IGNORED

whistleblowers: wikileaks, snowden i...

DarkAttraktor

1 hour ago, Gojko & Stojko said:

Greenwald has gradually shifted toward a similar position. Having initially supported the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq...

Erik Hofer u Pravom verniku iznosi tezu su levi i desni ektremisti slični ne u postavkama, već je u pitanju sličan profil ljudi koji gravitiraju jednom ili drugom ludilu.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/02/22/why-leftists-go-right

Two years later, in 1952, came “Witness,” by the century’s most tormented ex-Communist, Whittaker Chambers. Daniel Oppenheimer’s sequence of biographical essays about six left-wing defectors, “Exit Right: The People Who Left the Left and Reshaped the American Century” (Simon & Schuster), begins with Chambers. This is Oppenheimer’s first book, but he writes with the assurance and historical command of someone who has been thinking about his topic for a long time. The colors of his own flag are hard to discern, which makes him a reliable guide. His sympathy goes to the candidly conflicted, the nakedly shattered. He wants to know why people come to hold the political beliefs they do.

Oppenheimer never quite answers his central question: “Exit Right” is more history than political theory and psychology. Its mini-biographies provide the author with enough thread to weave the larger story of the American left in the twentieth century, from the Daily Worker to the Hitler-Stalin Pact, from the House Un-American Activities Committee to “The Fire Next Time,” from Partisan Review to Ramparts, from Vietnam to 9/11.

Among the six characters, there’s no recurring type, only a hectic impulse toward self-revision that is captured in a line from Clifford Odets’s play “Paradise Lost”: “We cancel our experience. This is an American habit.” But each tale of defection reveals a personal temper that makes these men passionately hostile to the politics of pluralism. They embrace new truths with the convert’s fervor and certitude—Oppenheimer’s “contingency and complexity of belief” is not for them. What they loathe most is liberalism.
Edited by Gandalf
  • +1 2
14 hours ago, Indy said:

Ne može neoliberalnije.

To je novost za mene. Ja sam živeo u ubeđenju da su moje omiljene novine žestoko levo liberalne, u odnosu na američke uslove nešto kao Popovljeva Republika u odnosu na srpske.

12 hours ago, Weenie Pooh said:

Horseshoe theory mrsomuđenje. "Vidite, u podršci Snowdenu su se ujedinili far left i far right, libertarijanci i autoritarijanci :lol: Dakle jasno je da iza svega stoje Sovjeti. Da li ste znali da da Duck Duck Go ima kao jednog od partnera ruski Yandex? Ne budimo šmitovski #svejetoisto belolistićari!"

Uvek ta ista idiotska dilema. "Hoćete ovako ili hoćete još gore?"

Ja sam se ponešto informisao o problematici koju je Šo ovde komentarisao još pre nego što se Snouden pojavio od Džejmsa Bamforda, pa sam detaljno iščitao šta je o tome pisao Čarli Sevidž koga je Šo pominjao, a ponešto sam čuo direktno i od Kita Aleksandera, i direktno pratio šta se posle dešavalo u vezi odnosa nekih pomenutih firmi sa cvjećarnicom. Sovjete ne videh nigde.

In this light, it is extremely significant that Snowden’s famous leak of documents revealing the NSA’s PRISM surveillance program was misinterpreted when it was first disclosed by Greenwald and Barton Gellman of The Washington Post in a way that implied total lawlessness at the NSA. (According to Greenwald’s book on the Snowden leaks, Gellman was put under significant pressure by Snowden to publish before the Post had made the rigorous checks it wanted.) The initial story, as run by both Gellman and Greenwald, claimed that through PRISM, the NSA and FBI had direct access to the servers of the nine leading US Internet companies (Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple). The term “direct access,” implying that these agencies could delve into the companies’ servers at will, with no legal authorization, was inaccurate, and although corrections were published, it created a false impression in the public mind that has never fully dissipated. Snowden himself has never used his platform to correct the error. Charlie Savage covers the episode in the updated edition of his Power Wars: The Relentless Rise of Presidential Authority and Secrecy. His comprehensive history of US government surveillance is not at all reassuring to those concerned about a lack of checks on executive power, but in describing the PRISM program specifically, he acknowledges that it was misunderstood.

The program operated within the existing FISA system and secured cooperation between the Internet companies and the NSA at the point when an individual suspected of involvement in terrorism had been targeted and the NSA wished to retrieve that suspect’s messages from the companies’ servers. Many Americans will still feel that this program constituted an unwarranted breach of privacy, but what PRISM does not do is vindicate the idea of a “deep state” operating entirely independently of the rule of law. Although this might seem like a fine distinction to some, it is an extremely significant one. But the narrative of deep-state lawlessness was too appealing.

Što se tiče idiotske dileme, na svakim izborima imaš opciju da izađeš i da glasaš (kao recimo u Srbiji 2012.) ili da uzmeš pušku i da kreneš u šumu sa nadom da će još neko da te prati. Mislim, video sam ovde i originalnije izjave, recimo sprdanje sa činjenicom da je kosovski premijer bio izbacivač po švajcarskim diskotekama, dvadeset i kusur godina nakon što je politički vođa kosovskih Albanaca bio doktor sa Sorbone, koji "nam" tada nije bio dovoljno dobar.

