy--or of a collective death-wish for the world. 

To secure these ends, America's weapons are nonprovocative, carefully controlled, designed to deter, and capable of selective use. Our military forces are committed to peace and disciplined in self- restraint. Our diplomats are instructed to avoid unnecessary irritants and purely rhetorical hostility. 

For we can seek a relaxation of tension without relaxing our guard. And, for our part, we do not need to use threats to prove that we are resolute. We do not need to jam foreign broadcasts out of fear our faith will be eroded. We are unwilling to impose our system on any unwilling people--but we are willing and able to engage in peaceful competition with any people on earth. 

Ruski narod spominje samo na jednom mestu, Rusiju nigde.

As Americans, we find communism profoundly repugnant as a negation of personal freedom and dignity. But we can still hail the Russian people for their many achievements--in science and space, in economic and industrial growth, in culture and in acts of courage. 

Drugi svetski rat spominje na ukupno dva mesta.

I speak of peace because of the new face of war. Total war makes no sense in an age when great powers can maintain large and relatively invulnerable nuclear forces and refuse to surrender without resort to those forces. It makes no sense in an age when a single nuclear weapon contains almost ten times the explosive force delivered by all the allied air forces in the Second World War. It makes no sense in an age when the deadly poisons produced by a nuclear exchange would be carried by wind and water and soil and seed to the far corners of the globe and to generations yet unborn. 

Among the many traits the peoples of our two countries have in common, none is stronger than our mutual abhorrence of war. Almost unique among the major world powers, we have never been at war with each other. And no nation in the history of battle ever suffered more than the Soviet Union suffered in the course of the Second World War. At least 20 million lost their lives. Countless millions of homes and farms were burned or sacked. A third of the nation's territory, including nearly two thirds of its industrial base, was turned into a wasteland--a loss equivalent to the devastation of this country east of Chicago. 

Berlin na jednom.

Speaking of other nations, I wish to make one point clear. We are bound to many nations by alliances. Those alliances exist because our concern and theirs substantially overlap. Our commitment to defend Western Europe and West Berlin, for example, stands undiminished because of the identity of our vital interests. The United States will make no deal with the Soviet Union at the expense of other nations and other peoples, not merely because they are our partners, but also because their interests and ours converge 

Hitlera ili naciste na nula.

Pobedu nad njima takođe na nula.

Štaviše, Kenedi je u svom govoru, zahvaljujući kojem je sa Sovjetima ubrzo potpisan prvi sporazum o zabrani nuklearnih proba, proglasio komuniste glavnim krivcima za svetske tenzije jer nameću svoj sistem drugima.

The Communist drive to impose their political and economic system on others is the primary cause of world tension today.

Transkript:

https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/about-jfk/historic-speeches/american-university-commencement-address

Osnovni podaci o govoru:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_University_speech

Edited by vememah
  • Hvala 1
2 hours ago, Meazza said:

Za ovo ostalo sto si napisao, OK, trebalo bi da ti verujem ti jer bolje poznajes kako stvari funkcionisu u SAD i NATO od mene. Ali bih bio ipak iznenadjen da ne dodje ni do kakve eskalacije.

Da se jos vodje nadovezem na ovo, da ne gusimo pogresan topik.

U mojih sad vec skoro 3 decenije ovdje ne postoji drustveno-politicki konsenzus ni oko jednog bitnog pitanja. Skolstvo, zdravstvena zastita, naoruzanje, imigracija, sam pojam ljudskog prava, nema minimuma slaganja ni oko cega. Jedino stozerno pitanje je nastavak imperijalisticke politike i projekcije moci.To je jedina konstanta, samo se mijenja krinka pod kojom se provodi: prekjuce demokratizacija svijeta, juce "war on terror, danas "rules-based order", sutra nesto drugo, ali prije ce uvuci svijet u kataklizmu nego to ozbiljno preispitati. 

Evo recimo, prije 3 mjeseca je bila 20. godisnjica iracke invazije, koja je prosla bez ikakve refleksije ovdje (niti sam je primjetio na forumu), a kamoli politickih ili sudskih konsekvenci. A kad se spozna da nije bilo ni nekog veceg samopreispitivanja medijskih perjanica koje su ne samo duvale u intervencijsku tikvu (recimo NYT), vec su bile kritican dio medijske pripreme rata, onda nije ni cudo za cinicne politicare.

Cak i da je to bila neto-pozitivna stvar po SAD (iako je bio katastrofalan pucanj u sopstvenu nogu - za jedan frisak primjer vidjeti pod Sino-Saudijski sporazum), a o razjebanom Bliskom Istoku u milionima unesrecenih da ne govorimo, ocekivalo bi se da neko stavi prst na celo. Ali jok, i dalje se cepa isto.

I sto je najgore, ako je i ranije bilo neke ideoloske ili ekonomske osnove da se to radi, sad mi nije jasno zasto se to i dalje gura, jer je ocito da su generalno svi (i ekonomske elite, i sitna boranija)na gubitku u daljoj konfrontaciji sa Kinom.

Tako da mrka kapa.

• +1 2

Srecom sto je USA veliki podrzavalac samostalnosti u odlucivanju primanja tudje vojske na svoju teritoriju, pa im armija Kine nece smetati na Kubi 

As the Wall Street Journal reports on Tuesday, China is in advanced negotiations with Cuba toward establishing a joint military facility on the Caribbean island nation's northern coast.

Msm, ukrao je auto, nije pucao ni u koga. Meni nije smešno. To sa psima mi je uvek ličilo na nešto što bi nacisti radili.

• +1 1
On 30. 6. 2023. at 2:27, Filipenko said:

Afirmativna akcija je rasizam, presudio najslobodniji sud.

Pa i jeste po definiciji. Mislim zove se positive discrimination :lolol: