• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• aram

• bad music for bad people

• maheem

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Povodom smrti Les Paula,Keith Richards, in his trademark mix of coarseness and clarity, may have summed up Les Paul's life as well as anyone when he said, "We all must own up that without Les Paul, generations of flash little punks like us would be in jail or cleaning toilets. This man, by his genius, made the road we still travel today."Edit: sta ste se bre utronjali, niste valjda pomislili da bi Keith Richards tek tako riknuo. Ja sam cuo ljude koji u razgovoru, nevezanom za muziku, cak i o automobilima, kazu "Belive me, it's as unbreakable as Keith Richards".

Edited by Yoyogi

R.I.P. Jim DickinsonJim Dickinson was an American record producer, pianist and singer who fronted, among others, the Memphis based band, Snake Eyes.Dickinson moved to Memphis, Tennessee at an early age. After attending school at Baylor University, he returned to Memphis and played on recording sessions for Bill Justis, and at Chips Moman's American Studios. Dickinson recorded what has been called the last great record on the Sun label, "Cadillac Man" b/w "My Babe" by the Jesters, playing piano and singing lead on both sides, even though he was not an actual member of the group. In the late 1960s, Dickinson joined with fellow Memphis musicians Charlie Freeman, Michael Utley, Tommy McClure and Sammy Creason; this group became known as the "Dixie Flyers" and provided backup for musicians recording for Atlantic Records. Perhaps their best-known work was for Aretha Franklin's 1970 Spirit in the Dark. In 1971, Dickinson also played piano on The Rolling Stones' hit Wild Horses and on The Flamin Groovies' track Teenage Head. In 1972 Dickinson released his first solo album, Dixie Fried, which was a mixture of songs by Bob Dylan, Carl Perkins and Furry Lewis.In the 1970s he became known as a producer, recording Big Star's Third in 1974, as well as serving as co-producer with Alex Chilton on the 1979 Chilton album Like Flies on Sherbert. He has produced Willy DeVille, Green on Red, Mojo Nixon, The Replacements, Tav Falco's Panther Burns, and Screamin' Jay Hawkins, among many others, and in 1977 an aural documentary of Memphis' Beale Street, Beale Street Saturday Night, which featured performances by Sid Selvidge, Furry Lewis and Dickinson's band Mud Boy and the Neutrons. He has also worked with Ry Cooder and with Dylan. In 1998, he produced Mudhoney's, Tomorrow Hit Today.

• 2 weeks later...
He concluded by telling fans: "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a family and a football team to indulge. I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure."

Poginuo član Echo and the Bunnymen

Klavijaturista benda koji će nastupiti na Jelen pivo Live festivalu poginuo je u saobraćajnoj nesreći.Džejk Brokman (53) vozio je motor na ostrvu Man, i sudario se sa vozilom Hitne pomoći."Naše misli su sa Džejkovom suprugom Seli, porodicom i prijateljima", napisali su članovi benda na svom sajtu.U sličnoj nesreći poginuo je i prvi bubnjar benda, Pit de Fritas.Britanski postpunk bend, kojem se Brokman pridružio 1989. godine, nastupa na Jelen pivo Live festivalu u beogradskom SKC-u, druge večeri (19. septembar).Pošto Brokman nije bio deo postavke za turneju, nesreća neće izmeniti koncertne planove benda, potvrdili su za MONDO organizatori.

Edited by kokota
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
CHUCK BISCUITS (1965-2009)biscuit.jpg
Prolific punk drummer Chuck Biscuits died Saturday after a lengthy struggle with throat cancer. He was 44. Chuck was born Charles Montgomery in British Columbia, Canada, performing with hardcore pioneers D.O.A. before relocating to California in 1982 and joining Black Flag. Those early days in California saw him perform with a number of legendary bands, including the Circle Jerks, Fear, and the Weirdos. Biscuits later made his name playing for Danzig. From 1988 he performed as part of that band for their first four albums. He later appeared on their 1993 Thrall: Demonsweatlive EP which yielded the hit "Mother." The drummer performed with a number of acts from punk to hip hop, logging time with everyone from Samhain and Social Distortion to Run D.M.C.
  • radisa locked this topic
  • radisa unlocked this topic