12 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Erik Hofer u Pravom verniku iznosi tezu su levi i desni ektremisti slični ne u postavkama, već je u pitanju sličan profil ljudi koji gravitiraju jednom ili drugom ludilu.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/02/22/why-leftists-go-right

Two years later, in 1952, came “Witness,” by the century’s most tormented ex-Communist, Whittaker Chambers. Daniel Oppenheimer’s sequence of biographical essays about six left-wing defectors, “Exit Right: The People Who Left the Left and Reshaped the American Century” (Simon & Schuster), begins with Chambers. This is Oppenheimer’s first book, but he writes with the assurance and historical command of someone who has been thinking about his topic for a long time. The colors of his own flag are hard to discern, which makes him a reliable guide. His sympathy goes to the candidly conflicted, the nakedly shattered. He wants to know why people come to hold the political beliefs they do.

Oppenheimer never quite answers his central question: “Exit Right” is more history than political theory and psychology. Its mini-biographies provide the author with enough thread to weave the larger story of the American left in the twentieth century, from the Daily Worker to the Hitler-Stalin Pact, from the House Un-American Activities Committee to “The Fire Next Time,” from Partisan Review to Ramparts, from Vietnam to 9/11.

Among the six characters, there’s no recurring type, only a hectic impulse toward self-revision that is captured in a line from Clifford Odets’s play “Paradise Lost”: “We cancel our experience. This is an American habit.” But each tale of defection reveals a personal temper that makes these men passionately hostile to the politics of pluralism. They embrace new truths with the convert’s fervor and certitude—Oppenheimer’s “contingency and complexity of belief” is not for them. What they loathe most is liberalism.

Ja imam jedan primer iz okruženja - Mark Latam je 2004. bio vođa opozicionih laburista na saveznim izborima i izgubio je te izbore na kojima nije imao velike šanse. Posle toga je napustio partiju i politički život da bi se više od deset godina kasnije vratio u politiku ulaskom u gornji dom NSW parlamenta (NSW je država u kojoj je Sidnej) kao kandidat krajnje desne partije One Nation koju predvodi Polin Henson koja je recimo australijska varijanta Šešelja (doduše Polin za razliku od Šešelja nema pretenzije na ikakvu inteligenciju). Poslednji pasus koga si citirao kao da je pisan sa njim na umu.

Share & Enjoy

Edited by Gojko & Stojko
godina
  • +1 1
1 minute ago, Gojko & Stojko said:

To je novost za mene

Drugi alternativni post kao repliku koji sam želeo da postujem bio je štos, u fazonu, "Siri, show me the most neoliberal take possible". Pa sam pomsilio da nije u redu da trošim taj milenijalni humor kao 1 matori čovek.

Ne znam za te tvoje omiljene novine, ja sam reagovao samo na članak, koji između ostalog koristi i ključnu neoliberalnu reč "blunder" (za imperijalne zločine). Moje, pak, omiljene novine su pisale o toj jezičkoj smicalici (doduše, ključna reč bila je "stumble", ali isti đavo... npr. ovde.)

• +1 2
34 minutes ago, Indy said:

Drugi alternativni post kao repliku koji sam želeo da postujem bio je štos, u fazonu, "Siri, show me the most neoliberal take possible". Pa sam pomsilio da nije u redu da trošim taj milenijalni humor kao 1 matori čovek.

Ne znam za te tvoje omiljene novine, ja sam reagovao samo na članak, koji između ostalog koristi i ključnu neoliberalnu reč "blunder" (za imperijalne zločine). Moje, pak, omiljene novine su pisale o toj jezičkoj smicalici (doduše, ključna reč bila je "stumble", ali isti đavo... npr. ovde.)

Ja razumem da je jednostavnost i brzina mnogima poželjna za forumsku komunikaciju, ali zar ne misliš da je uzimanje za primer ovakvog komentara pisanja drugih novinara malo uprošćeno? Opet, za narod koji se godinama bunio da je nepravedno što se zločini Miloševićevog i pridruženih režima pripisuju srpskom narodu bez izuzetka, zar je ekstrapolacija omogućavanja torture od strane određene američke administracije na zločinačku imperiju išta bolja? Ja sam svojevremeno ovde gledao Q&A kod Tonija Džonsa kad je gostovao Glen Karl, bivši CIA islednik koji je o tome napisao detaljnu knjigu. Transkript tog razgovora ima ovde, koga interesuje, a ima da se nađe na netu i više o samom autoru.

SaE

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Budja said:

on health grounds.

Ajde, barem nesto.

Ovi (USA) su "najavili zalbu" a imaju dva reda cekaca ispred zatvora - jedan ubice a drugi agenti - da ga skleptaju i ubace u prvi avion - ne treba se zavaravati niti mnogo radovati unapred.

• James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic